Register now to get rid of these ads!

DRAGFEST 2010 thanks

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by zombie, May 7, 2010.

1. zombie

zombie

i know there were a few other posts regarding this years dragfest, however i wanted to personally thank everyone who supported us again this year. this years event was a success regarless of the "rain scare". the possible postponement had a small impact on spectators, but we still had 200 race cars, which was up from last year. we doubled the car show, and vendors, and we had 20 swap meet vendors. overall, we're calling it a success. we are already working on the details for next years event. i would like to thank the shifters for coming out and supporting us, as well as the afx guys, the funny car guys, and dave hough for bringing a great fuel altered show again. The traditional gasser class was awesome this year. we are getting enough traditional stuff in this class that we will be looking into a traditional super stock class for next year. there will be a 6 page feature in the new rod & kulture, but i thought i would go ahead and give you guys a teaser anyhow. here are a few pics from robert moore, and marc gewertz (the best drag photographer on the planet). if you need more, chad has some great coverage on his website bangshift.com. here is a link to his photos: http://www.bangshift.com/gallery/Dra...0-gallery.html

oh yeah, we had 3 banners stolen from us this year. 2 of them were very large and cost us around $700 a piece. you better pray i dont find you. so if anyone has any info on who took these, there will be a reward, and i will do a custom piece of art for you.

thanks again, and we'll see you next year, zombie

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. 55belairx2

55belairx2
    from California

Still can't believe somebody swiped the banners!!! :mad: Losers!!! Loved the logo for the event this year, but that's no surprise since I own a couple of 55's myself. Plus I dig the car that was used for the logo!

3. Gambino_Kustoms

Gambino_Kustoms
    Alliance Vendor

thanxs botherman we had a blast this was the first year we camped in the past we hoteled it!!!!!!

4. Good show Zombie, I had a blast. The fuel altereds are the best part. If anyone sees a banner at my house it is from last year and I got it with Zombie's permission.

5. 55belairx2

55belairx2
    from California

Forgot to say THANKS to all who put on the event, have been to all 3 and had a blast every time. Raced one of the cars for the first time this year. Not sure how you do it exactly, but actually feels like being at an event from the 60's or 70's!

6. Zombie, it was awesome.

Great racing, wished more guys went into the car show, but it was still cool.
    I was in the swap meet all the time..we all had a good time and sold a bunch of stuff. And bought some cool stuff.
    Thanks for the venue. I'll be back again next year, bigger, and more people with me.
    Stop by for a beer. We are always the morons that stay up late in the swap meet area.
    Any complaints?

Oh and I like it to be by the fence instead of where it was last year.
    I get to see some car action from where we are.
    Tell Dave thanks for doing his thing for the swap.

7. 1badnov

1badnov
    from South Bay

Let me just say this 1 more time. I had a bitchen time @ the drags. This was the first drags for my 6 yr. old son & guys were letting him sit in their FED's. He couldn't have been better time. Thanks for staying the course.

8. zombie

zombie

thanks again guys. i actually got to enjoy some racing myself on sunday with my daughter this year. i saw squeak run 12.67 with his sedan. bruce cox, lost the front end of the ol' rainbow warrior 55 chevy mid pass. i was really hoping to see the match race between markey's purple people eater and mike smith's model a coupe, but markey's rear end broke right before rolling through the box.

9. straightaxlenova

straightaxlenova

Thanks for putting on the show. There really isn't another event that compares to it.
    This was my second time running at Dragfest. I ran in the Traditional Gasser class, and had a blast. I'll definitely be back for next year.

[​IMG]

10. rooman

rooman

Zombie,
    I want to add my thanks too. It was great to get a chance to start making my license runs in our NT/F car and I just wish that I had time to see more of the hot rod action on the track and in the pits. On the upside I did get to meet Sarah and hang out with April when we were in the lanes waiting to run.

Roo

11. billys54

billys54

Thanks zombie i really enjoyed myself hope to see you next year.

12. damn i gotta go next year.......my friend had his kid that weekend.

13. trad27

trad27

Thanks for putting on a great show. Sorry to hear about the banners, it pisses me off when I hear stories like that. It was my first year and I had a blast and even got a new truck out of it, lol. Looking forward to next year.[​IMG]

14. sorry i missed it homie. i ripped my driveshaft in half the night before :(
    cant wait till next year.

15. Zombie, the Vipers all say thanks for the great show. We can't hardly wait for next year, man. This is right up there with the CHRR. Much better than the march meet, IMO.

16. magsnubby

magsnubby
    from Fresno,Ca

This was my first Dragfest. and i can't hardly wait for next year. Lots of great racing but the gasser class was just awesome. It was my 6 yo grandsons first drag race and he absolutely loved it.

Lots of great racing, spent the day with my son and grandson. It just don't get any better than that.

17. Randy Bradford

Randy Bradford

Thanks for having us there, Hope the wing and I can race again next year. We did run our best ET for a real nostalgia Fuel altered.. 7.06 208.

Randy Bradford
    Bradfords AA/FA www.bradfordsfiat.com

Attached Files:

18. zombie

zombie

hey randy, no. thank you. you, the wing, and nanook are always at the top of our list. i think you should go ahead and mark your calander for next year.

z

19. Was a real good time and I got to talk to alot of good people, met some of the shifters (actually took one to spin donuts in my model A out in the back 40), also helped them regain their shade after a wind gust and was rewarded with a brew, took home the slowest et slips like I said I would, got my good buddy Trad27 into the world of bangers, and fullfilled some other personal goals from childhood that weekend. I will be there next year and vow to run alot faster seriously.-Weeks

20. Sledge

Sledge
    from Nor Cal

Hey Zombie, just want to say thanks from myself and all the Shifters! We definitely had a blast at Dragfest and are looking forward to next year! It was an honor that my merc was chosen for best custom and the trophy was a perfect cup for drinking beer out of! Thanks again man!

Kevan
    Shifters So. Cal.

ps. thanks Weeks for helping with our tent/sail!

21. Mike

Mike

Once again Dragfest was a blast. Bitchin' race cars, great people and a low key, freindly atmosphere. Killer deal. I skipped the Pasedena Roadster's run in favor of this, that should tell you something.

Thanks to Zombie, Randy and all involved.

22. duecechevy32

duecechevy32
    from Modesto CA

hey zombie , thanks for a bitchin' show an race man. it was my first time to dragfest an i totaly dug it. the AA/FA were the best part of the whole deal , that class shit on all those big events classes!! Fuel Altereds forever!!
    its awsome how the wing , bradfords , rat trap , pure hell ect. came out an showed them modern fuel altereds how its done , half track burnouts an 50mph back ups. thats how its done , back when men were men drivein jacked up 98inch wheel base 3000hp beasts. great show , hopefully be there next year with a restored fuel altered to cackle it for ya guys.