Register now to get rid of these ads!

Grundy P's me off!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Michigander, May 6, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sanford&Son

Sanford&Son
    from Visalia,Ca

This 50 MG looks more like a 34 Ford

Attached Files:

• MGB.jpg
      MGB.jpg
      File size:
      33.4 KB
      Views:
  2. 1934 Ford roadster...

Steve

3. SakowskiMotors

SakowskiMotors

Bottom line: you do not have a 34 Ford. It is a hodgepodge, a radical full custom.

I am not buying it. This is a joke thread. Must be.

4. ratrodjunkie

ratrodjunkie

I built a 63 VW beetle about 10 years ago and I sent in all the information in to Grundy with my check. They came back a week later and said" Our underwriters have declined coverage due to excessive modification"
    They said that I had cut a hole in the roof with a saw to make a home made sun roof. They also said I had a blower on the motor.
    The car was a factory sliding rag top and the "blower" was a chrome stinger exhaust sticking out the back. I tried to explain that the sunroof was factory and the "blower" was just a chrome exhaust pipe. They had their mind already made up that they were not going to cover it. So I ended up just putting liability on it with my regular insurance company.
    [​IMG]

5. zmcmil2121

zmcmil2121

Knock dead gorgous car, but I am with the rest of the guys. Kinda hard to tell it is a ford, let alone a 34 roadster.

6. LOWCAB

LOWCAB
    from Houston

I do see the 34 in the doors and quarter panels but I can see other years also. I don't fault Grundy one bit. I see just about as much 40 Ford in there as 34 Ford.

7. zmcmil2121

zmcmil2121

Ha, funny.:D

8. brad chevy

brad chevy

I don"t blame them abit for disputing the photos,its looks more like an old Jaguar than a 34 FORD,they are just covering their ass and damn man,you said it was a third cheaper so get them the info they need and move on.

9. Blown Mopar

Blown Mopar
    from abc

All you have to do is send a copy of your registration. But hey man the 34 Ford in that car is hiding pretty well. I've seen a 34 Ford before and it didb't look a whole lot like that car.

10. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

My Mother would call that cutting off your nose to spite your face.:rolleyes:

11. tjet

tjet
    1. Early Hemi Tech

I agree. They not be as big as the others, but a very good company though. My $30k "agreed value" car only cost me $250 a year...

12. 29nash

29nash
    BANNED
    from colorado

Shit fire; Now that you point that out, it's obvious now. You nailed it, I was taken in. :D

13. T.W.Dustin

T.W.Dustin

Have you thought about picking up the phone and calling them? With a custom car, maybe a real conversation vs. emails and online forms might produce better results.

14. rodger6494

rodger6494

If you look at the pic you can see some of the original body line in the rear of the car..BUT only if you already know what you're looking for. That's a LOT of custom work.Looks really good by the way. I'd have to agree with most of the posts that you might be a little bit harsh with the insurance co.

15. ocfab

ocfab

is this a joke?

16. nico32

nico32
    from fdl, wi

Here's an idea, instead of airing out your problem on the HAMB why not look for a solution on the HAMB. Becky at Grundy tends to jump in on these threads when they come up. Try PMing her and come up with some kind of solution. Just a thought.

http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/member.php?u=73805

17. ROBERT JAM

ROBERT JAM

I had a 34 like that once only it was different?

18. Steves32

Steves32
    from So Cal

In the time you spent bitching about this- you could have sent them what they wanted & had coverage. For some people- everything is a battle. Pick your battles, life is too short!

19. ironandsteele

ironandsteele

ah dammit-i smell a "gotcha"

20. I don't get it - who gives a crap what it looks like, if I want an agreed value policy for X amount and I have a good driving and insurance claim record, I should be able to get it whether I have a '34 Ford or the fucking Batmobile.

Or, in the case of that car, an English sportscar made when the English sportscar was new, hot and expensive, and '34 Fords were worthless old junk, so someone made do with what they had - instead of today when it's the other way around, '34 Fords are hot and you can buy (a plastic) one new, and most of those MGs no one gives a damn about.

If they want to call it by some other name, so be it, but if the state and I agree it's an X, then that's what it is, even if they call it a Y.

21. fifTsix

fifTsix
    from TEXAS

what he said ^^^^^

22. The car is a real '34 Ford! Steve did a thread/post here on it when he found it.

Steve, send them a link to that thread and any other info you discovered about your car. Maybe that will help straighten things out. Grundy is a good company and I'm sure they work with you if you get to the right person there. Contact Becky, her HAMB name and email is: [email protected]

23. Swifster

Swifster

It's easy enough to take care off. Get a picture of the serial number off of the frame. That is identification. So would a description of the changes that were made. Part of assessing the value is understanding what they are insuring.

The Volkswagen is a little different. It should be pointed out that in the last ten years Grundy has switched companies that administer their policies. I've inspected to VW's similar to that one without issue, and one was a rag top.

24. Good Wood

Good Wood
    from pa

I just wasted ten minutes reading three pages of this bullshit.
    The punchline never came.

25. Stevie Nash

Stevie Nash

It's a business Dude, and that's no '34 Ford... well, not at first glance and replacement value on a '34 Ford is probably pretty high...

26. superjunkman

superjunkman
    from Austin, TX

It looks like an old kit car.

27. ironandsteele

ironandsteele

ha. yeah.

28. If you brought that vehicle in to the insurance agency I worked at, I would
    have wanted more info also. I'm no expert, but that doesn't look like the
    average Ford of it's vintage. Would have wanted a picture of an original
    model for comparison, then list of modifications and some pics
    to go along with that.

Old cars are often difficult to deal with when original, especially trying to
    find replacement parts in event of damage. Now you have a car with
    many modified parts that can't be bought.....would have to be special
    custom made.

Has the car been appraised by a qualified appraiser? How are you trying
    to establish the value? Many old cars can be looked up in the Value
    Guide magazines to get an approximate value......but they won't find one
    like this. Insurance companies will insure lots of things, but then sometimes
    they won't cover something they don't understand. Just my 2 cents.

29. Zombie Hot Rod

Zombie Hot Rod
    from New York

Grundy gave me trouble too when I tired to insure my '32 roadster (see picture below), I'm really not sure what the problem was.

[​IMG]

30. metalshapes

metalshapes

That is a well documented car.

Send them a link to Rikster's site....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.