Register now to get rid of these ads!

Customs Spots? Why?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 4 pedals, Apr 16, 2010.

1. Because spotlights are cool!!!End of subject.

2. 57JoeFoMoPar

57JoeFoMoPar

Gotta love all the guys who weren't even born in the '50s, let alone old enough to drive then, chiming in on what was acceptable and not acceptable build practice in the era.

I'm 25, so when I take a page from the book of Barris, Winfield, Alexander Bros, etc, I think if they were doing it, it's A-OK in my book.

The comparison of dummy spots to a dummy blower is asinine. Get a clue.

3. nico32

nico32
    from fdl, wi

Isn't it STILL tech week?

4. Special Ed

Special Ed

Came stock on my Jet. Seems OK to me...
    [​IMG]

5. HMMMM, I been wondering the same thing. Discuss:p

6. I think that statement alone could tear a hole in the fabric of time, wasn't everything "stock" on a Muntz, "custom" to everything else?:D

7. adamshumard

adamshumard

I have 47 plymouth that has one(functional) It was pulled out of a barn here in Kansas. It's all stock(not custom) I'm sure the spot was added. To my understanding out in rural kansas There wasn't electricity on some farms even into the 50's. They were a necessity for gettin up to your house at night and say, carry in groceries, or whatever a porch light would do now. That was one answer my grandfather told me. The other was that some of the patrol cars had hopped up drivetrains and when the cars were retired hot rodders would buy them and they already had spots on them so they stayed. People started emmulating that on their cars to look like old patrol cars and SEEM like hot rods. This is what I was told, how accurate his memory is from years ago I don't know but he's in his late 70s so he was around.

8. This whole thread is retarded i just wasted like a whole 2 mins reading it now 30 secs replying to it .. Why the f*%k would you ask such a retarded question when you could have just looked it up , god damn!!

9. greeno

greeno
    from Fresno,Ca.

A lot of the time if a guy didn't dim his lites he would get hit with the spot lite. In 1944 my brother had a 36 coupe with 2 appletons, he and his buddies used the red cellophane that they used to wrap tire boots in and put them on the lites and started pulling over cars on the 99. About midnite they got caught by the Highway Patrol. The patrol came to our house and woke up my dad who knew the cops. Man did my brother catch hell.
    Gary