Register now to get rid of these ads!

Tci tranny clanking?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by jhogan, May 4, 2010.

1. jhogan

jhogan
    from Aptos CA

Anyone have any idea why my new tci th350 makes a loud clanking noise when under no load. When I slightly open the throttle it sounds like someone is hitting it with a hammer. It also has a rattling noise when coasting in drive. I checked the flexplate, driveshaft play, motor /tranny mounts brand new. Help clueless. By the way other than that it drives good, fast,dangerous.

2. Buick59

Buick59
    from in a house

Its a TCI thats why

3. I scored a TCI T350 for free, same thing. My tranny guy opened it up and there was no output shaft bearing/bushing!

Other than that it had all the goodies in it as advertised.

4. Ratfink749

Ratfink749

Are your converter bolts tight? Hard telling otherwise. I've just gone 3 rounds with a TCI and it ended up having a cracked case (after being overheated). I'm done with them.

5. jhogan

jhogan
    from Aptos CA

Yea all my bolts are tight, I called them and depending on who you talk to you get a different answer. They want me to ship it back to them. it's out of warranty and they said they would" help me out". I think i'm gonna take the tranny to a local shop and have it fixed,

6. ocfab

ocfab

Trash
    Can
    Industries

7. Buick59

Buick59
    from in a house

Yup!

8. I don't like their shift kits either,,,,Sounds like they left the anti clunk spring (no shit thats what GM calls it) out. It's a little U shaped spring that keeps one of the clutch hubs from rocking back and forth.