Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Dixie Dragfest & Hot Rod Pallooza!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by PossumJR., May 6, 2010.

1. PossumJR.

PossumJR.
    from Walls,MS

On june 5th we will be having the dixie dragfest and hot rod pallooza @ byhalia Raceway in Byhalia,Ms (about 20 minutes southeast of memphis) This will be our 2nd nostalgia show at this track.We had our first one last year called the hot rod turkey drags the week before thanksgiving.We had a great time and had a great turnout,So we decided to also do a summer show. It will be an all day show 9 to 9.It is a pre 72' show. All cars entered in the show will get to make as many passes as they desire down the track. We will have slingshot dragsters,alltereds,gassers,superstockers & tons of hot rods.Also will have a swap meet & homemade hot rod trophys. At 5pm that afternoon we will have a hot rod bracket race for ALL entered cars for only a $10.00 entry fee. Show & drag regestration is $30.00 and includes an event decal. Event t-shirts will also be for sale.We will have some restored top fuel cars on display and cackling! The stephens venables dragster WILL BE THERE! This event is alot of fun it is an 1/8 mile track that looks like 1975.It is alot like a minature version of the track in Bowling Green,ky. Its not an event you want to miss! If you would like more info just call Rick @ possumkillergarage @ 901-461-6923
    We will have a flyer up on our website Possumkillergarage.com this weekend!

2. Spike!

Spike!

1- Do an intro! Who the fuck are you? Why are you spamming me?

2- I'll let Zombie know you decided to steal the Dragfest name. He'll love it. The whole Palooza thing is played out, so you can fight with Perry Ferrell about that one..

3- 1/8 th mile sucks. Its not a miniature anything..just a kiss from a prostitute.

4- Cackling is gay. Don't let your friends do it either.

5- Miniature what? 1975? I think they ran 1/4 mile in 1975...seriously.

Carry on,
    Spike

3. k9racer

k9racer

if Mr. Spike can not attend I will go in his place..Thank You for the invite... Bobby..

4. Bluefoot

Bluefoot

hey spike to start with I know a couple Spikes and i think they'd be pissed for you using there name to start with, then I see where you from, so that means your a f'n yankee, so how gives a chit what you think, and if you new anything about drag racing, you'd know one of the oldest drag strips in the country is George Rays in Ar. I was draging there in 1966, George passed away a few months ago but strip is still going, and for dragfest, i guess you upsit because its not a gayfest,guess thats why you said crackling was gay, by the way do you have any kind of drag race up there that you go to for old timers that raced back in the 50's and 60's most liky not, well these guys did one hell of a job putting on the turkey drags and now we have a chance to go do it again, thank god for people that want to have fun-bet you don't know what that is, my hats off to the pussom crew and all that are doing something for us real hot rod guys, so from the book of Blue, kisss my azz you unhappy sob,

5. Bluefoot

Bluefoot

and yes i misspelled a few words

6. PossumJR.

PossumJR.
    from Walls,MS

Thanks guys for the support as this was just a friendly invite and in no way a intrusion into your("spike") self centered ego driven world. So i can honestly say i hope that you "spike" (big bad name) do NOT attend our show as that would certainly put a damper on the day and take away from what we love and that is traditional hot rods and drag racing and hangin' out with other people that enjoy the same thing.

7. Bluefoot

Bluefoot

hell Jr. do a name ck at the gate, then
    (1) call me I'll smack him with my cain
    (2) give him a 1/8 mile drag--on his azz
    (3) just make him wear place card(I'll make it )that says I'm spike, and turn him loose in the crowd
    (4) ALL of the above

8. PossumJR.

PossumJR.
    from Walls,MS

Fully agree with that theory....but i doubt we have to worry about him showing because if he showed up he would show just how little of a hot rodder he truly is

9. k9racer

k9racer

Back To The Top for Mr. SPIKE..

10. zombie

zombie

spike is a well respected hotrod photographer/writer who drives the shit out of his hotrods. he has worked for a number of magazines including cover shots for rod & custom. regardless of his "crabbyness" regarding the use of the dragfest name, you might want to just let this dead dog die.

and yes, there are a lot of different people using dragfest now days. the first i heard of it was bruce larsons dragfest. bruce is a rad dude, and puts on a great show.

zombie

11. BLACKIE HARVELLE

BLACKIE HARVELLE

i dont usually reply to the holiest of hotrodders like some of you bitches on here but possum jr is a real good friend of mine and a jesters club member besides spike your probaly not as big a badass as you think so shut your foul mouth and go bother someone else any ways its a frickin hot rod show you can drag at not like anybody said anything about your mom grow a pair prick and dont bother comin to the south we have better manners than you.

12. Bama Jama

Bama Jama

Thanks for the invite man. Geez, who pissed in Spike cornflakes?

13. PossumJR.

PossumJR.
    from Walls,MS

to reply to zombie on the whole "respected hot rodder thing". No true hot rodder would dog and disrespect a fellow hot rodder who they dont even know and badmouth there show because they dislike the name. No mattter how successful of a photographer or writer this "spike" doesnt sound like anybody worth respecting and as for me he will get no respect from me.

14. vicksrods

vicksrods

hey jr I'll be there for sure ......... oh and welcome to the hamb...glad to see a young guy interested in this hobby and not a ricer with a fart can exhaust..

15. PossumJR.

PossumJR.
    from Walls,MS

thanks man, good to know theres atleast a few nice guys on the hamb. I guess not everybody has something stuck up there butt

16. Spike!

Spike!

You know what? an apology is in order. You are correct. I had absolutely no business saying what I said to someone I don't know. For that I am sorry. I really should keep my opinions to myself, especially when it's not asked for. I'm sure you'll have a great event and hope everyone has fun and stays safe. I was totally out of line and it won't happen again. Sorry if my yankee ass offended anyone.

Spike

17. Spike!

Spike!

The bigger man wouldn't have said anything to begin with.. I'll be happy just to get the taste of foot out of my mouth...

Spike

18. Codeman

Codeman
    from SE Mo

Hmmm, might have to put this on the schedule. I'm only a couple of hours away.

19. k9racer

k9racer

Spike you have let all of us on the board know that you are a gentleman...Bobby.. I will add this..If you would like to come to this fuction I will pay your addmission and help out on your fuel cost..

20. Bama Jama

Bama Jama

Hey Spike, been there done that. We all have those days. I'm kinda used to the taste of foot.

21. PossumJR.

PossumJR.
    from Walls,MS

We had a great time last year and had a great turnout and it only looks to be getting bigger. Its a sign that nostalgia racing and hot rodding is still alive in the mid-south

22. Flipper

Flipper
    from Kentucky

I'm gonna try to make it down there.

How strict is tech going to be? Can something less than a hard core NHRA racecar get on the track?

23. PossumJR.

PossumJR.
    from Walls,MS

Tech? no tech lol....... this is a true old school track there wont be any inspection and pretty much the only restricition is cars running 7.99 or faster(1/8) are required t where helmets. Other than that its pretty much good ole grudge racing fun and saturday afternoon the hot rod bracket race. We would love to have you!

24. PossumJR.

PossumJR.
    from Walls,MS

there are pictures on my profile in my photo album of last years show if youd like to see the track and the kinda hot rods we have at our show

25. Flipper

Flipper
    from Kentucky

20+ years ago, I raced there.

We used to have a good time down there. It was a lot of fun. They didn't get all bent out of shape if you happen to cross the starting line while doing a burnout (funnycar style burnouts were almost encouraged). It was a lot more fun than memphis motorsports.

I saw Rob Vandergraff match race the yellow Thundercraft 57 chevy top sportsman car there (1987?). That was a whole lot of car for a small southern dragstrip.

Good times for sure.

Last edited: May 14, 2010
  26. PossumJR.

PossumJR.
    from Walls,MS

it is a great track with great owners. We race there every saturday and we have a BLAST we never have a problem out of anyone down there.Its like a family down there everybody knows everybody and everybody helps everybody.Ive never been anywhere thats as much fun to race. They still have pro mod match races 3 or 4 times a year a that is a wild show on that ol' track. Even though its a small little country track its the best hookin' track ive ever been on it put motorsports park to shame!

27. PossumJR.

PossumJR.
    from Walls,MS

Only a little over a week til' the big show and the forecast so far is looking great low 80's and so far no chance of rain. Were gonna have a big time!!

28. Flipper

Flipper
    from Kentucky

Any guesses as to how many cars will be there?

29. PossumJR.

PossumJR.
    from Walls,MS

From the response weve had so far its lookin like anywhere from 150 to 300. we would be happy with anything over 150

30. slobroy

slobroy

Is that the track that Joe Elmore profiled on Horsepower T.V.?