Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration The Photoshop thread to end all Photoshop Threads!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Pair O' Dice, Oct 10, 2008.

1. bobj49f2

bobj49f2

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

2. Well let me make sure I've got this all straight. :confused:
    You want Flo. As a Pin-Up girl. WITH tattoos.

OK then. So is this "doing it" for you or not? :rolleyes:

[​IMG]

3. [​IMG]

How about scallops and wide whites maybe a little lower

The 52 needs gold flake and wide whites
    I would like to take 2" or 3 out of the roof

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. speedwise

speedwise

You photo shop guys can do more with a picture in 10 minutes than I could in 10 years. I do have a request though. I would like to see my little '31 hot rod truck with different wheels and tires before I go and lay out some serious bucks. I would like to see it with some Radir 5 spokes and piecrust white wall cheater slicks on back and some ET Gasser spokes up front with some white walls. I would love to see it. If one of you experts could whip that out I would be greatful.

Attached Files:

5. CraigKrage

CraigKrage
    from central IL

I'll take it

6. Hey guys I need some ideas for color, and wheel+tire options. I'm leaning towards flat black with moon discs an whitewalls (but have a red line behind the disc) and some traditional flames. Oh and a 60 grill (like mine)
    What do you think? thanks
    P.S (this isn't my truck, I don't have a good side view of my truck)

Attached Files:

7. Russian

Russian

minor chop, www and right ride height

Attached Files:

8. JGRAFF

JGRAFF

Could i get some photoshop help, please?

I was wondering how the blue on the '36 ford would look on my '30 roadster. (Gloss black frame, black wheels, black valve covers, cream firewall, blue body?) ---- Virses ---- all the same but FLAT black body?

Any other color combos and/or suggestions are definently welcome.

This would be priceless info.

Thanks,
    JGRAFF

Attached Files:

9. Cool thanks

10. bobj49f2

bobj49f2

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

11. OldCarPilot

OldCarPilot
    from Bel Air MD

Man I know I'm asking for a favor, but what is the deal on the HAMB when Flo from a freaking insurance commercial gets 3 different shots, and no one can put scallops on a truck? What am I missing?

12. How about lowering this 41 and adding wide whites with caps........thanks

Attached Files:

13. JGRAFF

JGRAFF

Man, thank you so much!

But i think Flat black just can not be beat! What do you guys think?
    For me i like the blue, but, i dont love it, ya know?

Could you put some flat black on the body for comparison?

Thanks,
    JGRAFF

14. Well, I think you kind of answered your own question right there. Plus, Flo is HOT! Hoochie mama! Yowza!:eek:

Things get a little backlogged in here sometimes. We tend to work on what we want, when we can. Somebody will still likely try to help you out.;)

15. bobj49f2

bobj49f2

[​IMG]

I definitely like the blue better. :D

Attached Files:

16. DanIam

DanIam

Thanks! I really like the look of the blue version!

17. JGRAFF

JGRAFF

Ouch!! That just hurts!!

18. bobj49f2

bobj49f2

Here's a quickie:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

19. Anyone interested in changing the wheel/tire combo (Chrome reverse, salt flats?) maybe some trick paint?? Thanks In advance..........Kelly !!
    <!-- / message --><!-- attachments --><FIELDSET class=fieldset><LEGEND>Attached Thumbnails</LEGEND>[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    </FIELDSET>
    Anyone willing to take a shot at this????????? Thanks Kelly

20. I don't even want to admit how much time I've got in this, but I learned some stuff and it came out better than I'd hoped. With all the different colored panels on the original I couldn't just change the colors that were there so I had to "repaint" it. :eek: As a result it had to have some of the details and highlights put back in after the fact and I decided it was time to learn a bit about how to do this kind of work.

I got to thinking about some posts from several months ago that I think JamesD had made about putting reflections and highlights back in to simulate glossy paint. As it turns out he doesn't really have a magic "Glossy Paint" tool in his version of Photoshop. He just really knows how to use the same tools I've got, and he's got a great eye for this stuff. Thanks JamesD! :D

SadSack_01.jpg

The OP of this pic mentioned trying something with an O.D. green paint job and I liked the idea of going with a "military" look. And to give a little contrast I thought a desert beige might go good with the green. Then when I decided to make it look shiny, that's when the real work, and experimentation, started. I think it might actually be an interesting contrast to do something like this with a gloss green and a flat or satin finish on the tan.

I'll let somebody else play around with the wheels and tires. I've got to work on rounding up a better collection of samples. :D

Last edited: May 13, 2010
  21. skoh73

skoh73

Dang Clay, sharp work! I was wondering if there would be a good way for the folks who do the 'shoppin' to start a thread or something where we could post images we've found of certain wheels, tires, etc, etc. That way, we could spend a heck of a lot less time searching around for the images that fit the bill. We could all contribute images from our "stash".

Just a thought. Any ideas?

22. Thaks skoh! Didn't come out too bad but of course after I was done I figured out lots of ways I could have done it a bit quicker. I need to study my workflow a little closer, I must have had about 17 layers going by the time I got done!

Yeah, it would be nice to have a pool of cropped wheels and tires that we all could choose from. I've got to remember to take some close shots of wheels when I get to some of the upcomimg car shows and start a collection of my own. As far as for sharing, I suppose you could post them to a photo album onsite here, but I don't think it's set up so just anybody can submit to a given album. Which is probably a good thing when you think about it.

I guess one person could open an album here and manage it and make additions to it from wheel pics posted in this thread, but that kind of seems like the long way around the barn. Plus you'd want to make sure that the pics were already a reasonble size so you didn't have to scale them down to save time and space. They wouldn't probably need to any bigger than maybe 200x200 pixels. And you'd probably want a shot from straight on, maybe one from a 45 degree angle or so, and both front and rear wheels if they were bigs and littles.

Anybody who had a big collection of them online could post a link here too, if they didn't mind having their album open for public access. Then you'd just need to bookmark them in your browser.

By the way, did JamesD go on vacation and not tell us? :rolleyes: Not that he doesn't deserve it, but I think that's why things are getting a bit backed up in here! :D

23. bbdiamond

bbdiamond
    from ROY, Utah

can someone please do something with this to make it look kool....
    [​IMG]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

24. atomickustom

atomickustom

I already looks cool! Don't change a thing, except maybe whitewall tires or pain the wheels to match the body.

25. original patina

original patina
    BANNED
    from Texas

Here's a subtle start. Agreed, it wouldn't take much. Aesthetically speaking however, cars look most balanced with a 70/30 paint split. Little drop, shave, and roof matching wheels. Navy would look stately too.

[​IMG]

26. squigy

squigy
    from SO.FLO.

ClayMart: Holy cow man you read my mind!!
    I was thinking Military green with black fenders, but i like the clean look of the desert tan
    Thank you very much, i realize it takes lots of time to do this type of art work.
    Thanks again!!!!!

27. Kramer

Kramer

I'm thinking bobj doesn't care for black. The blue definitely is a huge improvement over the rust.

28. bobj49f2

bobj49f2

Anyone can throw flat black on a car, way too many, IMO. A car always looks better with a nice shiny paint job. Even a half ass Rustoleum color paint job looks better than a flat black paint job. Again, JMHO.

29. JGRAFF

JGRAFF

30. carguy88

carguy88
    from Europe

Something I did just for fun - A ford Ranch "roadster" :D:D

[​IMG]

[​IMG]