Register now to get rid of these ads!

Dammit, got laid off.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 29NashRod, Apr 30, 2010.

1. Grumpy

Grumpy
    from NE Ohio

Well, since this is back up top..
    Im a few days into my new job. Its been along time..

Im wore-out..beat up.

I found out how soft Ive gotten since being off so long.

I make 40% of what I did, but Im thankful as can be for this job. And I found out being a Steel-worker isnt all peaches and cream..:D

So stay strong fellas, and I know this is strayed from the op's topic. He deserves a lawyer to get him some funds for being put through what they did.

2. lorodz

lorodz

been laid off for a year and a half now ....in unemployment .it really sucks ..had to make cut backs on everything im used to, finally find a job worked for 1 month to only get laid off again ..work is very slow in my area ..i enrolled into college so i can take some credits while i look for work ...it really sucks but looking for a job is a full time job..good luck finding work

3. Topless Ford

Topless Ford

Are you .gov or service related? Seriously, I have had five knee surgeries and one shoulder done and i was told no disabilty since it wasn't in the service of the .gov and I am 42. I could walk any 18 yr old into the groound if it were flat but put a set of stairs in and it is game over.

4. TrannyMan

TrannyMan

Hell, My shop is so slow I feel like I am laid off. Been paying to go to work for the last couple of months.....

5. Not laid off yet and counting my blessings to all those who are take it one day a time and keep going.

6. rustyhood

rustyhood

I was so glad to read you found work. I said screw it and retired.

7. Congrats to you man!

And Cinco De Mayo is pretty much a made up tourist holiday to sell beer. Sure the Mexicans beat the French in a battle but for most folks not related to the tourist industry in Mexico it is just another day. My wife lived in country for a couple years.

8. KJSR

KJSR
    from Utah
    1. Utah HAMBers

If you are in aviation, PM me. The company I work for is hiring in the LA area....

9. borndead327

borndead327

WOW!!! glad my taxes help you out