Register now to get rid of these ads!

Who has better quality products?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Hooligan36, May 8, 2010.

1. Hooligan36

Hooligan36

I'm looking to get a 28 Model A Pickup roadster cab back panel. I have found that Howell sells is for $185.00, and Macs is $209.00. For those who have done business with either of these vendors... is there a preference between the two as far as quality goes?

2. gasserjohn

gasserjohn

look at' sheet metal direct here in socal '
    they make the parts that every one sells nation wide
    have three factorys ...one does only custom work ...they do it for the big time racers.......aluminum interiors ect

3. Hooligan36

Hooligan36

I will look in to them .... I appreciate it

4. Hotrod7

Hotrod7

5. Hooligan36

Hooligan36

Yeah I checked the site... unfortunately they don't sell the piece I'm looking for

6. Model A Speedster

Model A Speedster

Most likely it's all coming off the same press. It would all boil down to the vendor's markup. I would trust either vendor.

7. i see Snyder's has it for $225 also. neither Snyder's or Mac's make those parts , so i assume they may be getting them from Howell's...or maybe even Brookville? give Snyder's a call and ask them about it and the quality, they will be honest

http://www.snydersantiqueauto.com/2959

8. falconsprint63

falconsprint63
    from Mayberry

do a search for howell's on the board. there was a long post about them and recent customer service issues (since new ownership/management) took over. that might influence your decision.

9. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Direct doesn't show any back panels for Model A's either pickups or sedans. Nice hot rod floorboards though.

10. crashbox

crashbox

Check Bratten's in Maryland. I have bought parts from them and they sell quality parts. If you don't like what they send you, Bratten wants to know why and he'll stop selling something if the item is junk. I have bought a couple of things from Mac, and have no complaints, but I like Brattens Model A parts better.

11. flatford39

flatford39

Howell's is fine but the wait for the part can be very long. Buy from them thru their ebay store and they seem to get it out in about 5 days.

12. ems customer service

ems customer service

mac's will have the best available

13. Hooligan36

Hooligan36

I appreciate everyone's help. I had allready done a search about Howell's thus the reason for this post. I know everyone has mixed feelings about vendors so I appreciate everyone's honesty