Register now to get rid of these ads!

So long New Jersey....HELLO Texas!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by xxwelderxx, Apr 24, 2010.

1. Hey man thanks for the offer.

When my wife and I get settled we are thinking about having some the local Hamb'rs over the house for a BBQ. Im not great at BBQ, but I can make mean Chilli.

2. PeteFromTexas

PeteFromTexas

Welcome to TEXAS!!!

3. -Brent-

-Brent-

I want to move too! HAMBers make it seem like TX is where it's at! I've known a few Yanks to have moved down there and they love it.

4. Man my wife and I have been trying to get out of NJ for awhile. No such thing as the American Dream here. It just isn't possible.

5. Yo!,,,,,,,,, Good Luck.... let me know how the Pizza taste.....Calzones, and Cannolis

6. SAFU

SAFU
    from Arizona

As a native of Panther City I take exception. :mad:

Will meet you on Main St. at High Noon. Bring yur shootin iron. :D

SAFU

7. Ron,

I have no worries there....my wife...Italian 100%. She will bring all those recipes with her.

I guess we will just have to ship NJ/NYC tap water to Texas for the dough. ;)

8. I hear ya!...... a buddy of mine "Tony" moved to Tuscon,,,,,,, years ago (27years) ,,, his only complaint and he still miss's...... pizza..... "Semolina Bread ",,,, "Genoa" and " Hard Salami

9. Lobucrod

Lobucrod
    Alliance Vendor
    from Texas

Welcome to Texas. I've been here all 58 of my years and wouldn't live anywhere else. One word of wisdom, BBQ in these parts means Beef Brisket. We dont do pulled pork!

10. We not only make it SEEM like,It IS really where it at!!!
    Welcome to Texas,,McKinney is a good spot,but dont expect to find a great expanse of land around it unless you are a millionaire..

11. 66Coronet440

66Coronet440

I traded the shitty northeast weather for the sunny south. I kinda wish I had gone to Austin, though. Good luck, man.

12. cowboy1

cowboy1
    from Austin TX

Hate to see ya leave but I don't blame ya. Best of luck to ya.

13. ZomBrian

ZomBrian
    from in IN

Also a note on BBQ, I would stray from anywhere advertising "Genuine/Authentic Texas BBQ". Real Texans do not need to be told what is and isn't BBQ. Stick with a name or obscure object in the title i.e.: Joe Allen's, Squares, Harold's, Cooper's, etc.

14. merf

merf
    from new joisey

Don't forget who loves ya pal

15. choppwatchagot

choppwatchagot

well welcome to texas

16. A word of caution, never eat a bagel in public in Texas. Texans understand donuts, they don't understand bagels. Also, never order a pizza expecting what you get to really be a pizza. It might look like a pizza but it won't be one. Good BBQ is easy to find, just ask a local. Don't be afraid to try Tex-Mex food, most people love it. It is hard for me to believe that I managed to live 25 yrs without breakfast tacos or fajitas. Don't expect Texans to know much about New Jersey, most probably only know that it is near New York and that is all that they want to know.

17. NITROFC

NITROFC
    BANNED

Good luck with your move and new home

18. I have not forgot. And I have not forgot what I need to give you. Almost got it together.

19. 2 weeks and counting. Pretty excited. Packed up my entire garage today. Car is ready to load onto the trailer.

Anyone work for a railroad in Texas?

20. Truckedup

Truckedup

As a guy with an Italian last name and being from NJ,I found that many Texans were a bit suspect of me.You know,the gangster accent and all that.But they warmed up fine once we got talking.Most Texans are what I call "arrogant optomists" and I mean that in a good way compared to typical NJ -NYC "fuck you" attitude.
    Forget any food other than Tex-Mex , BBQ and steak.
    Oh,you're married? Man,the ladies down there just loved my NJ accent,and they know how to take care of a respectful guy.....:D

21. whistlebritches

whistlebritches
    from texas

welcome to Texas...McKinney is GREAT....you'll soon understand why when us Texans even hear New Jersey we think of gittin a rope

22. tromollo

tromollo
    from Easton PA

good for u man ! High taxes ! and a police state .I wouldnt miss it either .
    just remember not to confuse your tomaders with tornaders .:D

23. wrenchrocket

wrenchrocket

Damn stright!

24. calvinh

calvinh

You don't need calzones and cannolis when you have good B-B-Q and Lone Star beer!

25. Hard Luck

Hard Luck

Hey man, welcome to Texas when ya get here. You'll like it here. Of course, this is all I've ever known, but I have been to the north before and wouldn't want any part of it on a daily basis !

I live in Allen now, which is just a few minutes south of McKinney. My dad's shop is in Sherman, just about 30 minutes north of McKinney. If you need any help getting moved in, just let me know and I'll do what I can !

If you need anything, my cell phone # is (214)682-5950.

-Aaron

26. Man if my wife saw this......

Oh well I guess Ill just stick with my family is from PA.

This is why I like TX. Open arms. It was nice when I visited and if I walked into a store the person behind the counter would ask me how my day was and what my plans were for the day. In NJ you try and start small talk and you get a big FU!!!(exception to the NJ hamb'rs)

27. Herdez

Herdez

Welcome!
    No boots and hat? Come on! Let him have some fun. At least go out and buy the Urban Cowboy dvd. lol!

28. robleticia

robleticia

Welcome from Angleton, ^^and it's North of the Navasota River!^^:D

29. apound

apound

Welcome, I have a buddy from southern NJ that is trying to figure a way to get down here.
    Get used to being called a Yankee. We get a bad rap for being arrogant about our state, but I gaurantee after being here for awhile you will feel the same as we do. Don't bad mouth Willie Nelson and we won't badmouth Bruce Springsteen.
    Again, welcome.

30. Good thing I listen to Willie Nelson and not Bruce Springsteen