Register now to get rid of these ads!

Motion Pictures Cars in old movies!!!!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Bad Bob, May 10, 2010.

1. The funny thing about that is,he can barely see over the dash! haha! He pulls up to Lauren Becalls house and he opens the door and looks like a 10yr old kid....

2. coolstuff

coolstuff
    from Bettendorf

how about Drag Strip Dobie?

From Dobie Gillis......
    and how about
    Straightaway?

Anyone ever seen episodes of that?
    I have yet to see any.

3. rodger6494

rodger6494

I guess I'm lazy. I usually watch the movies that feature cars,instead of looking for them in old movies.I watched that movie "thunder road". That was a good movie. There was another one about as old,which Hollywood got the idea for "the dukes of hazard".Darned if I can't remember the name of it,but they had a General Lee,and an Uncle Jesse,and they were moonshiners that raced on the weekends at the track. Does anybody remember the name of the movie?

4. Labold

Labold

I like old movies anyway but I'm guilty of always pointing out cars to my wife.
    It's a mad, mad, mad world has some pretty cool random rides.

5. Labold

Labold

And some of the best quotes too.

6. Johnny Gee

Johnny Gee
    from Downey, Ca

Sure I do the same. Come to think of it, skin flick are the same what is the story line? :rolleyes:

7. "He's boneified! He's a suitor" HAHAHA!
    "We thought you was a tooooaaaaad!"

8. Silverado85

Silverado85

Check out this website http://www.filmsite.org/momentsindx.html Its a movie database. Try to find the year car you like and watch the movies for that year. Usually the movies have the current year or so cars in them in the street scenes. Some old movies have old commercial or ranch trucks too. Rebel with out a cause 1955 has some nice old mercs.

9. hombres ruin

hombres ruin

I am guilty of that also,i though i was the only one.The day the earth stood still was cool the guy was in his 51 shoebox convert.The 3 stooges are good for old cars and so is andy hardy movies with mickey rooney.I love the thirties gangster films for the dialogue and the rides.

10. I thought Don Sullivan's singing was the killer :eek: and the fact that the old guy's Model-B kept getting referred-to as a Model A. After seeing the tyre swap from the Pontiac to the roadster, one would be excused for forgetting that whitewalls were sought after back then as much as billet wheels are to some street rodders today. :rolleyes:

11. shelby1

shelby1
    from Lillian,Al

The movie was "Moon Runners".......................Also the TV series "Route 66" had lots of rods in the series..........
    Kenny

12. friggin"A"

friggin"A"

I always thought that too but never really checked. Is it The Big Sleep where he's got the little trap door under the dash that holds his .38?

13. friggin"A"

friggin"A"

Yupp! had to look it up on IMCDb... 1938 Plymouth

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

14. W.C. Fields movies !! get the old car fix and laugh your ass off at the same time !!! >>>>.

15. Yep!

16. dutched32

dutched32

My wife hates watching movies for that exact reason," thats my husband full of useless knowledge"

17. my dad had a 38 Plymouth p/u back in the 60's. The front end was beat real bad on it so he found one of those coupes in a boneyard for the fenders and hood. Wish I had kept that one.

18. The "Blob" has a couple of nice cars....Bob, I have a copy if you want to borrow it....

19. Saw a Keifer Sutherland movie once where he drove a lowered 49/50/51 mercury, but can't for the life of me think of the name of it.

20. Labold

Labold

We're in a real tight spot here.

21. hudson48

hudson48

Me too.It is part of the whole old car afflication.No cure!!!

22. ZomBrian

ZomBrian
    from in IN

I was certain everybody did that. The DVR is 80% full of car related movies and shows.

From "The Bachelor & The Bobby Soxer"

Attached Files:

23. ZomBrian

ZomBrian
    from in IN

First pic is from "College Confidential" and is Norm Grabowski in a Bucket full of chicks! Second is from "Palm Springs Weekend".

Attached Files:

24. ZomBrian

ZomBrian
    from in IN

These are from "High School Confidential". A VERY good movie.

Attached Files:

25. johnny bondo

johnny bondo
    from illinois

the one where sutherland drives the conv shoebox is stand by me.

the movie dragstrip girl has a real cool olds conv i think in it. the guy is always peelin out and flooring it.

actually every car in that movie is cool.

26. firingorder1

firingorder1

My favorite is "The Choppers" from 1961. Its the usual hokey 60s juvenile delinquent movie BUT Tommy Ivo's T stars. That alone makes it worth watching.

27. Tall Paul is talking about another movie,not Stand by Me. My buddys used to tell me about the Mercury. I still haven't seen it.

28. jim galli

jim galli

My wife thinks I'm weird because I sit and watch "The Real McCoys" on YouTube. Grandpappy Amos had a '31 Phaeton that they all came out to Califonee in from Virginny. It's a 1957 - 61 series so even the modern cars are classic now. The neighbors are always pulling up in a Ford Country Sedan or some such. It's about my speed anyways.

When I was a kid in the 1960's in Sylmar Ca. Mr. Wilson who lived next door had Cosmo Topper's '37 Buick based wing tail custom in his garage. He worked for MobilOil and was care taker for the car, or they owed him money and gave it to him. We didn't care less. Clueless youth having something that neat next door and not realizing how special it was.

29. Elvis movies! Not only does Elvis always get the girl, he drives the cool car, wins the fight, says the cool stuff, lives hapily ever after, blah blah... Usually early sixties and lots of good cars in the background, in color too.

30. busby6662000

busby6662000

In the movie the Gardian there is a couple of rods in the back ground when they are at the bar