Register now to get rid of these ads!

1947 Ford 4 door deluxe

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by trcooperone, May 6, 2010.

1. trcooperone

trcooperone
    from San Diego

I have just aquired a 1947 ford 4 door deluxe (for free!) and I am now searching for insipration. I have found plenty of pictures of two doors but the 4 doors are not customized much, or at least I am not finding any.

I dont want to chop it (at least not yet) I just want it slammed to the ground.

If anyone has pictures or knows a good place to find some custom/modified ford 4 doors that would be great. If you have pictures post them up here!

2. trcooperone

trcooperone
    from San Diego

3. ems customer service

ems customer service

4drs are great way to have fun, forget the chop, do the rake with small tires up front, larger in the rear. and some trick paint, the really radical stuff does not work well on a 4dr but the right paint and strip or flames works real well, go to shows and take pics of anything that looks trick or intresting and then a few weeks later look at the pics, you will have a better sense of cool stuff then, i have a 4dr and wont go back to 2drs

4. trcooperone

trcooperone
    from San Diego

I appreciate the suggestions. I really like the idea of just dropping it to the floor. I am a lot of pictures for all the show I have been to but I am looking specifically for pictures of a 41-48 for 4 door. If anyone has any hot rod pics, I can find plenty of resto pics but I am looking for some hot rod versions.

5. do as EMS said ,drop it low and give it some nice wheels/tires and you will be fine. don't mess with a chop, but keep the paint looking stock....original paint would be cool

any pictures?

6. trcooperone

trcooperone
    from San Diego

This is all I have, they are some cell phone pictures. I am also getting a 9in and a 302 from the same guy all for FREE!

I will take the good advice and erase the chop out of my mind and just slam it and drive it. I am just looking for some motivational and inspirational photos.

Attached Files:

7. fitzee

fitzee

There is only one way to do a 4 door.Low,black with steelies

Attached Files:

Racer29 and Asphalt Angel like this.
  8. Tony D.

Tony D.

I'm with fitzee -- that looks sweet!!!

9. 416Ford

416Ford

There are on a few of us (41-48) 4 door owner on here. Jasonp used to own a nice burgundy one. It's owned by a different HAMB member now somewhere in Ohio.
    The racked look is cool just don't add skirts in MY opinion.

10. T_Bird Guy

T_Bird Guy

Here is the picture of my 1947 Ford Super Deluxe Fordor.
    [​IMG]

Racer29 likes this.
  11. chris55

chris55

Looks like a cool project.

12. trcooperone

trcooperone
    from San Diego

T bird guy, do you have anymore picures of our ford and what you did for suspension?

13. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

lots of potential-don't worry about pics of more door cars-do a search here for '41-'48 Fords -includes info on suspesnion mods too. take your time and do it right-that depends on your talents and budget. check stuff For Sale here, etc -hit swap meets and online sites for used stuff-get catalogs from Sacramento Vintage Ford, etc.

14. LBCD

LBCD

not a 47 Ford but a 41 Merc, it is all about the stance!

[​IMG]

15. trcooperone

trcooperone
    from San Diego

So I need new floor boards and I am having a hard time finding some. Where is a good place to get floor boards for 41-48 fords?

16. 416Ford

416Ford

Bitchen produces a generic floor or anyone with a bead roller can make you a set. If the car needs more work then just front floor sections you may want to buy a roller and make your own. Wish I had done it when I did my floors. My trucks need floors and I will be buying one now.

17. Anthem Rides

Anthem Rides

Hey guys,
    I also just recently picked up a 1947 Ford Special Deluxe Four Door. Plan is to drop it low with some whitewalls and a small block chevy. I'll keep you all posted as the project progresses.

18. jasonp

jasonp
    from Aurora,IL

I'd love to know who owns it now, and see some new pics.

19. 416Ford

416Ford

VAFAN I believe. In Virginia, he is not a big poster (5 in 14 months). I asked him if the car was yours but he said it was delivered and that's where it ended.

Good luck.

20. steel rebel

steel rebel
    Member Emeritus

Here is a few pictures of my 48 work in progress. I agree low, black and steelies but whatever you do it'll never be a beautiful car.

Attached Files:

clunker likes this.
  21. Drop it on it's belly and-Leave that visor on it!

22. SuperD-47

SuperD-47

23. SuperD-47

SuperD-47

Heres mine

[​IMG]

302GMC likes this.
  24. SuperD-47

SuperD-47

25. SuperD-47

SuperD-47

26. IMG_1482333507.678816.jpg

I dig this car, this is how I would go with a 48 ford. I especially like the Cad motor with dual quads. What are those air cleaners, and did you alter them yourself to work with the carbs? Do those bolt on to those Rochesters?

302GMC likes this.
  27. donno21

donno21

trcooperone, checkwith Rockets Hot Rod garage, he's parting out a 48, may have floors.

28. 416Ford

416Ford

That HURTS.......
    I can cruise from Michigan to Kentucky in mine with two full coolers luggage and plenty of leg room.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

29. Gearhead Graphics

Gearhead Graphics
    from Denver Co

Considering its been 6 years, wonder how the OP came out with this project