Register now to get rid of these ads!

FINALLY! got my own garage space today. ('bout time)

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by theloosecannon707, May 7, 2010.

1. Hey guys,

So for the last few years ive havent had a garage, and ive been storing/working in freinds garages, shops, families homes, etc. Recently i saw an add in the paper for a garage for rent, it belonged to an old midget racer in the 60-70, and he had passed away and his widow was renting it out. I scooped up the place, cleaned it out, and moved some of my old junk and projects in. over the weekend; Its been a perfect place to work this last week, and get my bikes and cars together. If i only had my own car trailer! i have 5 more of my cars to move...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. RichG

RichG

A midget racer huh? So what, are all the plug ins really close to the floor?

J/K, nice score for your collection, and a nice collection it is by the looks of it!:D

3. Topless Ford

Topless Ford

The Marlin needs a flame paint job!

4. FastAndLoose

FastAndLoose
    from Warren, PA

congrats... love the swordfish!

5. LC,

With all the thefts in CA lately, lock that place down tight and consider getting an alarm. It seems thieves have a knack for finding ways to steal our hard earned stuff.

BTW congrats, I'm still sponging off a friend and have a bunch of shit stored in his shop.

6. TMoney

TMoney

I can't believe you owned all that stuff with no garage or storage. WOW!

7. ya it was a tight fit... i also have a pool table, and a 50s coke machine going in the side unit, once its cleaned out and walled, this weekend.

8. WHAT is that fastback,,front looks Lincoln?

9. solid

solid

Great place.

10. its a 1941 Buick Sedanette. Pulled from a barn in Arizona, had been parked there in 1951, it has 29,000 original miles, the original big straight 8 with the stock dual carbs.

11. Rickybop

Rickybop
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Congrats on the new work-shop! I imagine that the lady who's renting it will enjoy having a "gearhead" around again. Hearing you rev up an engine or grinding steel probably brings back memories.

12. lowelife

lowelife

If you run out of room you can send those "W" valve covers to me for storage. 8)

13. ironandsteele

ironandsteele

jesus-you have some cool stuff there. congrats on the garage. i'd like to get my hands on one i can use.. right now mine is basically a glorified tool shed. haha.

14. bill wallace

bill wallace

I did that i 1961 & married the widows oldest daughter-- weve been together almost 50 years. The best thing that ever happened to me.

15. lol I was thinking the same thing

16. temper_mental

temper_mental
    from Texas

Very cool congratulations

17. Good on you for finding a nice place like that! Your collection is way cool ,too.
    Also, I want to be 2nd in line for those W engine valve covers. My 348 needs them!

18. shainerman

shainerman

GREAT SUCCESS!!! I have been on the hunt for a place for over a year. I keep finding spot but they are too small or too far away. Enjoy it and get to work!

19. hey those puppies are going on my 409!

[​IMG]

20. 56sedandelivery

56sedandelivery
    Member Emeritus

First thing you need to do now, is get some bars on the windows, door reinforcements, locks, alarm system, and rotate with your friends on who sleeps on the couch at night. I know you're happy, but you posted many pics, the layout, and vantage points of entry, for anyone dishonest to learn from and steal from you. Be safe, but keep your toys safer. It's what I do with my stuff. I don't mean to rain on your parade, but it's better than posting about what you lost when you got broken into. Butch/56sedandelivery.

21. thanks for the advice, it already has a alarn system locks on all rollup doors, and no one knows where it is, lol. Thats the convient thing about having a shop in the country thats in a different town.

22. monkey19

monkey19

good stuff enjoy it!

23. Topless Ford

Topless Ford

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I got nothin besides this. The garage and the cars are the best!!!!!!!!

Staying with the seafood theme, a Marlin might look great with "SCALLOPS".

24. now thats some rare fish. must caught that those in the gulf, pre oil spill of course