Register now to get rid of these ads!

Torn on what to choose for paint

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 1959apache, May 12, 2010.

1. 1959apache

1959apache

I am torn on colors to paint my pickup... I am really focused on green, but have painted a lot of my projects different shades of blue (so I am bias). In turn, I beg for the help of my fellow HAMBers to help me out in this decision process.... I was hoping to do the interior a creme color, parts of it anyways.... tastefully two tone the dash with creme/blue or creme/green, but am open to other ideas.

The vehicle : 1959 Chevy Apache 3100 Shortbed Stepside

Would anyone be able to post some pictures of your darker green, aqua, or blue paint jobs? Any vehicle would work as far as pictures.. I am looking for one of those colors, but if you have a different color combo, lay it on me. I already have done red and black... looking to do something different and unique, but tasteful.

Thanks in advance

2. dutchtreat

dutchtreat

I'll see if I can dig up a photo of my '36 Chevy. it was painted a '69 Corvette dark Blue. Think your truck would look great in that color.
    Dutch

3. 1959apache

1959apache

Great hopefully you can find them!

This color caught my eye

Does anyone know what color that is? (colorblind here, but I would say its an teal)

Attached Files:

4. JohnJoyo

JohnJoyo
    Alliance Vendor
    from Austin, TX

How about 1959 Cadillac Kensington green? A good GM flagship color from '59 like your truck. Just an idea.....
    [​IMG]

5. JohnJoyo

JohnJoyo
    Alliance Vendor
    from Austin, TX

Or.....Ricky Nelson Roadster Green would be great.
    ps. I stole this picture from the Google machine on the interweb. I didn't take it.

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 12, 2010
  6. hotrod40coupe

hotrod40coupe

This is the color I am going to paint my '40 pickup.

[​IMG]

7. JohnJoyo

JohnJoyo
    Alliance Vendor
    from Austin, TX

8. Jimmy Tee

Jimmy Tee

Color is always a Major Dilema in any build. That is where Photoshop comes in Handy.

Get yourself some nice side shots of your car and have a play around......

Dark Blue is nice, but so is a Dusty Green, similar to the one posted by hotrod40coupe above.... I'd go the Green.

9. Theo:HotRodGod

Theo:HotRodGod

I think a nice dark green with cream would look great! Look @ hok I forget the name but one green looks fn great

10. loosenutNH

loosenutNH

Ever think about like a metallic root beer color together with the cream? This is a cool combo just for color reference (Pete Finlan paint job):

[​IMG]
    <input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

11. 1959apache

1959apache

I am digging the green on this or the '59 cadillac green, these are exactly what I am looking for guys, I really appreciate it.

I would consider the rootbeer/creme color, but I am colorblind and it really doesnt suit me or look good to me.

HotRodGod: what color are you talking about? Do you have any pictures?

Last edited: May 13, 2010
  12. JDHolmes

JDHolmes
    from Spring TX

As a blue lover myself, I'm very partial to Nordic Blue from 72 GM products.
    [​IMG]

I also like these pickups in baby blue.

My last 59 was painted deep metallic blue and I love it also. Sorry, no pics of him.

13. 1959apache

1959apache

Very nice, who makes that blue?

Any other pics would be greatly appreciated!

14. tuki

tuki

if you're going sixties u cant beat a shade of kandy green

15. 1959apache

1959apache

I was thinking a darker shade of Kandy Green, but I cant really see that in my budget lol.. that crap is expensive. I just want to stay away people calling it the booger truck lol.

16. StanDaManTX

StanDaManTX
    from The South

17. 57JoeFoMoPar

57JoeFoMoPar

HOK white sealer, HOK planet green and HOK Kandy teal over top. It lightens up in the sun a bit

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

18. Ana Maria

Ana Maria
    from Texas

This green is sweet!

19. Antny

Antny
    BANNED
    from Noo Yawk

^ this is a gorgeous color. Especially with creme accents. I love solid/pastel colors like this on vintage tin. Metallics are too newish, imo. Nice choice!

20. 1959apache

1959apache

I wish the lighting was better for that picture, I cant hardly see the color, but I agree... I am going to have a buddy of mine take a look at these pics and see what he can find in paint cans at work.:D thanks everyone