Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Austin HAMB'ers...this Monday, Austin Die-cast Drags!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Jobe, Apr 27, 2010.

1. BLAKE

BLAKE

Exciting racing action!!!!

2. Tommy R

Tommy R

Picked up a '63 Thunderbolt at the store last night. Might do some portin' & polishin' before the next race so I'll have a chance against some of y'all's rocket ships!

3. moter

moter

looks like the left lane won!!

4. senior fried

senior fried

Only the Yay-Hoos would have a photo finish set up ! Way Cool ! Just a regular Monday night in Austin ...

5. drock6570

drock6570

I didn't race but STILL HAD A BLAST!!! Thanks Jobey- Best D&D in awhile. Ill post the phone video I have as soon as i figure out how

6. Jobe

Jobe
    from Austin, Tx

Awesome video Blake...

So anyone here good with electronics? I have a thought about a more accurate finish gate...

7. PUMPKINHEAD

PUMPKINHEAD

8. L.A.W.

L.A.W.
    from Austin

Not that I am competitive or anything, but it does look like the left lane took it on that one, but it was so close we went again and I am SURE I won that race! ;) hahaha

-Laura-

9. Jobe

Jobe
    from Austin, Tx

Nice signature there Laura! ;-)

10. L.A.W.

L.A.W.
    from Austin

Hahaha...thanks Bryan. If the shoe fits...

11. Moe

Moe

Hey Guys and .... GALS ..... I was in the left lane .....

Blake is the instant video replay official of the track … !!
    <O:p

[​IMG]

And the winner is .....?
    <O:p
    Let the HAMB ..... Decide … Vote after the video replay .... <O:p

12. Jobe

Jobe
    from Austin, Tx

oh man, this is going to get nasty...and going to be the ultimate rematch...

13. BLAKE

BLAKE

14. Jobe

Jobe
    from Austin, Tx

Welcome to the world of diecast racing!

15. headhunter

headhunter
    from Austin, TX

Yeah - Jobe and I have been emailing about that stuff. I say he should take a collection and get the blutrack and "The Judge" timer and do this all legit!

Last edited: May 5, 2010
  16. L.A.W.

L.A.W.
    from Austin

I obviously vote for my speedy little vet because we had a rematch and I obviously took the race! :p If it means that much to you I'll be happy to give you the certificate. :rolleyes:

17. DesignIt

DesignIt

You guys are too cool! And Blake is the king of photography and video! I built a track like this back in '01 when there was no plastic track available so I had to make mine out of masonite and plastic trim procured from Home Depot. I used a timer from these guys: http://www.microwizard.com/ Check out the photo and you'll see my "deceleration box" made out of foamcore and foam padding. It worked really well and we had a blast with it until the enthusiam died out and I gave the whole thing away. (I have more confidence in the Yay-Hoos making this a tradition.) Of course the real fun was in modifying the cars for more speed. Hint: Don't waste your time making a car full of lead like I did. It's a lot more important to have good wheels. Well, actually, it's a lot more important to just have fun!

Attached Files:

18. BLAKE

BLAKE

Uh-oh... I know it's getting serious when we get DESIGNIT to chime in!!!! How ya been, JOHN?

19. Dead Pan

Dead Pan

if you can find one of these, its a ringer

[​IMG]

20. BLAKE

BLAKE

Here's how I see it - Laura won the event, but we're still not sure who has the fastest car since, all told, you guys each won 2 of 4 races against each other (including the final 'Winner take all!')... unless I'm missing something...?

Total grudge match material.

21. 54BOMB

54BOMB

I went right from work to the store yesterday and found some of the "dragstrip demons" series Hot Wheels , looks really cool , I wonder how fast they would be with the rubber tires or if the plastic 97 cent versions are better?

22. Jobe

Jobe
    from Austin, Tx

Plastic is better...but those are really nice cars!

I'm going to have to set the track up at home...got the bug to do some racin'!

23. PUMPKINHEAD

PUMPKINHEAD

I ran a '57 Chevy Hot Wheels w/ rubber tires against Laura and lost. From what I read rubber tires don't do that great.

24. 54BOMB

54BOMB

I think too much grip would slow it down. Some of the funny cars are a heavy chunk of metal.

25. Devonrod

Devonrod
    from london uk

To have REAL Austin die-cast drags you need one of these-

[​IMG]

An Austin !!!!!!!!!!!!

26. Now I know the real reason we missed you at "Slots of Doom"... you were getting a car ready for this!

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Xs0mtMxqN14&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Xs0mtMxqN14&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

27. DesignIt

DesignIt

Doin' great. Of course the company you left started suffering immediately after your departure. Now they are completely selling out to the Chinese, but other than that, things are pretty good. Actually, I think I can pinpoint the decline of the Houston area business world to the day you (and your much renown "genius" quality) left for Austin. :)

John

28. Javier

Javier
    1. Strugglers C.C.

Looks like I had more beers than that camera did:eek::DI never said I was perfect.Hey Moe and L.A.W. guess there needs to be a rematch for sure.Nice video Blake,we watched it over and over but it wasn't that clear Monday night.

29. Javier

Javier
    1. Strugglers C.C.

oops:eek:

30. Even thought I totally lost in the first round, I will race and probably lose again. I do not care that was a blast!