Register now to get rid of these ads!

shop music to build cars to

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by croxxedmember, May 7, 2010.

1. My radio in the shop stays on WGPB in Rome GA, our Georgia Public Broadcasting/NPR station. I'm a big fan of Garrison Keillor's Prairie Home Companion on Saturday nights. Friday nights, it's Piano Jazz with Marian McPartland, Sunday nights it's Big Band Jump with Don Kennedy playing the big band music of the '30s and '40s (Henrietta the '38 Ford pickup likes music of this era a lot). If I pull a late night in the shop, I'll catch some good late night bluegrass on Bluegrass Overnight.

2. duce dreamer

duce dreamer

Nice choice mate, have been known to grind along to alil
    Seasick Steve myself. He`s one cool Hobo.

3. J&JHotrods

J&JHotrods

If dad is in the shop with me it goes to the oldies station. Even in my own garage-he's earned that right to have his choice of tunes whenever we work together. Better break out some loud air tools if he starts singing though:D. When he's gone though, look out.
    ministry
    fantomas
    queens of the stone age
    slayer(just gotta have some slayer on hand-for some reason, when I get pissed, speed/death metal soothes the nerves)
    Mr. bungle
    Gaza
    early soungarden(the screaming life/fopp days)
    pantera sets a good mood in the shop
    a perfect circle
    local bands-season to risk
    shiner, and others
    -but, also depending on the mood-
    oingo boingo
    devo
    Al Green has even been known to grace my stereo with his presence
    Stevie Ray Vaughn
    johnny cash
    waylon and/or willie
    earth wind and fire
    early police....
    I could go on and on but I'll stop since my tastes seem to confound those who attempt to put me in a particular listening category.

4. neilswheels

neilswheels
    from England

Some Brit Jazz Funk, soul, motown, latin, blues..

5. croxxedmember

croxxedmember

nice collection, i shoot pool to Stevie. did you ever think of punk bagpipes such as the dropkick murphys?

6. croxxedmember

croxxedmember

thanks for the rocken playlist ideas. it really helps if you have the right music.

7. croxxedmember

croxxedmember

yep, i have Dianna Ross in the old 8 track right now.

8. croxxedmember

croxxedmember

i thank you all. you make me feel a bit more welcome with my music. most of this stuff is stuff that i have in my changer, 8 track deck, or on the turntable. thanks again.

9. Local 91.5 University of New Orleans channel. It's run by kids at our college. Fri and Sat nights are usually filled with alot of really good old punk/horror punk, Sundays are back and forth between reggae, rocksteady, older ska, and alot of surf. Weekdays are mostly ska, jazz and blues. I dig it.

10. scrap metal 48

scrap metal 48

Put on Monk, Davis, Byrd,Jimmy Smith,Brubeck,Etc,Etc, a few brews, and I could build all through the night.............

11. 29AV8

29AV8

Misfits ................

12. gladeparkflyer

gladeparkflyer
    BANNED

ever heard a band called the old 97s? their early stuff is killer! "harolds superservice" springs to mind but they got a ton of rockabilly style shit. how bout the bottlerockets? uncle tupelo, slobberbone, lottsa new shit out there that rocks. you'll just never hear it on corporate radio...

13. Check my signature and stream the best radio show in the country......

14. 60 ford

60 ford

Lots of classic rock and 70s punk

15. rockable

rockable
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I put my iPod on shuffle. It's got nearly 7000 songs on it that range from bluegrass, blues, soul, R&B, classic rock, country, jazz, jam bands and lots of Blues! It's all good.

16. Angry white guy music. Still stuck in Seattle grunge. My daughter comes out to listen and watches me work. She calls it garage music cause my wife won't let me play it in the house...

17. J&JHotrods

J&JHotrods

So for all of the reverand fans, I'm sure you've heard of split lip rayfield? Holy crap what a great band. Gas tank for an upright bass? Fahgettaboutit. Pretty damn good band. Was invited to see them at Grinders, wasn't really thinking I'd be into it, but MAN those dudes can play. Fan for life now.

18. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

So today was The Cramps - Bad music for Bad people, A date with Elvis, Look ma no head, and Stay Sick ( best song ever-all women are bad!)...Yesterday was Glen Miller and some other newer big bad stuff. Tomorrow? Throw the I pod on shuffle, play along for a bit, see where the day takes me... Maybe Dick dale?!

19. NH Gearhead

NH Gearhead

Social Distortion
    Kings of Nuthin
    Splatter
    Sandy Ford
    Tombstone Brawlers

20. lostforawhile

lostforawhile

no one mentioned Hendrix? I have an old fisher studio standard receiver out there and a couple of giant speakers from the eighties, up in the loft. I just plug my Ipod into it and crank it up. I listen to all kinds of stuff but Hendrix seems to be great for building things. especially Red house. If you've never done it. listen to his greatest hits on a really good pair of full size earphones, those things you stick in your ears don't do music justice. If you've never done it, it will blow you away as to how good he is, regular speakers don't even do him justice.

[​IMG]

21. Deuces

Deuces

There ya go!! :D

22. Model A John

Model A John
    from wichita ks

I've got 6 Rev. Horton Heat CD's that I listen to in the shop. If you're into rockabilly, you'll love 'em.

23. redda

redda

henri mancini's touch of evil soundtrack.

24. budd

budd

25. wolfers

wolfers

Uriah Heep, Kansas, Hendrix, Neil Young usually works for me.

26. J-lopy Kid

J-lopy Kid

Surf music with a heavy guitar.... Less words to distract, and plenty of melody and energy to keep moving!

27. chopperjeff

chopperjeff
    BANNED
    from minnesota

28. 40chevythrowensparks

40chevythrowensparks

HOT WATER MUSIC!!!
    the draft
    august burns red
    rhcp
    it dies today....

old school country is always good.... i have a pretty kick ass system in my building i can hear it over every tool i have no prob.... the people next door hate me...

29. Deuces

Deuces

How about Donovan?? :D

30. mackster

mackster

Gino Vanelli! :D