Register now to get rid of these ads!

1940 Plymouth PT105 Truck

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by bubbletopbuick, Apr 11, 2010.

1. bubbletopbuick

bubbletopbuick
    from Indy

2. Locomotive Breath

Locomotive Breath
    from Texas

3. bubbletopbuick

bubbletopbuick
    from Indy

Its an early Plymouth truck. 1941 was the last year, until the 70's, for plymouth trucks. There isn't much information I can find let alone parts.

4. bobw

bobw

[​IMG]
    Here's the one I'm working on now. What kind of parts do you need?

5. bubbletopbuick

bubbletopbuick
    from Indy

Not quite sure just yet. Yours looks very similar to the condition of the one my dad has. His doesnt have the original wheels and bed. I know his is missing the driver's side marker light (on top of the headlight.)
    Just want to know what parts are available for these trucks. Is your's running?

6. Try www.dodgepowerwagon.com for cab and bed parts, since there is a lot of interchange between the Plymouth and the WC-series Dodge trucks. Cab, doors, glass, dash, and a lot of other parts, too.

7. ssgkennedy

ssgkennedy

I have a PT-81 hiding in my garage, along with a pair of 41 dodge parts trucks. I have tons of spare parts and am willing to get rid of them, I am just unreliable and slow to get them out. Busy with family and work. But if anyone needs a cab for a 40+, I have two in pretty good shape.
    As far as info on them, my best resource has been the 39-47 dodge truck group on yahoo. Good bunch of guys. They are working on a p/n interchange list that saves a few dollars. There was a book called "Plymouth Commercial Vehicles" that has some neat pictures of them. And Vintage Truck? mag is working on a 46? Dodge, lots of things apply to our trucks. Very few things changed from 39 to 47.

8. 4woody

4woody

9. Railroad508

Railroad508

I have a 1940 Plymouth pt105 I'm looking for the hood trim, the long piece

10. Dodgeit

Dodgeit

I need the long vertical chrome grille trim