Register now to get rid of these ads!

which gm wheel studs?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by mink, May 1, 2010.

1. mink

mink
    from CT

Hey guys want to run centerlines on my 32 chevy which has a disc brake from end that uses 70-77 Camaro/Firebird 73-76 Chevelle/Monte Carlo rotor and caliper (or GM equivalents).

Any one know what studs are run on these or where i can find that out?

The special lug nuts dont thread on enough of the stud thats on the rotor. I need longer studs.

any advice as to removing the studs and intalling longer one?

Thanks

2. mink

mink
    from CT

anyone know where i can figure this out the stud size

3. ECIGUY

ECIGUY

If your centerlines use a conical seat style lug nut you need the ET style lug nuts which project down into the hole in the wheel.

4. mink

mink
    from CT

Ralph I've got the correct lug nuts but they only thread a half inch on the stud. I need longer wheel studs. What I was looking for was the size of the studs on that are on the 1970-1977 camaro firebird disc rotor. I want to make sure i can get a longer stud before i damage/ remove the original studs

5. enjenjo

enjenjo
    from swanton oh

Attached Files:

6. sheddynz

sheddynz

Hey guys.
    I have got my bop 28 spline axles but the wheel studs I bought are a fraction over 1/2 " knurl. The studs are 7/16 20 but my axles have smaller holes around 0.44" do you know what size knurl I need for the press fit. Thanks

7. sheddynz

sheddynz

All good I worked it out I needed the Dorman 610 186 wheel studs [not 610-025 .564 knurl] they are .472" od knurl with 7/16 20 threads. So if anyone buys standard gear 28 spline replacement axles for BOP 8.2 rear end they are the ones to get. Im 99% sure this is correct but will report back when I have them installed. I wont know if I have to ease the axle stud holes yet. Cheers