Register now to get rid of these ads!

Tips on sanding/painting

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by flyingbohemian, May 5, 2010.

1. flyingbohemian

flyingbohemian

Well, the time is getting close hear to sanding down the old paint and getting it all painted up. I have never done this, any advice? I am planning on a flat color, most likely a forest green or slate blue. I need to get it down to the metal, and fill a few holes that the previous owner thought would be cool to drill in(accessory badges). Any help is greatly appreciated.

Also, any pics of flat toned cars? preferably blues and greens, not black(already seen that a couple times)

Thanks!

2. ajwhiskey51

ajwhiskey51

Do a search, lots and lots of info out there on both subjects. Quickest way to irritate people on this board is to not search first.

3. lowelife

lowelife

If you want the whole truck down to bare metal (which is quite an undertaking for a first time) check in to soda blasting. The little extra cost will save alot of work and time. jmho

4. flyingbohemian

flyingbohemian

I've done a bit of research, got a book etc. I find many people have many different opinions, I like to hear them all. Easiest and efficient...if there is such a thing, is the route I'm going for.

5. Captain Freedom

Captain Freedom
    from Upstate SC

When you get it down to bare metal tell everyone to keep their greasy hands off of it.