Register now to get rid of these ads!

Quit the car club

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by carcrazyjohn, May 9, 2010.

1. I'm in a small club,maybe a dozen members. Laid back....don't think all of us have been in the same place ever! haha! Only about a hand full get together occasionally. But,I enjoy being a MoFo. NO drama,NO bullshit,just a bunch of goof-offs,LOL....

2. choptvan

choptvan

Being the prez of a club, it seems shitty to post that you quit one. One the hamb of all places. Does it really matter all that much? Was it that bad of an experience?

3. carcrazyjohn

carcrazyjohn
    from trevose pa

No it wasn't that bad ,Im still friends with all of them ,The reason I posted ,I felt bad .....The 2 clubs that I was born into are The Philadelphia Modifiers and The Modtiques ....Friends with both clubs ....My dad was a Modifier and He and a good friend started the Modtiques in the 70's ,,Its just not the same clubs anymore ....But we are still friends ,,,,,,

4. choptvan

choptvan

Why quit then? THe club is still ther no matter what right?

5. "I'd never join a club that would have me as a member"
    W.C. Fields

6. carcrazyjohn

carcrazyjohn
    from trevose pa

Dues and Time ......

7. rusted_nut

rusted_nut
    from Arkansas

Are we now monitoring content on the HAMB? If I don't like a post then I don't read it. There's no need to berate him over it. I realize there's good clubs out there, but I don't think you realize there are some that aren't.

8. Bossy

Bossy

I quit a club and now I belong to what we call the jacket club, no meetings, no dues, no shows to put on, just about 75 guys that we see each other at different show through the season and we hang out and drink some bears on Friday nights in the winter at different members garages and help each other build cars.

9. jjsound

jjsound

HA! Club soda not seals.... read that some where...:p

10. Loe

Loe
    from CDA, ID

It sounds like to me that most of the lonewolfers out there dont know what a real club is like.
    To me its a group of friends that will do anything, anytime to help each other out. Been in a club or two. Last one was 5 of us being retards, working on cars and getting drunk. We were friends and had each others backs, we decided to print some shirts, and roll to shows together. We've all moved away and now i guess you could consider me a lone wolf, but id do it all over again with the right group of assjacks.

11. There is a "non car club car club" here in the Kingman area. The Car Nutz. Cool bunch, lots of friends, even have gatherings. Other then that, they arent a club.

12. OHEKK

OHEKK

When asked if he wanted to join the Corvette Club, my buddy responded:

"Clubs are for people who don't have any friends!" :eek:

13. PegLegStrick

PegLegStrick

14. Kerry67

Kerry67

We had a pretty cool small club started when some drama started (unavoidable) and a couple members quit. We were in limbo for awhile but it looks like it is over unless something unforseen happens. Another guy that was involved still really wants to do a club and I am not against it just it takes more than 2 of us to be a club. I would not mind joining an existing club if we were on the same page. Then I think it would be great.

15. olcurmdgeon

olcurmdgeon

I have belonged to clubs for many years. MSRA in Minnesota in the 70s and when I moved to New Hampshire in '81 I became charter member of Kustom Kings. We were active, did the nostalgia drags at NED for three years, lot of car shows, etc. Then I retired, moved up north and stopped going to meetings. Went back to a club meeting this month, lots of guys have passed on, but still some of the old bunch and some new guys too. But the big change was the fact that everyone was talking about depressing stuff. Did you know so and so's wife died? Hey his wife is in remission. I have to have this opertion and so forth. Hell nobody was talking about cars. I was really struck by the fact that old age had taken its tool on everything including the car club. Life is a real funny old bitch, isn't it.

16. jokerjason

jokerjason

I prefer to answer to myself and go to what shows when I want too and drink whatever and whenever I want, Club international is my favorite....great centerfolds.!!! JOKER JASON.

17. I don't think I'd a told that bruther. :eek:

18. Couldn't say it any better..........

19. dabirdguy

dabirdguy
    Member Emeritus

I quit a club I founded....
    Too many assholes with their own agenda.
    The core group was great....for a while.
    Agendas, politics, and the me me me shit took all the fun away.

20. Some of us play well with others. Some don't.

21. Not in a club myself, but I do belong to the MSRA, Minnesota Street Rod Association. They have a newsletter that KICKS ASS, worth the $20 per year alone. It's got want ads and a show schedule, car-specific yellow pages, lots of good stuff. It's got all the silly "Car of the Year" and board of directors crap if you're into that...it's a good thing for car nuts, and has members from as far out as Oregon and Canada, too! There's around 20,000 members from all over.

I like it, but it's not like a club.

22. alex1954chevy

alex1954chevy

im outta mine, it seems like we cant do anything that isnt 5 miles away. they are more of a socal club than a car club, it even seems like the president was afraid to drive his car. oh well.

23. SinisterCustom

SinisterCustom

Screw you.........

:D

24. Clubs are great if you have a good core group that will work together for the common good of all. Once you get away from that I would rather just walk away and stay friends. I respect where others may be coming from - it's just not for me.

25. Dead Pan

Dead Pan

well I am part of the largest club in the nation, we have meetings every saturday morning in a big a/c warehouse, we sample free food and buy paper towels in bulk and dont have any issues cept the yearly dues but SAM runs one helluva CLUB

26. Dead Pan

Dead Pan

I happened to be passing thru the O.C. one night a number of years ago and stopped for the night and was bar hopping that night and stopped in one place where the MoFos were hanging out, I kept to myself but hearing and seeing them having a great time they seemed like a really good group of peeps

27. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

hahaha.

28. KoolKat-57

KoolKat-57
    from Dublin, OH

Wouldn't belong to any club that would have ME as a member!
    Don't need a club to have good friends.

29. Nads

Nads
    from Hypocrisy

I am a member of Hair Club For Bears, it's rad.

30. denis4x4

denis4x4
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Colorado

What's the point in wasting band width on a stupid subject? Groucho Marx had it right when he was asked to join the Riviera Country Club and said, "I wouldn't want to join a club that would accept me as a member" or words to that effect.