Register now to get rid of these ads!

How do you visually tell the difference between an f1 box and an f100?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by delaware george, May 5, 2010.

1. delaware george

delaware george
    from camden, de

i've searched on here,but didin't find my answer...i thought i had an f1 box for my rpu,but now i'm thinking it might be an f100...i need to get a pitman arm and was wondering what i should look for...thanks for any input.

george

2. My suggestion would be to download some catalogs from Dennis Carpenter or other truck suppliers and they will answer your question. They usually have drawings.
    Not all the F! are the same as the box sides have stampings for the fenders on some and not on the others.

3. cheemo

cheemo

I don't know about the truck box but I do know some about the trucks themselves. If it came with things like a dome light, arm rests, a lighter, visors or automatic transmission it is not an f1. If it does not have these things it does not mean that it is for sure an F1 either. Also someone may have added these things.

4. Corn Fed

Corn Fed

F100 the mast is above the arm. F1 the mast is below the arm.

5. delaware george

delaware george
    from camden, de

thanks skidmarks....i bought it thinking it was an f1,but there are only a few splines and an indent on the shaft...so i guess i need an f100 pitman,unless there is a better one for a model a apllication.

6. delaware george

delaware george
    from camden, de

thanks again for the insite,,if you have an f1 box attached to one of those pitmans,maybe i'll hit ya up....lol