Register now to get rid of these ads!

Ok guys, can you help me id this Ford chassis? 1934?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by INLAW MODEL A, May 14, 2010.

1. I found the fire pumper wagon and it appears to be on a 34? Ford chassis. Can anyone id it for me? Is it car or truck? Thanks!

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 14, 2010
  2. titus

titus

35 ford probably, 36 would have wide five bolt pattern, and probably a truck frame because there are no body mount pockets unless theyve been removed

3. slddnmatt

slddnmatt

i would go 35 also. the rear wishbones have the look from what i can see in the one pic.

4. Hackerbilt

Hackerbilt

Spring in front...hydraulic brakes...5 1/2 bolt circle...straight style wishbone...X frame
    spring in front = late chassis
    Straight bones = pre 42
    Hydraulic brakes = 39 up
    5 1/2 bolt circle = 40 up with the X frame and hydraulics

I say 1940-41.

BTW...the frame appears to have been shortened if you look closely at pic 2.

Last edited: May 15, 2010

5. V4

V4

Looks like mech brakes and 32 - 36 front axle.
    I vote 1935.

6. I would say 40-41 truck. It has the narrow 16" x 4" front wheels on it. Alos has an open rear axle.

7. Hackerbilt

Hackerbilt

Hmmm...does have the perch bolt for mech and bearing on top of spindle...but hydraulic brakes?
    Old Hot Rod converted???? :)

8. titus

titus

someone just put later rims on it, the axle in a 40-41 truck is narrow between the perch bolt and kingins,also 35/36 bones are different at the front, they flair out to meet the wider spring. and i belevie 42 and up trucks have an open drive, 40-41 are still torque tube, some one just removed the torque tube.

Yep, stock backing plates with wheels cylinders installed in them.

9. Hackerbilt

Hackerbilt

Ahhhh...thats what started me down the wrong path. I looked at the quick stuff I`d look for if I found one in the woods around here (all stockers) and the converted hydraulics kicked my ass!
    Didn`t even notice the perch pins and thrust bearings until I went back to look after more posts were added!

That would be a great catch if you can reel it in!!! Good luck! ;)

10. Well I got it home this week. I found the vin on the frame and it is a 35 Ford. I am planning on using the banjo in my model a truck and probably the I beam and also the rims. It all looks like it is in good usable condition.