Register now to get rid of these ads!

Customs HAMB Merc Club! who's in?????

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Bad Bob, Nov 11, 2008.

1. WOW Now thats funny:rolleyes:

2. markc138

markc138

Hello all i just got a 49 Fordor Project!
    [​IMG]

Last edited: May 8, 2010
  3. MORE PIC'S buddy!!!!! I wanna see more....

4. little skeet

little skeet
    from huston

OK, I am in..don't know how to join...just let me know how and I will.

Here is mine after 6 years of work and $$$ still need to get it pin striped.

I plan on making it to Salina this year.

[​IMG]

"Wasn't anybody there except me and Little Skeet"

5. How about some info?
    Chop?
    Engine?
    Rear window?
    Taillights?
    Interior shots...

I'll add you to list. You're #321.

6. Looks straight.
    Wish I still had my '49 fordor:)

7. Great picture right here . dig it

8. markc138

markc138

Hi Check out my photo album http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/album.php?albumid=17380

[​IMG]

theres some more in there i only got it a week ago took 6 months in transit from arkansas to australia. rear drivers door got banged up on the way but other that that is a very good car only minor rust. :)

Last edited: May 8, 2010
  9. little skeet

little skeet
    from huston

Rear window is a custom made one. So is the front windshield a custom one. The windshield is a one piece curved glass since the point on the roof has been removed. Taillights are from a 56 Buick. It has a complete white interior out of a T-Bird. Including the metal divider for the backseat. I took out the ugly 51 dash and installed a 49 dash with Stewart Warner Wings gauges. Pic was taken just as interior was being completed. I will have to take some of the inside and post later.

"Wasn't anyb[​IMG]ody there except me and Little Skeet"

10. Jeff J

Jeff J

Well got the baby in the trailer for a couple months till I get caught up with putting stuff away in the garage to make room to start working on her ! Hey Bad Bob like your pics of Bobby green's truck, have you been on the salt with Lucky and the group ? Hope to see ya this year out there!

Attached Files:

11. smogmeister

smogmeister
    from Van Nuys

If this loads here's my 51. I fought my ass off for this heap and my wife hates her, but that's cool the wife goes before my Merc. Her name's Josephine after my great and who's a redheaded fireball and a royal pain in the ass. but when I cruise in this car the whole world is right. I still haven't decided if I will chop her, but I am pretty set in the flathead and 3 on the tree with overdrive.

Attached Files:

12. smogmeister

smogmeister
    from Van Nuys

it's my great aunt, not great and

13. Hey Taz....digging the last picture you posted of "Hammered." I noticed the green 50 (?) behind it. That green one was the first chopped merc I ever saw in person. Saw it at a little show in Green Bay right after he had finished it. I've had the bug to own one ever since.....only took me 25 years. Ha!

14. Bobby Greens truck? The '38 Ford is mine. It was at Bonneville last year with the previous owner. I'm planning on driving there in the truck this year.

15. You just can't go wrong with a Mercury and a fiesty redhead!!!!!! I agree with you though,about cruising in a Mercury makes the world right! Does it for me too!!!!!
    Added you to the member list....

16. Cool merc and a cool story :D. Shifting your merc into third with your foot on the gas listening to that flathead does make a lot of things right when nothing seems like it's going your way. At least thats how I feel.

17. Buggs

Buggs
    from Tucson

Jointed a few days ago, have a 51 that has been handed down from new. With 79 thou miles on it, still in good shape. Time has taken over so it is time to get her up to par. Not chopping or shaving, will lower 3", changing front to dics using conversion from Jamco, steering kit and new sway bar. No real question right now, been searching the forum and have already answered most of my questions. Going to stay with the flathead but will be rebuilding it, or should I say, will have a qualified shop rebuild it. So fare have only come across with two companies that rebuild, I am in AZ and only found Engine Service Center in Apple Valley and H&H flatheads in La Crescenta, both in S-CA. Any recommondations? Anyway, this is what I got and This is where I am.
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

18. Looks like a great car! I'd go with H&H. They do quality work.

19. Lowmerc50

Lowmerc50

Way to go Buggs, Car looks great!!!!!!!!!!!

20. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

Does anybody in the MERC club know if a set of Lincoln Premiers will mount right up to my '52? I have a set coming in tomorrow and I'm interested to see if they'll fit or not.

21. Buggs

Buggs
    from Tucson

Thanks all, will post updates on my progress, Hope to have it done for the 2012 Hot August Nights in Reno.

22. Lincoln Premier..............? Wheels? Taillights? Bumpers?

23. Hot August Nights????? That's a waste of a day! Why not bring it to GNRS,LA Roadster Show,or Ventura Nats? Hot August Nights sucks!!!!!! Unless you have a 80's Corvette...or a DONK,haha!

24. Jeff J

Jeff J

Hey drdave that my buddy Ralph's car . We built our cars at the same time and kinda helped each other out with parts! When I lived in Green bay ,Wis. Built them in 1977-78

Last edited: May 10, 2010
  25. mercury Bill

mercury Bill

I'm in...49 that i'm currently installing a 500 caddy and a turbo 400 and a 64 marauder 2dr ht that is about to be painted.

26. Cool! Another '49! We need pic's!!!!!!!

27. Jeff J

Jeff J

Forgot to ask Ya , Bad Bob am I in the merc club ?

28. I'll have to look at the list...I can't remember,haha!

29. Don't see you on there. What year is your new Merc?

30. SportSedan

SportSedan

Dont chop it,looks awesome just the way it is.:cool: