Register now to get rid of these ads!

you guys got my T fired!!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by gladeparkflyer, May 6, 2010.

1. gladeparkflyer

gladeparkflyer
    BANNED

thanks to all you guys who helped answer the questions that were holdin me back. i been workin on this damn car for 5+ years and today, i got to hear it run for the 1st time!! still lottsa work to do but man, it SOUNDS like a car now! .... 1 foot pipes on the exhaust so any of my neighbors can vouch for the fact that it sounds like a hotrod! thanks again, it really means somethin to me that virtual strangers would take the time to help me out. hope someday i can return the favor.

Attached Files:

2. HARD EDDY

HARD EDDY

way to go. now your off and runnin . know the feelin 5 yrs on my rod too. gettin real close know . hat off to you bro.

3. steel rebel

steel rebel
    Member Emeritus

Love your avatar. Looks like mine after 5 years. Keep plugging along It'll all be worth it in the end.

4. busch

busch

way to go it's a good day for a ride

5. Ice man

Ice man

Some how it seems better when you can reach in turn the key and RUMP,RUMP, RUMP. AAaaaahh Sweet. Iceman

6. RUSTALOT

RUSTALOT
    from GA.

I know its a great feeling when it finally fires up. Good for you!

7. gladeparkflyer

gladeparkflyer
    BANNED

for awhile today, i was the coolest guy i'd ever met! i think i got some volunteer neighbor kids for totin the body around when i need to as well. they didnt get it til it made noise... they get it now though! hopefully a few of em will grow up not wantin a toyota pathetica with a GIANT wing cuz of what i showed em today... fella can always dream right?...

8. RodStRace

RodStRace

Now you know why the experienced guys always tell you to get the brakes working before the engine. The tempation is too great!

9. i was one of them kids 30 years ago.
    not a day goes by where im not doing something involving hot rods and ive never owned a toyota. lol.
    well done. enjoy that feeling.

10. Deuces

Deuces

The motor looks great!... Do yourself a little favor though...... Fix those plug wires so they're not bouncin' off your exhaust manifolds.... Trust me! You don't want that headache.

11. zmcmil2121

zmcmil2121

Bet that was one hell of a feeling!

12. brad chevy

brad chevy

congrats it doesn"t get any better until the day you put it in gear for the first time and drive .

13. gladeparkflyer

gladeparkflyer
    BANNED

i know i know, the brakes are next! and as for plug wires, you shoulda seen me tryin to hold em all up off the manifolds while the motor and i cackled maniacally... it was really just to prove to myself that a FREE motor is a decent place to start. :) the little carb fire at the end was fun too!

14. Oldskool27T

Oldskool27T
    from Tyler,Tx.

Congrats man I can't wait to hear my T coupe.

15. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Cool, that looks like a close relative of my old T and I had just about as many trials and tribulations getting it started the first time.
    [​IMG]
    Those headers were a five dollar Dallas swap meet find that my friends said were too outdated to run in the mid 70's.
    Now we need that first time down the block under it's own power video of yours.

16. gladeparkflyer

gladeparkflyer
    BANNED

wow! even my fuel tank looks like a 2nd cousin of yours! i just got it off a friends old stationary motor... you guessed it,... FREE!

Attached Files:

17. dixiedog

dixiedog

Awesome feeling isn't it. Just can't describe it