Register now to get rid of these ads!

1951 chevy fuel filter thats side mounted?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by hotrodlolita, May 4, 2010.

1. hotrodlolita

hotrodlolita

i cant find a replacement for the one on my 216 motor it has the glass bowl but it doesnt go on top of the fuel pump, it connects on the side. any clues at where i should be looking for this.

Last edited: May 4, 2010
  2. shainerman

shainerman

I ran one without the bowl. Its there just to reduce sediment. Im not sure if it actually needs to be there. I had a full oil pressure 235 in mine and put on a newer fuel pump, I believe from a 60s Chebby

3. hotrodlolita

hotrodlolita

i have a 216, i sincei have one that mounts on to the side of the fuel pump so if i were to run it with out a top gas would be going every where. i can only seem to find the one on the one that sits on top of the fuel pump which does me no good.

4. worthop

worthop

Try Chev's of the 40's they should be able to help...

5. jcmarz

jcmarz
    from Chino, Ca

The glass bowl is just a filter you can use a fuel pump without a glass bowl. It's like your appendix.

6. hotrodlolita

hotrodlolita

i have tried chevy of the 40's but they dont have it... and theres a hole in the side of the fule pump that it i were not to put something into it gas would come out of the hole, im pretty sure

7. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

Don's Antique Auto Parts<TABLE style="MARGIN-TOP: 4px" class=ts><TBODY><TR><TD vAlign=top>[​IMG] <TD style="PADDING-LEFT: 8px" vAlign=top>37317 Niles Boulevard Fremont, CA 94536-1638 - (510) 792-4390

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

he has one of everything.

8. hotrodlolita

hotrodlolita

i'll give him a call..

9. hotrodlolita

hotrodlolita

it seems like it would be something that would hold the gas incase the car sat for a while...

10. I'm not sure I'm following what you are looking for but these cars came with a fuel pump that had a glass "dome" on top of the fuel pump( filter integral to the pump assy), AND a small glass bowl fuel filter up by the carb. You can get fuel pumps without the glass dome on top AND you can get fuel pumps that also have a vacuum pump on them as well (to help run the wipers). The pumps that are fuel only (with or without the glass bowl on top) should only have two holes in them, one for the line in from the tank, and one for the line out to the carb. The double action pumps will have more holes, maybe you have one of those on the car? I have the original 216 in my 52 and it has the glass dome on top type pump and had the small filter up by the carb too.

PS photos would help us determine what you are looking for.

11. hotrodlolita

hotrodlolita

you were right the whole is for a vacuum line.. im a retard :[

12. larry_g

larry_g
    from oregon

are you looking for a sediment bowl ? If so they are avaiable new at NAPA.
    lg
    no neat sig line

13. hotrodlolita

hotrodlolita

no i have one of thoes it is the fuel filter but i was off about where i thought i was supose to go because i have had the whole motor undone for a while and i though that i was suppose to go in a spot that it didnt.