Register now to get rid of these ads!

who has a secret "fund" ?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by ironandsteele, Apr 29, 2010.

1. bigalow49chop truck

bigalow49chop truck

just dont put money in a pair of old pants thinking she will never do something with them.good will loves new pants with 1800 dollers in the front pocket because my wife did some spring cleaning and I told her that I was saving for her a new ring haha

2. catbox

catbox

i used to scrap the old furnaces and air conditioners that the company i worked for had to pay to haul off.

it saved him money and made me alot.

i have a big yard in the back and she really didnt like to look at it since i was injured on the job and couldnt do anything with it for a while but it was still worth money. i had a friend that was down on his luck that i asked if he would like to have it, my backyard was clean in two days and he was $500 richer.

she never asked for any of it unless we were headed the wrong way and then i would just use it without being asked too. ya know those pesky health insurance bills, lights, little things like that.

now we have some backlog and i asked her for a car, she said yes and that is when we bought our 54 chevy.

3. chopped

chopped

Thanks for reminding me how great my wife is. 30 years of sharing has worked out well for both of us.

4. Trucked Up

Trucked Up

I never have a secret fund because I always spend it on a secret project.....................:D

5. BAILEIGH INC

BAILEIGH INC
    Alliance Vendor

6. wolfers

wolfers

My wife and I do the his, hers and ours thing with the money. BUT, we have split all the expenses on the 40 chevy project. She really isn't a car person but she knows how I feel about cars and supports that all the way around. I mean how lucky can a guy get? Great day in my life when she came on board.

7. 29AV8

29AV8

Rat Hole Money. seems like it is a lot easier to spend than save.
    I thought all Men did this.

8. BOWTIE BROWN

BOWTIE BROWN

i've been with mine for 38 years, i think if one has to stash anything something ain't kool. Hang your dirty laundry on the line brother , because when ya spend it you'll going to have to ...... Honey ! ! !

9. Dean Pearson

Dean Pearson

I personally would never ever do that!
    God forbid she ever found out....Found out I am capable of saving that is.
    I just buy it and eventually she gets over it. When I bought my car, a 52 Studebaker two door hard top I just went to the bank, borrowed the money and bought it.
    Told her about it two weeks later, waited six weeks for the storm to blow over and then brought it home.
    Wasted six perfectly good weeks cause when it got there the shit storm started all over again.
    Now two years later she hardly notices it any more!

And yes it was totally worth it.

Dean.

10. low budget

low budget
    from Central Ky

This may have already been said (didnt read the whole thread) but to the guys that had the stories about hiding 2000 in a boot and 1200 in the pill bottle and the wifes unknowingly throwing them away........did it ever occur to you that they were onto your plot? and thought it just as fair as what you were doing to take the money and just say they unknowingly threw the stuff away?

It would be funny if they eventually gave the money back:D
    Not so much, if they didnt:eek:

11. RAG66

RAG66
    from WASHINGTON

I stay out of the bars and away form the bad influences in life. The better half lets me make good decisions with money, WE buy cool car stuff and go cruising together... it's all in the details, do the right thing and you both are happy. It is about being on the same page. :cool:

12. go ahead... ask me about my vow of silence

13. holeshot

holeshot
    BANNED
    from Waxahachie

SHOOTER...If i told you it wouldn't be a SECRET! HA!...POP.

14. Kramer

Kramer

Yes I have a stash, no it is not secret.

15. NO I DO NOT. Nor do I have an extra case of beer at all times --- just in case.

16. BAD ROD

BAD ROD

Fully agree. I'm quite suprised that so many guys keep separate money.

17. Mazooma1

Mazooma1

If you feel that you are entitled to have a hidden stash of money, I guess you guys would have no problem finding out that your wife is doing the same thing.....right?

18. RayMiller

RayMiller

Not so much a hidden stash of money but all the "on the side" wrenching I do I get to spend on my cars, not to much extra but it has bought me some nice stuff like some finned edelbrock valve covers and a nice finned pan!

19. Hogdriver

Hogdriver
    from VA

Easy....you run a fictitious add in the penny saver for what you want to buy with a ridiculously low price and a fake phone number.....show that shit to the wife and say "I had to buy this at this price. The dude who sold it must really be desperate." Not really legit but works like a charm.

20. HARDTOP-TK

HARDTOP-TK

Well said... My girl ASKED ME if we should open another account to help save some dough for my (our) '34. Money is one of the top reasons people get divorced...

21. coolstuff

coolstuff
    from Bettendorf

my wife and I both used to have secret stash money........
    then the kids came along

22. cheemo

cheemo

I have no secret stash, but my wife doesn't complain. If I think it is worth while she doesn't say a word (It is always worth while). but I do have a source for finding cars. I teach auto mechanics at a high school. The students are all always on the lookout for anything they think i might find interesting (It is like my own little army of car spys).

23. junk

junk

Yeah No SECRET stash, but I get car money every month and my wife gets her money every month. We both know what each other get. We've had one check book for our whole marriage. Now what I sell in parts I get to keep in car money. This summer though the car money is turning into shop money. No complaints from me.
    <input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

24. 46inline6

46inline6
    from oxford

i work at a resto shop at night a do side jobs the money is all mine she knows about the money not what i do with it all mine to buy car parts and her gifts