Register now to get rid of these ads!

swap meet sbc valve covers

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by .45ACP, May 7, 2010.

1. .45ACP

.45ACP

bought a set of these at swap meet for 25$,anybody know how old they are or who made'em[​IMG]

Attached Files:

• 015.JPG
      015.JPG
      File size:
      74.7 KB
      Views:
  2. .45ACP

.45ACP

sorry bout the 2 pics, i dont really know what the hell i'm doing

3. Maco-B

Maco-B

Well that make two of us. They look like the late 60's early 70's. Finned covers were the thing.

4. Flathead26T

Flathead26T

pro/stock made tools and other various parts such as intakes and valve covers. they were sold in department stores in the 70's. i have a set of those valve covers also

5. peter johnson

peter johnson

I will give you $30 haha!

6. J&JHotrods

J&JHotrods

My neighbor has them on his sbc in O/T late 70's(metric) more door caprice, funny coincidence. I assumed they were late '70 or '80ish pieces, not sure, but don't know who makes 'em. That didn't help at all, but those are pretty clean.

7. Deuces

Deuces

8. JeffB2

JeffB2
    from Phoenix,AZ

I first started selling those in '74 they were available thru several Performance Warehouses as a generic low cost alternative, they also offered a line of plug wires and headers the quality was actually quite good and comebacks almost never existed.At the time Eagle Specialties was making the headers and I was told the valve covers were cast at the Weiand foundery,the plug wires were yellow with the exception of the printing on the jackets they looked like the early Accel SS wires.They seemed to fade away out of existance around 80-81.

9. unclescooby

unclescooby
    from indy

I'm think it was "Paul... somebody" that made those. They only made sbc and FE Ford covers if I remember correctly. The FE's were taller pentroof style covers that cleared roller rockers nicely.

10. BeatnikPirate

BeatnikPirate
    from Media, Pa.

It wouldn't surprise me if they were cast by Weiand ,as JeffB2 indicated, because they look identical to my Weiands except for the name.

11. It wouldn't take much to make 'em look old. Polish and get a set of breathers to cover the disco era lettering.

12. Now those are cool, nice find!

13. You're thinking of Paul Bedoian of Pro Stock Engineering...a controversial figure, to put it mildly. :) So far as I know, his company, now defunct, was not the same one as the company that made the covers. Bedoian's stuff was always labeled PSE. He owns a little repair shop in San Jacinto last I heard.

The Pro/Stock cover logos were just a marketing thing by somebody, kind of like the Ansen stuff made today with "SS396" or "Baldwin". http://www.ansenusa.com/

14. mac762

mac762

X2 on them looking just like Weiands. I have a pair on my daily.

15. unclescooby

unclescooby
    from indy

You are correct. That's exactly what I was thinking. Stupid long term loss of short term memory....

16. Nah...I've heard a number of people who made the same connection, a natural one. PSE made...or perhaps more accurately put, designed some neat products- aluminum blocks and some hard-core racing pieces . Problem was getting him to actually make the parts and ship them....:eek:

I've always wanted to have covers like those, but saying "Dumb/Shit" or "Dumb/Ass" or something else equally stupid, just to see peoples' expressions when the hood was opened. :D

17. fab32

fab32
    Member Emeritus

I have a set of Weiands that look exactly like those with the exception of the logo. Weinad would be in place of Pro/Stock. Mine are also wrinkle finish black with the top of the fins brushed.

Frank

18. cracker head

cracker head

They made sbf covers as well.

19. I did a thread about mine a couple years back, maybe searching would give you more input than what is allready given. I bought mine seperate one with black wrinkle paint and the other plain.