Register now to get rid of these ads!

Customs John D'Agostino '58 Olds

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Rot 'n Kustom, Jan 16, 2010.

1. socalmerc

socalmerc
    from socal

who use to build his cars before OZ?

2. Rikster

Rikster

ACME Auto Body and after those guys split up he went along with John Aiello, who is still building cars for him today.

Last edited: Feb 20, 2010
  3. bonez

bonez
    from Slow lane

Oh i see, thats sad! I feel for you, but sometimes there isnt any choice!
    Still you can always build another one someday!

4. studhud

studhud

Oz builds Bad ass shit period. And wicked is right read the wheel stand boards on john's cars or most of the others on the floor at these indoor shows then you know who did what and so on. Or are they lyin on there too:confused:
    Dave Hitch

5. Rikster

Rikster

OZ Kustoms recently uploaded some in progress photos of the 58 on their website... thought I added them to this thread... pretty amazing stuff.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. Very cool thread.

How many cars has John had built, and does he still own them all?

7. Rikster

Rikster

A lot.. and no he has sold many of them... I guess to help finance the next project.

8. glassguy

glassguy

wow thanks rikster! i almost shit when i opened this and saw it white!! i really needed these pics too, as i will be chopping mine next winter.. and it will be black this time, with candy lavender scallops.. thanks again.. dave

Attached Files:

9. PhatCaddy

PhatCaddy

Also Frank DeRosa and Son was doing the body and fab work before.

B

Last edited: May 3, 2010
  10. Hooligan63

Hooligan63

Okay,let's put some of the mud slinging to rest. John is a designer,not a builder. He designs what he wants the car to look like,then has people do the work on it,including Oz as you may have noticed. He's always given credit where credit is due. Now,as to where he gets the money to have these cars built? He sells quite a few of the cars,including CadStar which was sold to Travis Barker and has been the center of controversy due to Travis having claimed that he had it built,when it was built before he even knew about it

[​IMG]

11. bigguylilroof

bigguylilroof

ozzy, got your back bro!! Been up to the shop!! Beleive it was there when i was!! That's funny!!! Pencil pusher
    !! Hahaha
    p.s. Did john d build the merc too?? Lol

12. PhatCaddy

PhatCaddy

EXACTLY. BTW, I think DeRosa did the fab and body work on CadStar. John is a great promoter for the hobby too. I remember that 'Cribs' episode too where Barker says "we put air ride, we put ......" too funny.
    As a guy who loves the kustom hobby it is great to have such talent around and for most of the talent to be down-to-earth like Oz, DeRosa's and even Johnny D'.

Brian

13. flamed34

flamed34

Whether John D' builds them or has them built - they are always spectacular. My hat's off to those who perform the builds.

Maybe a decade ago (could have been less), John was displaying at the Charlotte Auto Fair...my father and I were passing through the display building where this "guy" was dusting (yeah, with the gay-assed duster) one of the cars. We were standing there commenting on it, thoroughly impressed, when the guy walked up and thanked us for our comments and intro'd himself as John. We stood talking for about 20 minutes...him talking about some of his cars, us talking about some of ours. Before we left, he pulled out a card and handed it to us, and said "...if there is anything I can do or you need to find out where to get something done..." or some such thing. Real class act. BTW...he didn't take ANY credit for the builds...spoke highly of the various individuals and shops he utilized.

14. bigguylilroof

bigguylilroof

Ya kinda like how at the autorama joe bailon candy apple award always goes to john d. Who is stroking who?? Is this love for cars all about politics??

15. bigguylilroof

bigguylilroof

Ozzy your the man and you know it!! No need to erxplain yourself anymore!! The guys who get up and do this shit everyday knows who builds them!!

16. Hey Dave,will you be making any appearences with the Olds this year??

17. I was there as well and spoke with him also...even trusted me to hang onto his bank bag (was selling t's i think) while he stepped away..also gave me a card with his personal number on back. was super nice to me.
    Hey Oz, did you tip the rear window and drop it into a channel??

18. glassguy

glassguy

hey larry.. maybe towards the end of the summer i hope, but doubtfull. ill keep ya posted.. ps new books here..

19. oz kustoms

oz kustoms

yes i did,

20. Royalshifter

Royalshifter
    from California

That car gives me chills.....I love all the stainless work.....makes you apreciate the craftsmanship. Way to go OZ.

21. any way I could talk you into explaining the details of that? I'm faced with doing that with my car(sinking the backlite) and would love some tips..

22. sylvian

sylvian
    Member Emeritus
    from Burbank

Another of John's cars - 1961 Oldsmobile "Aladdin"

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

23. oz kustoms

oz kustoms

no prob,ill tell ya just what to do,hit me up and ill get back to ya as soon as i can

24. oz kustoms

oz kustoms

bill hines did the top,and some of the custom touches,I did the body work, gaps, air ride,candy paint with red flake hood and trunk ,windshild,glass,stainless,assembly,and so on

25. sylvian

sylvian
    Member Emeritus
    from Burbank

The color you used is amazing. Really beautiful in person and especially outside in the sun. I love the heavier grain metallic on the top surfaces too.

Very cool. Nice work....!

Last edited: May 4, 2010
  26. oz kustoms

oz kustoms

thanks man,its candy red over silver

27. Hooligan63

Hooligan63

Actually,it was an episode of Pimp My Ride,and he made himself look like an ass,especially when he was talking about the windows not working because they "didn't fit right after he chopped the top",even though they worked fine when John had the car. Even worse is when he referred to the Winfield Bullets as "nipples",and stated the totally wrong colors for the paint.

28. bigguylilroof

bigguylilroof

that's funny! you know my cousins grew up with that clown and said he was a cool dude!! looks like he should stick to beating on drums and just saying" i bought it". what a knick knack!!

29. You have to wonder how much of that is Travis and how much is scripted stuff for a ridiculous show to make it more entertaining to the masses. Do you think even 1% of the people watching pimp my ride know or care who John D'Agostino is. I highly doubt it.

30. Of course, it was scripted. The guy's a drummer. They always have to level the stage to keep the drummer from drooling out the side of his mouth.