Register now to get rid of these ads!

My shop just got robbed.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by gimpyshotrods, May 4, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gimpyshotrods

gimpyshotrods
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

At 11:30 in the morning, in broad daylight, I walked out of my office to find to guys filling their arms with everything they could.

I chased them off. They got away with just a few power tools.

I gave the descriptions and plate number to the local PD, but they are useless. In my city, they don't investigate property crime. I was told to fill out my police report online, and then call my insurance company.

They were both well dressed, and driving a nice car. Apparently, stealin' is good business.

I feel violated. Now that they know what is inside my largely unmarked and nondescript shop, I am afraid to leave it unattended.:mad:

2. smiffy6four

smiffy6four

Ouch! That bites! Time for big doggy!

3. scooterseats

scooterseats
    from East Texas

Where was your gun?

4. Master of None

Master of None

Wow that sucks, even worse it seems the authorities cant or wont help you out either. Sounds like you need to go on a finger breaking party run!

5. gimpyshotrods

gimpyshotrods
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

In my hands.

6. 100% Matt

100% Matt

Time for a shop dog.

7. smiffy6four

smiffy6four

Nah, my aluminum baseball is less noisy.

8. skullhat

skullhat

i sucks enough that gusy are gonna rip ya in broad daylight, but the fact that the cops are no help is outrageous

cameras , and dogs, and it sounds like you already have the other neccesities

skull

9. I second that. I just picked up an American Bulldog for that reason exactly. She's only 6 months and probably already 60 pounds and as tall as my kid.

10. Billet

Billet

Guns? He's in California.

11. Gas Giant

Gas Giant

Man, that sucks. Few things piss me off more than thieves. At least you got there before they emptied it out entirely.

12. Grinder~deville

Grinder~deville

Why dont you post their plate number, car make and model, and what they look like on here? Cops are for movies and speeding tickets. We should protect our own. I say post all of the information you have on the guys and hope that one of us finds them!

Sorry to hear about your shop!

13. Abone29

Abone29

Damn thats sad man.Seems like every day or two you see a new thread about somebody getting ripped off.It's time for some old fashioned vigilante justice,

14. kfleck

kfleck
    from spokane

If you have the plate number the local DOL or DMV should tell you the registered owner. Vehicle registrations are public record. don't tell them your going to break his fingers just say the car has been sitting infront of your business and you want to know whos it is or that it's has been abandoned. if you have any friends that work in the Collection agency business they have special ways of tracking people down.

Sorry to hear this. that sucks. cops in spokane are useless too. my hero's are the firemen. atleast they are there quick when you need them.

15. Fenders

Fenders

The cops don't investigate property crimes?
    Hey, didn't they assault you, push you to the ground as you approached them? Maybe the dicks will investigate that!

16. temper_mental

temper_mental
    from Texas

That sucks most times people like that will come back load the shot gun!

17. sperryhood

sperryhood

A nice 44 mag. would work fine. That what I have. sorry to hear about it.

18. pipty6

pipty6
    from Tracy

Your in Oaktown, just be lucky you were not a casualty.

19. Abomination

Abomination

If you had a "no trespassing" sign, ya could've shot 'em. ;)

~Jason

20. wolfers

wolfers

I agree with Grinder, put it out there so there is no rock they can hide under. I like the dog idea. Almost everyone is afraid of a growling dog. As for cameras, I guess they can act as a deterant but if the cops aren't going to do anything I wouldn't waste my money.

21. gimpyshotrods

gimpyshotrods
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Plates came back as stolen. Car probably is too.

I have cameras. The images would be perfect for conducting an investigation, if they did that here.

Taking the law into you own hands is a crime here, and one they often do not hesitate to prosecute. I am lucky enough to have not gotten shot myself.

22. wes

wes
    from san diego

[​IMG]

I would rather take a bullet in the leg than have doyle grab ahold of ya, cause he dosnt let go.

on guard.

[​IMG]

23. jreeder41

jreeder41

24. No,wes, not a pic of your dog, a pic of the culprits. Sheesh...

25. boldventure

boldventure

Kool Cat Kustoms in San Jose was struck by thieves a short time ago, now your broad daylight robbery!
    We had our cars broken into and stuff stolen in our own driveway one rainy night last winter. I threatened to put up video cameras, but didn't.
    Sounds to me like it might be time to install that video equipment!
    Anyone have any thoughts regarding the use of video images in actually apprehending this kind of perp?
    I know in your case it's like looking the barn door too late but maybe it would help in the future.
    Took too long responding:(

26. synthsis

synthsis

What about securing your garage a little better? I know some shops have 4ft chain link they wheel across open bays, that way the air & sun get in, but people don't.

27. Got insurance, Gimpy?

28. Special Ed

Special Ed

That blows. I know you've been wanting to get out of that area for awhile, too...:mad:

29. RichG

RichG

Definitely get a dog. Criminal types look for the easy score, they're not gonna dick around if they hear Cujo in there, plus dog food's way cheaper than having to hire a lawyer with your one phone call...

Last edited: May 4, 2010
  30. Texas Castle Law
    Senate House Bill 378

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.