Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Gasser Gasser Gasser!! 1962 Falcon Futura with a Nailhead??

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Chuckles Garage, Dec 16, 2009.

1. Falcon Gasser

Falcon Gasser

Has the wife told you to take that smile off your face yet?? I am sure she has just as big of a smile, she sounds like she is into it just as much.

Jon

2. What....Nailheads are extinct ?? I know of a few 401's that seem very much alive.

3. havi

havi

Inspiring build thread! Chalk me up for one of them hoses, too, lol. Keep the spider, I have enough of them here.

4. SpeedAddict001

SpeedAddict001
    from Alaska

This is one killer build man! Aw, now I want one..... sigh.... That engine is so cool too! Keep up the great job and watch out for those spiders..... LOL Thanks so much for sharing your great build with us! Keep it coming!

SpeedAddict001

5. El Coral

El Coral
    from Argentina

More Videos Please, it`s beatiful

my gasser

[​IMG]

greetings

6. bbc 1957 gasser

bbc 1957 gasser

guy up town runs a 68 buick skylark with one of those switch pitch trannys in it 455 runs 11.45 flips a switch and drives it home there a very cool trans.

7. Chuckles Garage

Chuckles Garage
    Alliance Vendor

What kind of car is that? It seems to have Falcon lines on it.

8. Muttley

Muttley

Will the Strange Bird be making an appearance at Eagle Field in a couple of weeks?

9. desertdroog

desertdroog

Last edited: May 6, 2010
  10. desertdroog

desertdroog

Looks like a South American (Brazilian) Falcon produced well after the 60's with updates.

11. motorhead711

motorhead711

Nice man!!! Dig the ride.

12. porkshop

porkshop
    from Clovis Ca

I second this Question.....:D

13. VA HAMB

VA HAMB

That is Bad Ass! Im thinking though that thery're going to make you fix your water problem before they let you run!:):):)

14. Chuckles Garage

Chuckles Garage
    Alliance Vendor

I'm not sure yet. Funds are super tight right now. If I do bring it, it will just be a running display, as I still dont have it plumbed and there is no flexplate yet (still looking for one, the eelco I bought is crap!)

Ya, probably so hahaha. I read your thread on your truck/find a while back......so rad!

15. THE-SYNDICATE

THE-SYNDICATE

I stopped by Yesterday around 11:00AM.... You guys must have hit an early lunch or something cuz the gate was locked. Bummer.... I will try again soon! I gotta see this thing.

~Robert

16. Chuckles Garage

Chuckles Garage
    Alliance Vendor

Ahhh! you must have missed me by 5 minutes or so. I went to Reliable to get some bolts for the bellhousing. I'll be there all day tomorrow, and I'll have the Strange Bird at the Stokes Ranch this saturday. I'll be there until about 2pm

17. UnsettledParadox

UnsettledParadox

glad to hear that!! dunno how much longer the old man is gonna be able to put that show on

18. THE-SYNDICATE

THE-SYNDICATE

Well shit... I was killing time while my front rotors were getting re-turned and I thought I would swing over that way. I forgot about the Stokes deal this weekend. I might take a break from my trash and swing by. Thanks for the heads up.

19. Chuckles Garage

Chuckles Garage
    Alliance Vendor

A Little more progress, and Strange Bird goes to a show......

Cut and installed the red windows...

[​IMG]

main shutoff switch in place of the gas filler...

[​IMG]

Made a gauge panel in steering column hoop. It will be riveted on when its all said and done.

[​IMG]

Attended the Fred Stokes All American car Day in Santa Rosa. What a great show, something for everyone.

[​IMG]

The view through the quarter glass...

[​IMG]

Starting the Bird on the lawn does bad things to it. Sorry Fred.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Working on having it plumbed and ready to drive in a couple weeks! Woo Hoo!

20. popsracer

popsracer
    from Sacramento

WOW!! Very nice! Can't wait to see (hear) it in person. Awesome car!

21. where did you get the red windows?

22. Chuckles Garage

Chuckles Garage
    Alliance Vendor

I cut them from 1/8 thick red plexiglass sheet.

23. Thanks. And the car is a well put together piece. The look is right on. You sir have an eye for detail, while keeping the build in a proper time frame. Too any projects like yours start out with good intentions, but as time goes on they move all over the decades. Thank you for keeping yours in just one.

24. J-lopy Kid

J-lopy Kid

strange. But I like it. keep em coming.

25. dogpatch customs

dogpatch customs
    from ohio

awesome that you made it out to a show with it, bet it was great. looks like it recieved some good attention. hehe, nice job.

george

26. claymore

claymore
    BANNED

Dam read this one. Lucky this didn't happen to you.............

A tourist is lucky to be alive after a deadly spider bit him on the penis.
    The Canadian backpacker was attacked after skinny-dipping in New Zealand.
    While he was swimming, a rare katipo spider crawled into the shorts he had left on the beach. When the man returned, he put them back on and fell asleep — but the trapped spider then nipped him on his manhood.
    Within minutes, the spider's venom was causing him to have agonizing chest pains, a racing heart, high blood pressure and severe swelling to his penis.
    Dr. Nigel Harrison, who treated the 22-year-old at Dargaville Hospital, revealed the case in a report for the New Zealand Medical Journal.
    "It was a rather nasty, ill-placed bite,” Harrison said. “The man woke to find his penis swollen and painful with a red mark on the shaft suggestive of a bite. He rapidly developed generalized muscle pains, fever, headache, photophobia (light sensitivity) and vomiting."
    The unidentified man's condition "improved rapidly" after treatment with an anti-venom, but he was kept in the hospital for 16 days before being allowed to return to Canada.
    The katipo, a Maori word meaning "night-stinger,” is an endangered species in New Zealand.
    The pea-sized spiders are related to the American Black Widow. Bites to humans are rare, but two fatalities were recorded in the 1800s.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,592893,00.html

27. Analog Dog

Analog Dog
    from Utah

I know you already have a name for the car,but I got into this thread kinda late in the build and I just want to throw in my two cents...how about "Fowl Play"?By the way,I really like what you've done with the car.

28. Actually the Nailhead was produced from 1953 to 1966.

Started as a 264" - then 322" then 364" then 401" and finally the 425"

Don't give up on the Nailhead as it produces gobs of torque, plus its a great looking motor.

I have a 401 that now has a 1/2" arm which brings it out to 467"

29. Chuckles Garage

Chuckles Garage
    Alliance Vendor

Give up? Noooooooooooo. I think you missed the video a couple pages back of the BLOWN Nailhead running.

I like Nailheads alot alot.

30. Chuckles Garage

Chuckles Garage
    Alliance Vendor

OUCH! Well.......The same exact things happened to me, except it was my hand that was swollen, not my manhood. Oh man, thats horrifying.