Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Hunnert car heads-up

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 76ironhead, May 8, 2010.

1. Hellfish

Hellfish

He knows the Mystery Machine wasn't a Ford, right?

Thanks to everyone for coming out and braving the weather! We had several brief rain delays, but racing went on all day.

Thanks to Jester (Steve) and Kevin (HotRodChassis) of the Czars for doing the bulk of the organizing for this race & show!

2. Hellfish

Hellfish

The track said that 100 cars registered to race and 87 actually made passes despite the weather... and 1233 paying people showed up to watch... better than any of their (non-national) shows all year! We have a tentative SUMMER date for next year. :D

My Econoline almost made it, but I had a starter problem, so I took the '59... and blew it up on the way to the track. :D

3. Well I saw you there... but I didn't see your fiance' or the twins!!!!:D

Did you find the right starter?

4. Nice looking car. I saw you pull in and it was the first time since I sold mine that I got a little nostalgic.
    I hope you made a pass with it too.

5. Falfasnightmare

Falfasnightmare

Bill,

Loved the "Dudeabaker" very cool....all the right parts on it...as expected.

Eric

6. Hellfish

Hellfish

My "fiance" is masquerading as my wife now. :D She and the twins were there for a few hours, but they melted down at nap time... the twins, not my wife.

I'm going to try to figure out the van's starter issues tonight.

7. Finn Jensen

Finn Jensen
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

This was great. The last time that I made a pass at the strip was 1972, so this brought back a lot of memories. The car got quicker through the time trials as I learned how to drive again, played with tire pressure, timing etc. Best was 13.0/110. But then it slowed down as the clutch started giving up. I'll fix that and be back again next year.

After getting home, I realized that I failed to say thank you to the Czars for conducting such a well run event, especially under such difficult weather conditions. I met a lot of really nice people, and really enjoyed the day. Thank you very much.

8. Finn Jensen

Finn Jensen
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

This was great. The last time that I made a pass at the strip was 1972, so this brought back a lot of memories. The car got quicker through the time trials as I learned how to drive again, played with tire pressure, timing etc. Best was 13.0/110. But then it slowed down as the clutch started giving up. I'll fix that and be back again next year.

After getting home, I realized that I failed to say thank you to the Czars for conducting such a well run event, especially under such difficult weather conditions. I met a lot of really nice people, and really enjoyed the day. Thank you very much.

9. 50John

50John
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Sorry kinda late but here are some more pictures. Another thanks to the Czars for putting on the event. Great time in spite of the weather.

Attached Files:

10. yellow wagon

yellow wagon
    from WI

anybody got more photos of the Tazmanian!? Cool Imp!

11. Django

Django
    from Chicago

Thanks everyone who braved the crappy weather! We kinda expect it at the Pileup... but May? I am almost positive it had to be a record low for May 8! The track was impressed at the number of folks who came out in spite of the weather. That is not something they have experienced before! Hopefully next year will be better!! Also thanks to truckdude and dragdoc for organizing the pit cookout! It was scrumpdilicious.

I'll try to post my pics tonight.

12. FrozenMerc

FrozenMerc

Well Done Guys. It was well worth the 12 hr drive from Northern Minny to come see the show.

13. Ohlly

Ohlly

a few more

Attached Files:

14. Dan57

Dan57

I'm real happy I went to this. It was great to see all those cool cars in line to get their time slips.
    My dad used to go to Great Lakes Dragaway in the 60's and said the place hasn't changed a bit.
    Definitely going next year. Hopefully running down the track this time!

15. Hellfish

Hellfish

I think we wore out the poor kid in the booth!

16. mjb3707

mjb3707
    from chicago

those are some nice pics of my 56 thanks i would have loved to race the willys but i snapped a ladder bar joint on the pass before not bad after 45 years of racing

17. mundo

mundo
    from chitown

i had a blast... won the hot rod class... capped up my headers..put on my air cleaners...loaded up drunk buddy in passenger seat... put on our winter hats and headed home.. my best e.t. [email protected] thanks chrome czars c ya next year

18. I won the altered class and I would like to thank Tony from Ross Racing Engines for the prize money. Very cool and much appreciated!

19. Hellfish

Hellfish

We had nothing to do with that. That was all Ross Racing. We set the show up to have no prizes or trophies, in fact, we didn't even know about that until you mentioned it.