Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Hunnert car heads-up

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 76ironhead, May 8, 2010.

1. 76ironhead

76ironhead

Rain rain go away had a good at the drags even though it rained pretty good turn out considering the weather flag starting is the way to race and the flag man looked pretty good starting the mini bike races thanks once again to the chrome czars for putting on another good show now if they could learn how to control the weather im sure the wheels are already turning on that.

Attached Files:

2. 76ironhead

76ironhead

Here are some of the drag cars

Attached Files:

3. Ohlly

Ohlly

cold & rain, every time it looked like it was goin to clear up, more rain. still had a great time, Ill post a few pics when I get them loaded, I have a good wheels up pic of the green 56. Ill try to get them up tomorrow.

4. povertyflats

povertyflats
    from Missouri

way cool, I see my pal bobwops 2 cars and also my pal Jim Koch's Henry J. Love all those cars.

5. bobwop

bobwop
    from Arley, AL

good times. damn cold, though. Track condition was scarey and only allowed me one pass with the Willys. Old Chevy was right on as always.

most of the "fast" cars went back home without making a pass out of safety concern.

nice to run into old friends like Eric, Pete, Tom and Paul and make new friends like Tony.

6. mobile chicane

mobile chicane

some of my crappy pics

Attached Files:

7. mobile chicane

mobile chicane

a few more

Attached Files:

8. mobile chicane

mobile chicane

a couple more

Attached Files:

9. mobile chicane

mobile chicane

i am done

Attached Files:

10. noclubjoe

noclubjoe

the weather was shitty but i had a great time, i ran my coupe thru tech right at the end and made 2 passes... went 16.31 @ 78mph... kind of a mutt my non hambfriendly car goes 11's, but it was still a blast....

11. indyjps

indyjps

I missed out, Im out of the country right now. I live in Oswego by the way - are there any west Chicago groups or events coming up this summer?

12. First off, I want to thank the kevin, and the rest of the czars for making this event happen. In spite of the foul weather, we(dad and I) had a good time. I managed to lay down some 13.0 passes with the valiant. The bad part is thats more than half a second of its usual pace. I just couldnt get down the track without problems(mechanical, not track issues).
    It is kind of funny how last year it was like 100 dagrees, and I couldnt stop bitching about the heat. I guess this is a case of be careful what you wish for.

13. MODELA30

MODELA30

Wanted to go real bad but i knew the weather was going to blow. Living 2 and a 1/2 hours away i just did not want to chance it. So i worked on my coupe. Knuck from indiana.

14. I really think this show will be more popular in the very near future!

15. 76ironhead

76ironhead

You are right on with that it takes a cuple of shows to relly get things going the drag strip did a good job keeping things moving hope people see the pics and they make it a must do show.

16. lordairgtar

lordairgtar

[​IMG]
    This one is owned by the prez of our car club, The Wisconsin Street Rod Association. He's got a cool old DeSoto too

17. Appleseed

Appleseed

I'm still waiting on pics of that green 56 that kept yanking the front wheels on launch.

18. Pickled_asparagus

Pickled_asparagus

Had a blast!....and managed to keep the t-bucket in one piece after 10+ passes!

19. fitzee

fitzee

nice picture. Lots of cool rides

20. Roupe

Roupe

Cold as hell but had a great time. A little warmer weather and I'm sure there would have be a lot more cars. Thanks again to the Chrome Czars for a great show!

21. novatattoo

novatattoo
    from Canton,OH

I think this one was on ebay a while back. Man I like that car........... Later, Bill[​IMG]

22. paintcan54

paintcan54

Thanks for the pics. Damn that cotton Candy truck is cool!!!

23. LITTLE CAR

LITTLE CAR

Great Pics....Wish we could have went!!..hope for next year!

24. Craven Moorhead

Craven Moorhead
    from New Berlin

<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8"><meta name="ProgId" content="Word.Document"><meta name="Generator" content="Microsoft Word 9"><meta name="Originator" content="Microsoft Word 9"><link rel="File-List" href="file:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/Owner/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/msoclip1/01/clip_filelist.xml"><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:DoNotOptimizeForBrowser/> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><style> <!-- /* Style Definitions */ p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal {mso-style-parent:""; margin:0in; margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:12.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman";} @page Section1 {size:8.5in 11.0in; margin:1.0in 1.25in 1.0in 1.25in; mso-header-margin:.5in; mso-footer-margin:.5in; mso-paper-source:0;} div.Section1 {page:Section1;} --> </style><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <o:shapedefaults v:ext="edit" spidmax="1026"/> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <o:shapelayout v:ext="edit"> <o:idmap v:ext="edit" data="1"/> </o:shapelayout></xml><![endif]--> Great time, wish the weather would have cooperated I wanted to see Zizzo run that Willies. We toughed out the weather until 3:00 but had to leave. I will certainly be back next year. It made me remember just how much I enjoy drag racing, they way it was. Another fun event Czars.<o:p></o:p>

25. joebuick

joebuick

it was good to see you guys again. It was a fun weekend in wisconsin.

26. acRocker

acRocker

Oh you Czars... I know I thanked a few individually, but to All of the club- Thanks.

What a frickin great time! I'll be the first one to say Skrew the weather it didn't bother me or my hair:) Ok so obviously it mighta bummed me out if I wanted a pass (or 30 like some of you), but it was really fun as a gawker and a talker. I don't get too many opportunities to see a barage of cool cars and bikes or see friends from both sides of the WI/IL boarder in one place. Above all of that I've never been to a Big Car Drag race- just Lucky Bobs. I have a feeling it has something to do with the right kind of eye candy or would it be pinky extended "vintage"! Oh whatever> I'll be back for sure.

Peace, Love, and Motorcycle Grease,
    acRocker

Last edited: May 9, 2010
  27. busch

busch

awesome pics

28. injunnuity

injunnuity
    from Wisconsin

Goodtime had by all that stuck it out for the rain delays I'm sure if the weather would have been better the place would of been pack! Can't wait until next year!

Last edited: May 9, 2010
  29. czars did it again....pulled off a excellent show!

Hugh thanks go to you guys that put the time and effort into making this what it was. Already looking forward to next year

30. I had a great time, it was good to have a car there this year.
    I didn't hot lap like usual but got in several passes and even won most of them.
    The water slide decal is pretty cool, not sure where I'm going to put it.

Thanks again Czars.

Attached Files: