Register now to get rid of these ads!

Anyone make their own inliner intake

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Bcometfx, May 12, 2010.

1. Bcometfx

Bcometfx
    from NC Indiana

I was looking at the intake manifold for my Chevy 250 inline six and am thinking about making my own dual card setup. I am thinking of milling it down where the original sat on top of the heat riser and weld a plate on to cap it off. Then bore holes in the middle of the runners and making flanges and welding them on. Just wondering if anyone has done this before? Lates see some pics too. Thanks

2. willys33

willys33
    from New Mexico

Back in high school I made a triple set up for my '51 Chevy. I went to the junkyard and got 5 carbs and took the base of two and ground them down. I then drilled many holes in the elbows of the intake where they go into the head. Once I had the holes large enough for the ground-down bases to set in I had them brazed in. Bolted the two extra carbs on and ... three carbs set up. Cost was a dollar. Carbs were 50 cents and brazing was 50 cents. Oh, this was also 1956.

3. HEATHEN

HEATHEN
    from SIDNEY, NY

Someone on this board, I can't recall who, made a three carb intake from a stock 250 manifold. The fact that they're rather wide and flat on top makes it easy.

4. LowFat48

LowFat48

Last edited: May 12, 2010

5. Bcometfx

Bcometfx
    from NC Indiana

Thanks guys. Checked out bubbas setup. Its a little different than I was thinking but its an idea. Anyone else. Also does anyone know if I can turn the Rochester Monojets sideways? This would help big time If no problems will occur.

6. LowFat48

LowFat48