Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Paradise drag strip, spring show & go 2010, nostalgia drag meet, car show, swap meet

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by bbhotrod34, Apr 14, 2010.

1. RUSTALOT

RUSTALOT
    from GA.

Didnt get to stay long but saw some great racing and lots of very nice cars.

Last edited: May 9, 2010
  2. Chainshot

Chainshot

Sold $100 of junk...eh...quality items in the swap meet. BB kept calling door prize numbers all around my number...but never mine. But had a blast as always ! A few pics. Have a little video...need to get it up up on ytube. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

3. Thanks BB for another great show ,man that place was packed,picked up a 30-31 model A dash rail for $25 in great shape :D

4. Eleanor06

Eleanor06
    from Georgia

Hey BB !
    Just like to say again, awesome show and a huge turnout !
    It was cool to see Bunky Bobo out again too.

Here's the link to my gallery of the event... 400+ pics haha
    www.colephotography.zenfolio.com

Oh, caught the shot of you runnin the "Rockin' Horse" ..good run !

Chainshot- killer pics , I'm diggin the smooth B&W

5. Chainshot

Chainshot

Thanks, Bird. Just playing around with them. I'm nowhere close to your league.

6. Chainshot

Chainshot

Did anyone talk with the owner of the early 50's Chevy on the trailer in the swap meet area ? It looked all original with sweet patina and priced at $3000. I was afraid too...if I had started talking, I know it would have followed me home.

7. Eleanor06

Eleanor06
    from Georgia

Your welcome.
    & Nah, I wouldn't say that, I just snap pics and cross my fingers haha.

8. Eleanor06

Eleanor06
    from Georgia

Oh...
    I'm lookin' for a rat rod or a sick kustom for a photoshoot at the strip sometime soon. This will be at no charge, and I'll give you web versions too.

I'm wanting to get a few shots and convert them into my "Old Skool Effect" , my favorite edit haha.

Just shoot me an E-mail at [email protected] give me some details on your ride and I'll reply asap.

Jason Cole aka BIRD

9. Falconred

Falconred

Had a good time, sold a few parts and talked to a bunch of folks. I didn't get to tour the pits or show cars due to having to stay with the parts but it sure looked like everyone enjoyed the show. Thanks to all who had a part in putting it on and I am looking forward to the next time.

Any more swap meets around the area coming up soon? We are trying to help a friends widow sell a few things.

10. i believe there is one in Cartersville the weekend of May 21-22 at Red Top Auto Auction, this is south of Cartersville on Hwy 41, maybe someone has some more info on this...ill see what i can find out..

11. Chainshot

Chainshot

Post them in the classifieds here ? Also the Cleveland, TN. cruise night (every 4th. Sat) downtown Cleveland, TN. has a swap meet area.

12. bbhotrod34

bbhotrod34
    from dalton, ga

i would like to thank all you hambers who came out to the spring show & go this year, i don't think we could get one more car in, and i know we could not get a truck and race car trailer or swap meet vendor in. my phone has been ringing like crazy of people who can't wait to do it again. i even got to take time out to run my ol willys for a pass. thanks to all the paradise crew for working with us to put on the most fun car show in the south. bb

13. HenryJGuy

HenryJGuy
    from Dayton, TN