Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Got a 61 ford long roof today

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by LOWLIDX50, May 2, 2010.

1. LOWLIDX50

LOWLIDX50

2. LOWLIDX50

LOWLIDX50

There is a link below the photos to a slide show of 13 images.

3. truckncoupe

truckncoupe

cool, great potential!

4. Great score! A nice set of rims is all you need to make that a cool ride.Find a surf board for the roof....

5. SteppinOut

SteppinOut

Very cool score!! That grille is so perfect and what a clean looking body. Very nice.

6. Alienbaby17

Alienbaby17

Me likey!

I've always been a wagon fan- so utilitarian and practical.

Looks great- I'm sure it will be lot of fun and I bet the price was right.

Jay

7. unibody

unibody

I think you might have an addiction to these big ass Galaxies, we may have to have an intervention.It cleaned up well, it's going to be a cool ride.

8. Orange54

Orange54
    from Missouri

I don't know if it's something you are in to but if it was me I'd flake that roof and put some steelies with wide whites on it. Maybe put in a big block Mopar and roll.

9. LOWLIDX50

LOWLIDX50

I am looking forward to this one ,No choppin unless its the springs other than that just make run and drive .

10. AnimalAin

AnimalAin

Neat old car. There is certainly enough to keep you busy for a while, but huge potential. Please keep us updated.

11. 76ironhead

76ironhead

That is awesome it looks clean good canvas to start with.

12. Chris VCR

Chris VCR

Going to be a great ride. Another Missouri wagon!

13. metalman

metalman

Man, my buddy had a 61 wagon in High School, long time ago, we use to run all over in that thing. Iv'e had a soft spot for 61's every since.

14. gsport

gsport

second car i ever had was a '60 two door wagon that i paid $5.00 for. it had a rod through the side of the block... cool old ford you got there...

15. LOWLIDX50

LOWLIDX50

I got her to fire tonight,filling the fuel bowl with pop can.Hard to tell yet but it does run.More to come. VIDEO BELOW

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/udzQoJGdksM&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/udzQoJGdksM&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

16. travisfromkansas

travisfromkansas

Jealous! Love the big Galaxies, especially the wagons.

17. Von Dago

Von Dago
    from New Jersey

Neat car. Always liked how the door handles were part of the side trim.
    Good luck with it and keep us posted.

18. czuch

czuch
    from vail az

Very nice.
    One of the coolest things about those Galaxies is looking out the side morror and seeing that fin. For the short time mine was running I loved it. Those carbs ahave a little plastic piece thats RARE. Its fragile too. Alsi I found you have to buy a carb to get one.. I was gonna fab one outta aluminium but lost a part of it. Its getting a Cleveland this fall so I havent sweatted it to hard. Real nice driver though.

19. LOWFOMOCO

LOWFOMOCO
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Nice Car!!! Country Squire....Country Sedan....or Ranch Wagon....you can't go wrong. 61 Ford fullsize wagon is my favorite car...I was looking for one when I found my 64 Galaxie. Maybe one day I will have one of my own. Good luck with yours. Subscribed!

20. Dead Pan

Dead Pan

did you get the car out of jefferson city ?

21. low budget

low budget
    from Central Ky

I love it, I want it, I couldnt afford it:(
    but heres some for inspiration!;)

Attached Files:

22. unibody

unibody

That green one has the look, thats what yours should look like .

23. slammed

slammed

The grill look's near perfect! How much lowering will you do?

24. LOWLIDX50

LOWLIDX50

Yes the grill is in great shape and the rest of the trim too.The rear bumper is a little tweaked.I plan to lower it first thing ,how much yet I dont know.first she needs the mechanical stuff workin.Ive been running it a little each night , I spun a new oil filter on it and dumped in some new oil .there was some really thick sludge in the lower cavity between the filter and the block.The oil light goes out right away but still not getting much oil to the rockers.Im thinkin maybe this will loosen the sludge and oil will flow better to the upper end. I also filled the radiator and its been holding water for 24 hours.Other than that just been cleaning and piddling at it.

25. LOWLIDX50

LOWLIDX50

Progress report; We opened the valve cover and found the valve train IS getting oil and have quieted down quite a bit. I didnt run the lash at this time but plan to. She is idleing great and running much better with every bowl of gas,so I ordered a water pump and fuel pump with confidence .

The tree shifter is jacked and front floors need work so I am going go to a floor shifter.Below are the 2 choices I have.I like the round one myself.

[​IMG]

I scored some front spindles loaded with new brake parts right down to the hoses.Thanks to ' Unibody'. I owe ya one.

[​IMG]

Any one know what this is ? Looks like the wires ran to the ignition.Electronic ignition?

[​IMG]

THANKS LOWLIDX50

26. 69supercj

69supercj

WTF!!! Why? And then ruin it!:)

27. Shizzelbamsnapper

Shizzelbamsnapper
    from Ohio

Looks like its gonna be a great cruizer. Can't wait to see more.

28. turdchazer

turdchazer
    Member Emeritus
    from Spokane

Thats a bad ass blower you got in the back, How much HP did that add? :D

29. LOWLIDX50

LOWLIDX50

Progress report

Ive gotten alot done now she is up and running with a few hundred miles behind me. Its been a great deal of work to this point ,front floors,shifter,dual res master cyl,and a little height out of the front[could use 2 inches allthe way around now]among alotof other things. She runs out pretty well but the 388gear keepsme kinda slow.moreto come later.

[​IMG]

30. indyjps

indyjps

Ive run a 50/50 mix of 50 wt and kerosene or naptha thru old engines to de gunk, drain the old oil, fill with the mix, run it 2000 rpm or so until the temp gets up, drain. new oil and filter, amazing what pours out of them after that.
    Not really recommended but its something Ive done to clear one out and get it back on the road for a while