Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage ###Pasadena Reliability Run 2010,pic's###

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Bad Bob, May 1, 2010.

1. Gaters

Gaters

Turned out to be bad points. Loosened the generator and water pump, removed the belts, undid the distributor, sanded the point, gapped em with an actual matchbook cover somebody had. Put it together enough to turn it over....NOTHIN. No start. Spark everywhere except out of the ignition. Er...better put the rotor back in first. Second time around, fired right up and running better than before. Thanks for the help Frank!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Back on the road.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Billy muscling through the winding turns
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Check point 2. I thought I'd lost my pink slip for the event and found it tucked under the seat cushion. I took a late photo exiting the 2nd post.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Back through town
    [​IMG]

2. Gaters

Gaters

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Home stretch
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Back at rest
    [​IMG]

He even had enough time to do a little wrenching.
    [​IMG]

Mmmm In & Out
    [​IMG]

Happy participants
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Remember that 80's poster that has the girls bent over those hot rods wearing bikinis. Yeah, well take a look at this!!!! Huh, know what I'm talkin bout? Yeah buddy!
    [​IMG]

Time for the awards
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Best time. With in 50 seconds of the actual time to complete the route. Amazing!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 3, 2010
  3. Gaters

Gaters

Best Banger
    [​IMG]

NAFF (Not a Ford Flathead)
    [​IMG]

President's Choice
    [​IMG]

Best Roadster
    [​IMG]

Best Deuce
    [​IMG]

The Winners!
    [​IMG]

Thanks again to the Pasadena Roadster Club for a tremendous event. I was honored to be able to participate in the capacity that I did.

4. Great pic's Gater!!!!
    I KNEW that guy in the Nebraska hat was RYAN!!!!!!! I think I even mentioned it in my pic's! Walked by twice and didn't say squat! Grow the WHOLE beard back,so everybody can know it's you,hahaha!!!!
    Terrific run coverage.....

5. fab32

fab32
    Member Emeritus

Thanks to everyone who contributed to this thread. What an awesome event. I like the sugestion for putting on similar deals in other parts of the country. How about doing one in the Great Lakes region. Anyone want to volunteer?

Frank

6. seatex

seatex

Badass pics and post, everyone! Thanks for sharing! I just spent an hour on this thread.....................worth every minute!

7. Limey Steve

Limey Steve
    Alliance Vendor
    from Whittier

Brilliant coverage , it's like doing it all over again but with the sun burn :)

Cheers

8. HellsHotRods

HellsHotRods

YOU COULDN'T PAY THE $5 THEY WERE ASKING to see such a fine collection of cars anywhere in the country! I was happy to hand Pete a $20 when I pulled in. If it weren't for all the members and volunteers starting this even back up, we wouldn't have such amazing gathering in one place to witness.
    my .02

Attached Files:

9. McFly

McFly

All they did was unzipped their McFly and let it McFly.

LOL...classic! I had know idea you took that. Great pics Chris!

Just ahead of us is Billy & Chris in the Calori roadster...the car is so bitchin', Billy even has an original Jack Calori timing tag on the dash!

10. TERPU

TERPU

No worries Mate, I wanted to give you a ride in her. I am infact the lucky steward of a timeless machine and that's the way I feel. IT's a priveledge to have been in the right place to have had it find its way to me. It seems to inspire smiles wherever it goes and I love it. I am hoping you come up to SC for the Woodies event or just to goof off, and grab your Brother we'll all go cruisin'.

After getting the "Miracle Award" my buddies are now calling it the Miracle Machine. I love it as it was a real honor to be given this award as I worked really hard on it to be there and make sure it would with fingers crossed come back to the parking lot if it was willing. Honestly after driving it on the Freeway that morning from La Verne at 60-65 in traffic I was on cloud nine, then pulling in I couldn't believe what I saw in the quality of people and cars. I was humbled and in pure awe! I hate to admit it but even if I wouldn't have made it out of the parking lot I would have been truly happy just to be there. Then to have made it back and have the honor to walk up front created a highlight/unforgetable moment in my automotive life. You guys put on an incredible event and if you need any help at all in any way I can I will be honored to be there.

Thanks again,

Tim

11. Jive-Bomber

Jive-Bomber

McFly, Gaters, Billy--

Really cool meeting you guys and getting to do the run with you! Glad everybody made it back OK, and I'm planning to join you again next year!

jay

12. Here's something you guys might enjoy!!!!! 1953 PRR flier!!!!

[​IMG]

AND MAP!!!!!!!

[​IMG]

13. McFly

McFly

Hey Jay,

Looking forward to it! I have to admit, it was really cool meeting you and Ryan. Afterall, I've been reading all of your threads for 9 years! It was about time we crossed paths in the real world.

Jared

14. Jim

Jim

That looks like a great time, a friend of mine is putting a roadster together right now as well as our neighbor and friend Bud Bryan putting a roadster PU together maybe we can drive down w/ Jay next year!!
    We do pretty good up here in Northern California too ;)..
    Maybe the question should be Where else but California???

Proof..
    http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=365056

15. HELLMET

HELLMET

like wise jared had fun this year even breaking down and fixing it. i guess thats what its all about. the comarodery. also haging with jay and ryan. stand up guys . jared you realy need to make it to elmo we can go jam around in the north 40. gaters bringing his car out too. billy

16. 29 bones

29 bones
    from so cal

Bob that vintage flyer and Map is cool.
    whats the story behind it,how did you get it???

17. Berdoo John

Berdoo John

Here's a teaser. I won't do the whole thing "grainy" like this, but I just got all the clips uploaded to the computer and wanted to try this out. I should have everything on youtube tomorrow.

18. A couple more photo's,

Attached Files:

19. Gaters

Gaters

Jay

Likewise. Had the run ended where we broke down, I still wouldn't have been disappointed. The whole experience and camaraderie was something out of ancient Hot Rod lore. My original plan was putzing around in my roadster taking pictures and ended up in one of the coolest roadsters ever as side kick. Getting to meet all you guys was all part of a making the day great.

Chris

20. TomH

TomH

We do.......... check out last year.
    http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=364477&showall=1
    We will be doing it again this year May, 20 - 23.

and thanks to all who contributed to this thread!!!

21. Cut55

Cut55
    from WA

Atlantic Avenue (with the s-turn over the river), Palos Verdes penninsula, Torrance Airport, old 101.

What was "Crest"?

Last edited: May 4, 2010
  22. CWPASADENA

CWPASADENA

23. Old-Soul

Old-Soul

Again, thank you to everyone for the fantastic photos! My coupe just won't do now, I'm hunting for a roadster...

24. fur biscuit

fur biscuit
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Bob, actually, this car is the "money shot". And there are the stains to prove it.

[​IMG]

25. cool37

cool37
    from SoCal

Great stuff!

26. Cyclone Kevin

Cyclone Kevin
    Alliance Vendor

27. I agree! I love Bobby's Roadster....Hopefully they didn't get any stains on each other,haha!

28. It's in the Renegades scrapbook. I saw it at breakfast a few months back. Trace is gonna let me make a copy of it so I can replicate the run. My pic is kinda hard to read.

29. Gaters

Gaters

I don't know if you guys noticed what a cheater Ryan is but his competitive nature did get the best of him at the PRC Run. After we'd stopped to check on Billy's problem with his roadster at the gas station, which Ryan admittedly doused with some mystery fluid, he and Jay swapped out their ride with the famous Tom Slick T-Roadster. I was lucky enough to snap this picture as evidence. That sumbitch is fast is all I can say. Funny, we didn't see hide nor hare of them until we got back to the finish...luckily.

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 4, 2010
  30. bonesy

bonesy

This is the perfect thread.

Great event.
    Great picture coverage.
    Great videos.
    Great additional shot by others.
    All comments have been positive.

Very Cool.