Register now to get rid of these ads!

electric motor

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by badduce, May 13, 2010.

1. badduce

badduce
    from aristes pa

any one know were i can get a replacement motor for my compressor at a good price.it currently is a 5hp 3 phase lookin to replace it with single phase.the frame # is 254 and 1750 rpm 1 1/8 shaft by 3 3/8 .i found one for $450 but lookin for a better price.

2. RichG

RichG

Ask the boys over at the Garage Journal, lots o' experts there to tell you what to do.

3. I got one off craigslist for my compressor for 20 bucks.

4. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

For a good one. go to WWW.Grainger.com they may have a local store.

If you were closer I'd say call Wilde Electric in Hermiston, Oregon. Hell call them anyhow. They rewound a lot of stators for me and sold me a lot of motors fifteen years ago. Good people to deal with. http://wildeelectricmotors.com/home.cfm?CFID=95545599&CFTOKEN=52821100

They also do a great job of rewinding the bigger or hard to get electric motors and really stand behind their work.

single phase motors with that frame size aren't cheap.

Last edited: May 13, 2010

5. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

The listing that Don vee posted might be your best bet for inexpensive even if you have to do a bit of work to make the mount work. That would most likely only be drilling new mount holes.
    It looks like that 7.5 215T has the right shaft size.

Here is a link to one nema chart to compare frame sizes and see what might work.
    http://www.engineersedge.com/nema_frames.htm

6. badduce

badduce
    from aristes pa

that 215 t might work but the shaft is 1 3/8 mine is 1 1/8.i think i found a phase conveter from a fried and the price is right free, i'm gonna check it out.thanks for the replies