Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage 23rd ANNUAL GUNNISON COLORADO CAR SHOW

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Fivewindow Johnnie, Feb 18, 2010.

1. 40StudeDude

40StudeDude

YOU get the truk together yet...??? You driving that to Gunnison...???

R-

2. Roger,

Tom is a Lonely Knight prospect, he better show up in a Rod or Custom sooner or later ! Ahh, he'll probably drive that damn Vette............

By the way, want to organize a survivor custom display this year ? I can make room for 6-8 right by the pond when we lay out the park. Similar to the race car display that Fast Eddie helped put together last year, would be very cool...... Let me know.

Johnnie.

3. Studely

Studely
    from Pueblo, CO

Hello, Johnny! Lindsay and I are getting stoked about going to the Gunnison Car Show again this year! It'll be nice to drive the Stude up there in a different color. Runs better now and all that, you know... Only a little over three months to go! Dude, we can't wait to see the RevTones! What a cool band to have in Gunnison! Some of their tunes are a little reminiscent of Chris Isaak with a much harder edge... We had an excellent stay at the Western Motel last year, and we have a room reserved again for this year's show. It's right on Tomichi near the eastern side of Gunnison, just a hop and a skip from the fairgrounds. Keep in mind that we reserved a room with two queens and no one else has asked us if they can share the space yet. If you hear of anyone who's interested in going splits, we might be able to work something out. Also, AWESOME idea of having a section of Survivor Kustoms! You're the man! Talk to you soon, bro!

4. Studely

Studely
    from Pueblo, CO

...Just realized that it may not have sounded quite right when I wrote "...we reserved a room with two queens..." What I SHOULD have written is, "...we reserved a room with two queen-sized beds..." Lindsay and I aren't that kind of couple... (hee, hee...)

5. M.Edell

M.Edell

Eric from Go Cat Speedshop whos building my Flathead is coming out now! This is gonna Kick Ass.

6. Let there be no doubt that "This is gonna Kick Ass" Marcus. No doubt whatsoever !

**NOTICE** The party invitations are done ! Any HAMB'er who would like to come out to the house after the show, PM me your e-mail and I'll send you an invite.

7. arbs1976

arbs1976

Yeah! Can't wait the Gunnison show kicks ass!!!!!

8. Studely

Studely
    from Pueblo, CO

We had a windy-ass time out at the Abbey car show in Canon City yesterday, but there were definitely MANY sweet rides out there. (It reminded me a little of the eclectic nature of the Gunnison show!) One of my favorites was an awesome patina'd '49 Shoebox! What a cool rod! So whaddya think? Will we see it up in Gunnison this year, 3Deuce40? Can't wait!

9. Things are coming together perfectly for the weekend, if the weather coooperates we are good to go ! Based on the pre-registration so far, looks like it's gonna be a hopping place. Looks like we may be closing an addittional block of or Main St. for the Friday evening cruise-in.

Axle is on board to DJ, the Revtones are more than set to rock. The new Caterer is hired for the gathering here at the house.......

All I have to do now is build the damn PINATA ! !

Johnnie.

10. plumfat40

plumfat40
    from colorado

Cant wait, see ya gys there. What an awesome time last year!!!!

11. Nick,

Glad to hear you guys are coming......show is shaping up to be great. RSVP me a headcount for the caterer.

Johnnie.

12. M.Edell

M.Edell

Man..I want to trailer the Hot Rod there, but I'll be so busy performing, I dont think I would have time to Fuck around...

13. Marcus,

Yeah, let's keep you focused on the task at hand. We need the Revtones ROCKIN' !

If you need a fix, you can drive my Deuce, of course, you're probably gonna have to arm wrestle Axle to see who gets behind the wheel. He considers it, his "Colorado Coupe".

Johnnie.

14. axle

axle
    from Drag City

Marcus, you and i get to finally hang out ! Both of us providing entertainment - 10,000 elevation ! This is gonna be good !

15. mad-cad

mad-cad

Our hotel is booked,we'll be arriving early afternoon on Friday,probably be bringing the 56 caddy,so we can git sum cruisin done!
    C-ya there
    Tim

16. M.Edell

M.Edell

QUOTE=axle;5287737]Marcus, you and i get to finally hang out ! Both of us providing entertainment - 10,000 elevation ! This is gonna be good ![/QUOTE]
    How cool is this?! Axle and I are probably some of the Biggest American Graffiti Nerds on the planet...:D

17. rod1

rod1
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Bump for Johnnie

18. Had a club meeting this week to take everybodys pulse on their assignments. Things are going well. Pre-registrationis about was ahead of where it ususally is at this time.....get those hotel rooms...........

Johnnie.

19. M.Edell

M.Edell

20. axle

axle
    from Drag City

How cool is this?! Axle and I are probably some of the Biggest American Graffiti Nerds on the planet...:D[/QUOTE]

Two A/G nerds reciting lines all weekend. Can't wait

21. M.Edell

M.Edell

Good thing my wife aint comin she'd really go nuts...I think shes had enough American Graffiti and Two Lane Blacktop to last her a lifetime...lol.

22. bonesy

bonesy

I'm not going to be able to drive a hot rod up - but my wife and I are talking about doing a day trip to check it out.

23. Two A/G nerds reciting lines all weekend. Can't wait[/QUOTE]

Getting you Two together may not have been one of my "best" ideas. Don't make me seperate you !

Johnnie.

24. M.Edell

M.Edell

Axle and I will tie you to the car and drag you... lol

25. You big Weenie.....if I had a boyfriend he'd pound you !..............

26. BigFinCad

BigFinCad

Only two months left till the show. Hope to see everyone there.

27. 1931av8

1931av8

Originally Posted by 40StudeDude [​IMG]
    YOU get the truk together yet...??? You driving that to Gunnison...???

R-

Roger,

Tom is a Lonely Knight prospect, he better show up in a Rod or Custom sooner or later ! Ahh, he'll probably drive that damn Vette............

Teach me to not keep an eye on these threads!

Roger:
    Just started wiring the Truk. Welded up the top of the gas tank this weekend and have all the pin hole leaks sealed. First work I have done on it in awhile. Needed to rebuild and sell about $5k in carburetors on eBay to get the funds to keep this project moving. 327 is all freshly machined and all the parts bought. Trying to convince Michelle to assemble it for me! She did the engine in her '68 Camaro several years ago and needs to keep her skills up.

Walker:
    Gonna drive the Camaro just for you. Vette stays home. Seriously, doubt the truck will be roadworthy. But might have something else that we have been holding back that may make the trip instead. Wait and see...

Tom

28. Tom,

As long as it isn't something silly like.....say,........a '50 Chevy Fleetline.

Johnnie

29. 1931av8

1931av8

The only comparison to the Fleetline is the fact that it is a GM product and that it is motivated by an inline engine.

However...that truck o' mine just may be rolling by then. Not done, but rolling under its own motivation.

Chopped the frame horns off for the third time this morning. Welding them back even shorter. Keep eyeing it for proportion and keep going back and fixing work already done. I need to quit the aesthetic adjustments and get to the critical crap for awhile :eek:!

30. 1931av8

1931av8

...and looking at the avatar that I am still using reminds me:

Yes, I fixed the angle of the bed. It now has rake. One of those other aesthetic adjustments :D