Register now to get rid of these ads!

Tn. Hambers, everybody high and dry?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by STILL OLD, May 4, 2010.

1. STILL OLD

STILL OLD
    from tennessee

As You know, middle Tn. got 15 in. of rain in 48 hrs. Are all You Hambers
    Ok ?

Buzz

2. madgrinder

madgrinder

Nope... I didn't like it!

It reminded me of Florida.

3. duste01

duste01

4. slobroy

slobroy

Had a river running through the yard, and the sink-hole, which is fed by an under ground spring filled the back yard. Luckily the house and garage were at a higher elevation. I just bought a mobile soda blasting business and I have 130 bags of soda in the shop.

5. poboyross

poboyross
    from West TN

LOL...my folks in Millington got you beat!!! Last tally was 15-16 inches in less than 24 hours. I think they got another 2-4 after that. I'm VERY thankful that they were all fine, as they live on the 3rd highest point in the area/region. If they were under water then Memphis would be looooooong gone! Only bad thing was that our pond overflowed over the spillway, hopefully it didn't mess with the young fishies we plan on catching this summer :p

6. injunjoes

injunjoes

we had 18 inches in 24 hours, i was very lucky i still have not figured out how my shop didn't flood esp. being at the bottom of a hill. so i locked myself in all weekend because there were no distractions and got some things done.hope everyone else is doing well

7. Kennedy got wet....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

They are drying out now though. Got all the cars out before the water came in.

JH

8. OH NO,,:eek:,Hard to believe what I have seen the past few days about the flooding and it seems Knoxville was spared all the flooding,,at least it was at the park. HRP

9. Yeah, east TN only got some rain. Middle & west TN got it bad.

JH

10. 6erwebb

6erwebb
    from Nashville

I walked out to the shop (I live on a hill) to a bit of water on my floor getting this one box a bit wet and came in the house complaining. Then turned on the news... All I could think of was thank god my cars are in a high spot.

11. My Wife's father and brother live in Gordonsville..

Cant get a hold of them.

How's that area looking?

Havent hardly seen anything on the news about it..
    New Orleans was 24/7 coverage..WTF?

12. Zeke

Zeke

We were lucky here in Clarksville, better than most areas. School has been closed so far and Ft Campell has been running mission essential personnel only

13. Fuck, many know we were flooded in 07. I would wish fire on folks over dealing with a flood. With fire at least it is gone! With a flood you have a bunch of soggy shit.

14. madgrinder

madgrinder

This is the street in front of my shop and the truck lot across the way... Tuesday at 9am. Still flooded from the dams being "relieved". The shop and it's lot are an island in this lake.

That fence at the truck lot is a six-footer. Their property get lower the further back from the street... there is a beautiful red Peterbilt Classic sunk to it's windshield:(

I'm lucky the designers/builders brought in some fill and made high ground for our shop and lot.

[​IMG]

15. poboyross

poboyross
    from West TN

Because unlike TN this time, and MS during Katrina, a lot of people in New Orleans didn't get out of town when everyone told them to. People that don't heed warnings make a good story, apparently. If you remember, no one talked about MS, either....they still don't. They got hit as hard, if not harder than New Orleans.

This flooding is the worst I've *ever* seen in TN. At least half of the people I know lost their cars, scared to think about how many classic rides gave up the ghost :(

Last edited: May 5, 2010