Register now to get rid of these ads!

Need Help Identifying an Engine

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Dane Matsubara, May 9, 2010.

1. I recently received a Chevy small block, and am trying to figure out more information about it, as in: year of production, cubic inch, application, and number of main caps. The number on the rear, driver's side of the block is: 4010207. On the sides of the block: CFD 207. Mortech says that it is an 80s 350, but doesn't say how many mains or what the application was. Thanks.

Dane

2. crackerass54

crackerass54
    from dallas

on the passenger side of the block, right in front of the head, there will be a flat surface run the numbers from there it will give you more info.

3. I see where you are talking about, but its blank. Also noticed that the exhaust ports are square.

4. crackerass54

crackerass54
    from dallas

BLANK? Uh, now I'm lost. Is it cleaned off? let me do some searching.

5. By that casting number I'd say you can't see a "1" in front of it. Casting number 14010207 is a 80-85 350 Chevy light duty truck or passenger car,Malibu or Camaro.

6. masweet1

masweet1

I have found the same block I think. The casting number says, "4010207." There is no "1" in front nor does it look ground off. There are other numbers on the block the front of the motor has a "g22" cast into it, the top rear has "71 cfd" it also has "H36 201" and "207" cast into it. I have had no luck finding what this is and it also has four bolt mains.