Register now to get rid of these ads!

Billetproof Michigan 2010 - May 15, 2010

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Choptop, Apr 13, 2010.

1. LDNFAST

LDNFAST

I was just posting my opnion Allen I'm not going to fight because fighting on the internets like being in the special olympics. even when you win your still "SPECIAL".

I'm taking the year off cars shows and this kinda stuff is a reason why . I just wanna drive not sit in a feild and see all the cars i saw last year just my personal thing this year. all the best to you guys putting on billetproof.

2. Choptop

Choptop

understood. Not trying to fight... just trying to lighten up the mood a little with a joke. No worries.

3. doozcoop

doozcoop

4. Maybe next year the host club should wear blue vests and Say " Welcome to Billetproof" when you enter. :D Here is a link to some more photos from the show. I'll be back next year.
    http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v653/Mongo59/Detroit Billetproof 2010/?start=all

5. 8-Ball

8-Ball

Drove my 35 pu down from Bay City 100 miles oneway. Had a great time. Liked all the cars as well, the only ones that turned me off are the ones that didnt look SAFE. Lets stop and think when building these Hot Rods to make them SAFE for other people. My granddaughter might just wind up in one. Was looking for FAB-32 but didnt see him or Fuelpump. Great show. 8-BALL

6. Never2low

Never2low

I even had a HAMB shirt on and you didn't introduce yourself?:D

7. Good Luck with your new venue. It seemed a little off to me for some reason. Kirk started Billetproof to turn it's nose up up the other normal show's and it seems to be turning into a "normal show" now. It was about the cars not the location and I cant even believe that grassy knolls and babbling brooks would even be discussed when talking about Billetrproof. I could see if it were a Councour De Elegance and not a Hot Rod show . I also find it hard to believe some that were complaining about a parking lot will travel to watch guys run there car through a muddy track and talk about how great it was. The whole thing lacked any edge, I will use the term homoginized for the show. Thanks to the local guys that worked it for you. I hope there hard work was well rewarded. I

8. LDNFAST

LDNFAST

Uhmmmm! Walmart exclusive?????

Attached Files:

9. LDNFAST

LDNFAST

This has billetproof writen all over it!

Attached Files:

10. afan

afan
    from michigan

you guys are lucky.it almost always rains when that guy with the off topic tri-5 all billet chevy brings it out !he drives it every where and in the rain too.he's a dick, no wait ,thats his name Dick

11. I actually really like that truck, I'm not a big fan of "rat rods" but that truck is different and cool, seen it at many local shows and seems to built well..I'd defiantly drive it!

12. Choptop

Choptop

just as when Billetproof Michigan was in Davisburg... rat rods have not been excluded. Its always been that way. That being said their numbers at any Billetproof show have always been extremely small. This still holds true. They usually show up for one year, then realize that they are out of place at the show and dont come back.

and who's to say that these arent "in progress" cars. Next year they may be completely finished, polished cars, perhaps not.

Its also always been the case that no matter what, someone complains about cars that they think shouldnt have been in the show, or about the very few that do get in that shouldnt have gotten in. I've always vehemently defended the actions of the club members at the gate and offered those that complain a chance to work the gate and see what its like. Shaggy and the Kruizin Nuts did a great job at the gate this year. If ya'll have complaints about the job they did (even those of you that didnt go to the show) I'm sure he'd be willing to discuss it with you.

Last edited: May 16, 2010
  13. Von Rigg Fink

Von Rigg Fink
    from Garage

I had a great time
    nice show, nice location, great people.

14. bbc 1957 gasser

bbc 1957 gasser

ahhhhhhhh he added a nice wing on it this year :eek:barf...

15. Tikibeave

Tikibeave
    from MICHIGAN

That is one of the Kruizin Nuts cars (THE GREEN CAR?).The club that running the show now!!! HA HA

16. Thanks for the pic of my roadster Arron. SOrry we missed you too, we came late.

I had a nice time. Saw alot of old friends. The park is a cool place for a show.

I hope to see everyone again at the next traditional hot rod show in the Detroit area very soon.

And then come fill up the Basement at cobo hall next winter:D

17. jdustu

jdustu
    from Detroit

18. Hey guys! I had a GREAT time at the show! The location was super great, esp for us having the family there. The grass was really nice for the kids to wrestle in and the people were super nice! It was a beautiful ride. I think there is still always a little controversy when things change... and if it wasn't for the June 5th show, I may have missed the rough and tough feeling of the traditional rod show... but I like both shows! See you all in davisburg!

19. Aaron51chevy

Aaron51chevy

Haha yeah, maybe next year Alan should put up razor wire and have broken glass at the entrance that you have to walk/drive across, just to prove your "hardcore" enough for the show:p.....

For all this talk that it's not the location it's the cars, there sure are a lot of people talking about the location!

And if you've never been to Ypsilanti then you don't know what your talking about, it ain't some nice little village, it's got plenty of edge:rolleyes: I know I lived there 5 years.

Geez, michigan sure is full of whiny little girls....I'm just glad there are two shows I can take my car to, without a bunch of muscle cars, let's leave the bullshit to them, we are suppose to be like minded people into the same things enjoy the show and the recap of the show or shut the fuck up, you don't like the show DON"T OPEN THE THREAD!:D

BTW I really liked your stuff, very cool, indeed. I just wish I had money!

20. lowbiz

lowbiz

[​IMG]
    i spy a muscle car

21. Von Rigg Fink

Von Rigg Fink
    from Garage

22. That guy w/ the Camaro rolled in around 3:00. Obviously the guy was just completely clueless. We had a good chuckle. I thought his wife with her little fluffy white dog was classic:rolleyes:. Cool truck by the way.

23. Straight Axle Steve

Straight Axle Steve

Alright here's my two cents on the show. I had a great time. I've been to HCPU, BP, Makin' Junk Run, and numerous other traditional shows as well as way to many fluff type shows. I had fun at all of them. NOT because of the cars. It's because of the PEOPLE. Heck I'd have a good time in the middle of a 100 acre corn field if the right people were there. So stop whinning. YOU are the problem, not the show. Sure a few of the wrong cars got through, but I think that's going to happen when you have new people helping at a new venue. Hopefully that gets better next year. Alan and the crew that helped did a great job.

24. Aaron51chevy

Aaron51chevy

Yeah I couldn't BELIEVE he parked right next to us, musta known I dig camaros:D

It was late and how he got in I have no idea but by then people were already leaving.

25. jdustu

jdustu
    from Detroit

Truck was way cool...

[​IMG]

:D

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 1, 2014
  26. beatnik

beatnik

Amen brother, I hope the whiny bitches argue among themselves and we get one or two more shows a year out of them.

27. Like Steve said it is as much or more about the people as the cars. EVERY show has cars that do not necessarly belong sneek in. nature of the game...

I had a great time and will be back. I am sure I will say the same thing anout S of S in June.

So lets gat back to having fun with cars and the people who bring them out...

Tim

28. dead last 63 f100

dead last 63 f100
    from detroit

I figured it wouldnt hurt to give a little shameless plug too

Attached Files:

29. rotten johnny

rotten johnny
    from Mi

My 2 cents...............to sum it up,Our first bullit show ever, AWESOME.I came with friends and We had a great time,best show in years.
    I have to say that silver buick that was in the winner circle was the sexy-est car Ive ever seen. I wanted to hump your car. She is beautiful. WOW. If someone would of said I would of liked a 56 buick as much as I did,I wouldn't believe it,its not my style,but that car,WOW,whatta babe
    Thank you Alan and crew for your awesome event,totally cool.
    Getting called up and getting a trophy was OVER THE TOP. It should be called the no bullit trophy, like the cars here,it is created with passion and imagination, for the love of the car. That was the coolest trophy anyone could ever receive(A antique gas pump with a pump handle and lites up) as the gasser award. It will be looked and talked about for a long time, Thank you.
    See all you next year.........it was quite grand Johnny Rotten

[​IMG]