Register now to get rid of these ads!

Quit the car club

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by carcrazyjohn, May 9, 2010.

1. Wow. Several posts, bitching about people bitching. In my club, one has to be ASKED to join. Keeps out the riff raff. There have been Vipers, slinking around the drag races, for many, many years. We hope for many more.

2. ericl1951

ericl1951

Clubs have their place. With out them most of the shows that you all enjoy would not happen. Politics and egos will destroy the club. I think most clubs start for a great reason but then the focus slowly shifts. Too many grown men fighting about T-shirts and by-laws.. My club just chaptered off. We are now only 8 guys - all friends and family with the focus being on our cars. T-shirts are cool but the cars come first. Our goal is to help each other build our cars and to keep putting on local shows (less orcabillys - more cars). For us putting on a great show and meeting new people are what it's all about. Now that's just my opinion.

3. 2NDCHANCE

2NDCHANCE

I belong to a good club, "Road Burners, Omaha Ne." Great group of guys, and it shows. Not perfect but nice guys. Right before I joined, there was a big club split.... I still think we all could be together, but I get along fine with all of them anyway. When I was thinking about joining a car club, my wife reminded me to just have jun and not to get involved in the club politics....good advise. But I still have to agree with alot of the opinions that have been posted. Gary

4. freak dude

freak dude

Clubs seem like a great way to hate new people.

5. 36couper

36couper
    from ontario

I belong to one of the oldest clubs in Canada (54 yrs). Members come and go over the years. That's a fact of life.
    We still have 3 of the original members who formed the club back in 1956. Every guy has their place in the club. For the most part, all are great guys who are willing to pitch in when you get in a jam. I can't see myself ever quitting.

6. Retro Jim

Retro Jim

I am also a Lone Wolf ! I find more friend that way !

Retro Jim

7. mxrcr222

mxrcr222

I'm in a club now, its been around since the early 80s. Its was pretty much dead with two of the original members and myself stuck with it and kept it going, putting on a 3-day show by ourselves. However in the past couple of years we've gained a lot of members who are all friends, they have an attitude towards me since I ride MX, work weekends etc... basically im not at their beckoned call, and dont want to waste my time with them getting no work done and drinking. Don't get me wrong clubs are cool, but overall the drama of them sucks. im looking forward to rolling with friends, just simpler that way.

8. WB69

WB69
    from Kansas

No clubs anymore. Got tired of just a few in the clubs doing all the work for all the others that do nothing but want everything. Lots of big ideas but never show up when the time comes to help and then complain if it didn't go their way.

9. Brahm

Brahm

Never been in a club, back when I lived in Socal, it was just a good group of friends from high school, and a few guys we meet street racing. We would just race and work on each others cars..basically just friends with a common interest. Now I live in Mammoth... I'd be happy if I can find 1 other person that likes to wrench on cars..let alone a whole club.

Last edited: May 10, 2010
  10. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

I quit the Flying Labia's due to drama and politics. Given I was the only member but still......

....I'm i the IRON LORDS cc now and it's pretty natural. I mean if I wasn't in the club I would be hanging with these dude anyways. The club gives us structure and allows us to form like Voltron to do bigger things like parties and car shows etc. Plus you get a really cool Plaque which we all know makes you 100x cooler.....and I could use all the cool point I can get. Viva La Geek A Billy!

11. The Hop Walla

The Hop Walla
    from Dallas

I don't need a club. I have friends.

dka

12. croxxedmember

croxxedmember

just fine on my own. besides they would probably use me as the sweeping bitch anyway.

13. Antny

Antny
    BANNED
    from Noo Yawk

No club for me, ever. I hate people, they hate me. Works for me! :D

14. Nope never quit, but I have gone solo before. :eek:

That said I am not currently a member of a "car club" I was once a mamber of a club in the NW but that was a lifetime ago. I didn't quit and i don't think I ever got kicked out so if the club is still there I'm probably still a member.

I'm not much of a joiner. I belong to an MC that is a life long commitment. I am now considered to be officially inactive. Amd as said I once belonged to the aformentioned car club. But I didn't try to join either it just happened.

I still prefer to go it alone. I would like to have a friend or two along the way, maybe that'll happen if it doesn't then I guess I won't.

15. vintage44

vintage44
    from NY
    1. New York H.A.M.B.ers

Was a member of a vintage circle track racing club for several years. Same old story of most clubs - lost focus, changed directions, yada, yada, yada. No more for me. 1939Streetrod - our 'clubs' have to get together this summer sometime!
    Woody

16. DNCII@mac.com

[email protected]
    from H.B., CA

l.o.l.

17. ZZ-IRON

ZZ-IRON
    from Minnesota

guess your right

18. i guess it depends on the type of car club. lone wolf sounds good though...no one to answer to or be responsible for. :cool:

19. pushrod_jimbo

pushrod_jimbo

Anyone want to join my wolf pack? All we do is search for stripers and cocaine in the desert.

20. In the early '80s I became a member of a car club that was most enjoyable. We started the first annual "Moonshine Rod Run" in 1984 (I think) and it is still going strong. I served a couple of back to back terms as president and some of us worked really hard to make the rod run and our other endeavors successful. Two reasons for dropping out of the club - burn out and moving to another town. I'm content to be a Lone Wolf and go to the shows and cruise-ins that I want to attend!

There's a new club here in Marshall, Texas that is doing a good job with their monthly cruise night. When the club was formed I was asked to join and be a charter member, but I declined. I told them that I would attend and support their events, but I just didn't want to be a member again.

Buckshot40

21. Kramer

Kramer

I gotta learn not to have any liquid or food in my mouth when I'm reading the H.A.M.B.

22. rusted_nut

rusted_nut
    from Arkansas

I'm still in my M/C club, but I did quit the car one. My joining it in the first place was based on the erroneous belief that it was about cars; I soon found out otherwise.

23. 19swinger70

19swinger70

I hate people too much to be in a car club.

24. brokenpress

brokenpress
    from Chicago

-all hilarious.

yeah clubs, uhg. but it seems if its friends, due-less, light and about helping each other out on rides and loving it all.. then cool. but when its another job or just another annoying commitment, forget it.

25. G V Gordon

G V Gordon
    from Enid OK

There was a club in town called the Twisters, never joined but got invited to all the functions.

I run a Vagabond plate now, When Fiddy asked me at 1 a.m. at the Drags a few years back if i wanted to be a Vagabond I asked "What do I have to do?" He said "not a damned thing" I said I'm in. LOL

The lovely wife and I have really enjoyed helping feed the masses Friday night at the drags though. It's kind of our annual project as a club.

When the other member in Oklahoma and I end up running into each other we declare it a meeting.

26. citcapp

citcapp
    from Bothell WA

I belong to a club because without orginized numbers the state I live in would pass laws against our hobby. So thanks to the guys in clubs who work to insure we still have a car hobby.

27. breeder

breeder
    Member Emeritus

i have to poop........WOW.....i said that and lighting almost hit the house........ot...but this weather can suck my nuts!

28. cowboy1

cowboy1
    from Austin TX

That's how I feel!:cool:

29. PORKCHOP76

PORKCHOP76
    from iowa

left a club, because we never really did anything together,still friends with some of them. ... but i was adopted into another club/family and its been great...

30. KSLeadslinger

KSLeadslinger

Lone wolf here, only joined one club in my life and none of the members ever said one word to me...that was the first and last club I joned...