Register now to get rid of these ads!

cat pee on metal.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by lowstrung, May 2, 2010.

1. spinalremains

spinalremains

dont know what pissed in my car before i got it it, but it was definitely home to some critters, especially the back seat. this is what was (maybe i should say "wasnt")under the seat when i pulled it out...

Attached Files:

2. 1930roadster

1930roadster

I heard something about it on TV, called it cheezing, can get you high...

3. rixrex

rixrex

Cat piss is one of the most caustic, destructive chemicals on the planet..I used to collect and restore mid-century modern furniture, if I stuck my nose in an un-restored piece and smelled cp I wouldn't buy it no matter how fine it was..I made that mistake, take a chance and restore something fine only to have it still reek after being re-upholstered..The other extreme is my wife has spent $1500 to keep a cat alive for another three months!?!?...how much does a 22 round cost?...

4. Get a pit bull.

5. Lord Purple

Lord Purple

There's been a story (and outrage) in the newspapers over here (UK) recently about a bunch of apparently poisoned pussies. Someone in a town somewhere has been leaving out dishes of anti freeze which apparently cats love because of the sweet taste. Trouble is, they get wasted then O.D. on it permanently. Could the perp be a car guy I'm wondering?

Of course I'm not suggesting for one minute that anyone should try this at home.....

L.P.

6. lowstrung

lowstrung

Really? ok thanks for the info..I'll take a run to the auto parts store and get set up.

7. Carefull, it's also poisonous to dogs.

8. lowstrung

lowstrung

Lol..im just joking. It's cleaned up now. I just wanted to know if it's probable that it did dameg to metal or if any is left behind in corner crevices if it will harm anything.If it continues..or show's up on anything, I 'll shoot the cat and buy the lady flowers. I just cant have that shit happening to my stuff. Not everything can be locked up tight and the thought of old cool stuff I've collected getting damged over this..it wont happen long.

9. lowstrung

lowstrung

I just have one more question on this subject. I cleaned it all up off the floor...and took a wire cup brush to it..down to metal and put some epoxy primer on to seal it until later. Would that be enough? Or should I have cleaned the bare metal with one of these products or something before shooting the primer? Does this piss get INTO the metal? Or just on the surface and cleans off? I am paranoid now, the body has nice metal in it and I want it back the way it was before this thing discovered it's new playhouse.

10. holeshot

holeshot
    BANNED
    from Waxahachie

LOWSTRUNG....WOW DUDE the cat piss special? that's just to much information...POP.

11. rustymetal

rustymetal

you have not smelled nothing until you get a trunk full of weasel piss .
    had to sell the car.

12. 1320/150

1320/150

I had a 57 that was full of cat piss also. The car still had some good pieces,but it was god awful hving to get them off.... this is what i did with the car....
    [​IMG]

13. Dr. Frankensickle

Dr. Frankensickle
    from Kansas

I never shoot cats.........with anything larger than a 50 bmg or smaller than an RWS .177 pellet rifle.Good luck getting rid of cat piss, years ago a cat pissed on some real magnesium wheels I had,ruined em ........the cat came up missing.....I saw the cat do it and hosed em down right then,still too late.

14. nutajunka

nutajunka

Had a cat at the fram and when he was young, another guy carried him around on his shoulder. So the cat turns into a big tom and still thinks he should sit on peoples shoulders. He would run as fast as he could, jump on a tractor tire and then on your back, claws and all. Well one day he didn't get his slick run started without me seeing him out the coner of my eye, and right before he got ready to jump I kicked him like a superbowl field goal. He stopped after that. :rolleyes:

15. lowstrung

lowstrung

Does anyone have experiance using paint thinner or an acetone on piss? Know if it reomoves it all clean enough for prep?

16. lowstrung

lowstrung

Just an update if anyone cares. I bought a product called Natures Miracle for cats. It says it has a Bio Enzymatic in it. I sprayed the shit all over using a spray bottle. The spots where the piss was pooled and dried, i soaked it..saturated it, let it sit for half hour..then scrubbed. I kinda went over kill and sprayed the shit everywhere. I hope it's harmless on metal. The worst spots on the car are not bad. Stained, pitted, but the metal is fine...once painted it will be fine, and it is interior metal. So I am happy if the Acid in the piss is done...if this natures miracle stuff broke it down and neutralized it. And that is what I just want to be sure of. No major harm to metal..nothing morte than what coarser surface rust leaves metal like. This piss has got me so stressed out about the damage and worrying that is is not done fucking my metal.