Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage ###Pasadena Reliability Run 2010,pic's###

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Bad Bob, May 1, 2010.

1. Dennis Lacy

Dennis Lacy

Gaters Chris,

Thanks so much for posting all those awesome pictures. The mountain driving ones are especially BITCHIN! That caption about the two guys watering the bushes is freaking hilarious! I also loved the picture of my boy Christian and I heading for the drivers meeting. Lately he doesn't go anywhere without that stuffed elephant and was holding it especially tight that morning with all those "strangers" walking around, lol. But, when he heard the cars fire up getting ready to be sent off he was draging me by the hand to go watch them all drive by. 6 years old and he's already hopelessly infected!

Thanks to everyone who has posted, you have no idea how good all the endless positive comments, pictures and videos make us feel! We're so glad that you all enjoyed this thing this much and from the sound of things we have some gigantic shoes to fill next year.

Thanks also to everyone who came to watch and donated a few bucks for parking. We also put a donation jar next to the coffee and doughnuts just for the hell of it since they are there first and foremost for out participants and you guys filled that thing up too. Seriously, the $$$$$ we got out of it will go a LONG way to helping cover the costs of the run.

-Dennis-
    PRC Reliability Run Chairman

2. HAHAHAHA!!!! That's classic.....

3. Berdoo John

Berdoo John

Ok here are the first 45 roadsters to leave the start. I wasn't sure on the spacing between starts so I didn't follow the first 2.

The second half will be up tomorrow.

4. The best thread yet this year! This an event I'd love to see someday and it looks like as its as close to Hot Rod Nirvana as you can get! Thanks for all the great pics Bob!

5. I agree except for one point Jerry, it aint in the Black Hills or Badlands@

6. Laurent

Laurent

Thank you all for pics, videos, and stories.
    I wish be there one of this day...

Last edited: May 6, 2010
  7. LabRat

LabRat

Congratulations to all that ran , the organizers and thanks too for the photo's
    What a timeless event .....

8. where are the now?

9. 65 impala

65 impala

thanks for taking the time to post bob:cool:

10. NealinCA

NealinCA

Thanks for all the great pics. If you've got any more of my rpu "in action"...I'd love to see them.

I feel bad now that we passed you down on the flat. I didn't know that Billy had troubles. I woulda stopped and helped...seems like you get to know people better after some roadside repairs...just glad it wasn't me this year. :)

Neal

11. slick39

slick39
    from dallas ,ga

Thanks Bob for the coverage and pic's

12. Gaters

Gaters

Neal,

I do have more shot of your roadster. As you passed along the way he told me that you'd broke down last year. We were already experiencing problems when I took shots of your RPU. Send me a PM with your email address and I'd be glad send you what photos I have.

McFly (Jared) stopped and held ground with us as we went through the fix together and we ended up hanging around the rest of the day. It was fun to get to know those guys.

I'm glad you had a clean run this year. I was glad we got to finish too.

Chris

13. Cyclone Kevin

Cyclone Kevin
    Alliance Vendor

All I can say is "that's one fine tub"!

14. Cyclone Kevin

Cyclone Kevin
    Alliance Vendor

We had 2 sweepers, C'Deuced and I stopped,inquired and they said that they had it all figured out, I saw them pass MT Baldy Lodge, so they were on their way back. We didn't see anyone that was DOA, so this year was a good trip 4 us, last year I wore a shirt full of petrol=Lol!
    Always love to be the sweep!

15. dmw56

dmw56

Great photos and videos!

The 32 Roadster in post 3 the first and second picture is my friend Frank Brown from Los Lunas, NM.

Post 3 Hot Rod Haven Jacket is either Jamie or JJ Johnson of ABQ, NM. They build awesome hot rods and are just great guys!

Last edited: May 6, 2010
  16. SinisterSpeed

SinisterSpeed
    from Reno, NV

This was by far one of the best events I have ever been to! This was my first time attending this run, and was something I have always wanted to do, but I didn't have a roadster. I couldn't sleep the night before, I felt like a little kid on Christmas Eve again!! All of those great roadsters all in one place made for a killer car show, but to see them all driving down and winding through the canyon turns was the closest thing to 1949 again!! I only had 2 tanks of fuel run through my roadster before this run, so I had no idea how my rig would hold up, but it did without skipping a beat. Winning the best roadster is something I would have never imagined in my wildest dreams, and is something that I will forever remember and place as one of my biggest accomplishments ever. My face hurt all day from smiling and laughing so much from having so much fun looking at all the great vintage iron. Thank you Dennis and the rest of the PRC for keeping the tradition alive! I also drove the roadster back home to Reno after the event, 7 hours, almost 400 miles. One of the best weekends ever, I can't wait till next year!:)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

17. Berdoo John

Berdoo John

Next year I will be standing in line with Bob with my "Will Navigate for Ride" sign. ;) Either that or, with permission, I'd love to stake out a spot on the route and video the roadsters going by at higher speed (with a better camcorder too).

Here is Part 2. Enjoy!!

18. SinisterSpeed, that's the best looking '34 Roadster I've ever laid eyes on!

19. Yes, because it's not snowing there today!:D

20. Crazydaddyo

Crazydaddyo

Thanks for taking the time to make these videos. You did a great job.!!!!

21. Django

Django
    from Chicago

Man, threads like this really make me hate the midwest!

22. That's exactly the reason why I've sold my house and am moving to Prescott, AZ this year! Then I'll be within 375 miles of fun stuff like this!:D

23. Cyclone Kevin

Cyclone Kevin
    Alliance Vendor

Bud needs to down south where he belongs :D,
    As far as I'm concerned, During his tenure @ R&C, He along with Medley, Smith and Staff put the Hot back in Hot Rodding, They performed the Ultimate Reliability Run and drove to the middle of the country in restored Hot Rods.
    Kudos to Bud for getting back in the drivers seat where he belongs! Hope ta see him @ #12 RR.

24. dmw56

dmw56

No, thats' the best looking Roadster ever period!

25. stretch 1320

stretch 1320

Really cool pics as usual Bad Bob, thanks for sharing!

26. OLLIN

OLLIN

Have the Timing Tags gone out yet? I registered the day of the event, and I havent received mine in the mail yet...

27. OLLIN

OLLIN

I got it in the mail, the day after I posted this. They look really nice!