Register now to get rid of these ads!

Torque Fest May 2010 - mark your calenders

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by coolstuff, Sep 4, 2009.

1. LITTLE CAR

LITTLE CAR

Thanks for Forgiving me...lol...Little car had a good time!:)..just was bad of me,somethings ya just cant resist.:):)...Might want to move away from Skippy next time..:)But that WAS the nicest NEW coat I had seen...That nice white shirt was tempting on sat.:)..Should you guys ever need cleaned up,your always welcome at Ollie & my home!...1 warning...Lefty & maclutch just live right down the street.
    T BIRD GUY, I owe ya a wash job on the car...Hope I didnt hurt anything!.You guys are good sports & always fun to party with!!See ya at the Revival tent?!..lol..I Need a blessing from reverend Breeder,forgive the sins of "Little Car"..:)Hope to share a couple beverages...might have to buy ya a couple also!

Last edited: May 3, 2010
  2. LITTLE CAR

LITTLE CAR

Should anyone like to pay their last respects...yes,we will have a wake for her motor..She went out in a blaze of glory...doing alittle over the track speed with myself,maclutch(sister in law) & 2 of the most beautiful Women That can fit into the backseat:)..Got her as far as Monicello..that was it..Then this great guy from there stopped & said he could trailer:( her home...Bless his heart!!!so we was still home by 5:00..had a few beverages with him..His name is Cody & he runs a computer shop out of the Library in town...Super great guy!But ,Yes services start @ 6:00....Thanks to my crew for all the trouble,& hangin in with us until the very end!..They will also be pallbearers at the services!

3. Hellfish

Hellfish

Wow! Looks like it was a great show! Congratulations, John and all helpers! I wish I could've made it, but couldn't swing it with the family this year. I'll be there next year for sure!

4. slammed

slammed

Great turn out! Can you imagine how many more would have shown up if Friday clear and sunny? Much thank's to everone who showed up in support of a great cause. Now, git out and drive that ride!

5. ToddJ

ToddJ
    from Marion, IA

I really enjoyed meeting you too! I had an absolute blast and I look forward to seeing you guys at other shows around the midwest. BTW...my wife and I love our Porter tee shirts! Thanks!!!!

6. hodges

hodges
    from Indiana

RIP Little Car hampster cage

7. T_Bird Guy

T_Bird Guy

I just saw the pics that Zimm had took. I like the shots of my Thunderbird covered in mud. It just added to the fun of the show.

8. It was great seeing you again and working you Rocky!!! Don't be such a stranger!! I know I'm definatly glad you were at the show to assist in running everything, It was a great help!!

9. travisfromkansas

travisfromkansas

I got some great pics of your track time, noticed a lil smoke the last time you pulled off the track and hoped that it was just from tire rub from having 4 people :(

10. LITTLE CAR

LITTLE CAR

The block that we put together last year would never stop leaking..Which drove my husband/myself nuts!!
    Over the winter Super Dave did a redo on everything..Still leaked..redo again..same...So about this time its a week before Torque Fest..Drove it...stil a p.o.s.!!!...The husband said..Blow that @#%%@.
    As we speak,the motor is on its way to the machine shop...Think it had a crack in the block the whole time...But hey...Couldnt think of a better way to go!...Your pics are great!...Shown them off acouple times today!..Will be at Rust Revival in 3 wks!

11. LITTLE CAR

LITTLE CAR

12. magnet

magnet

Nice Show!

The Queen and i were there Saturday.. what a Beeeeaaauuutttiiifffuuulll day!

Lots of nice tin.. lots of super nice people.. good times.

Nice work John.

13. coolstuff

coolstuff
    from Bettendorf

My long winded analysis of the show................
    Thanks to all that showed up.

Yes it was the first year-I appreciate all the positive comments: "you did great for the 1st one" and
    "for a first time show it was good." I want this to be judged as a show on its own - if it was the 1st year or 9th year........email me and let me know what I should change.
    I appreciate all those positive comments and it has been really nice getting all the phone calls and texts from all you guys and gals telling me you will come back next year.......
    I sure hope so - all the show promoter people I have talked to say the 2nd year is even harder.
    I will start preparing now.

http://p4.hostingprod.com/@vintagetorque.com/ThanksTorqueFest2010.html

14. Hal_396

Hal_396

I liked the show John. Had a great time and look forward to next years event. I had a thought on the way home. When you out grow your present location, Tri-state is just down the road about 15 miles. That would be fun with lots of room and camping. Just throwing out an option just in case.

15. travisfromkansas

travisfromkansas

I will for sure be back next year, hopefully as a vendor AND bringing my ride, really had a terrific time, seeing all of those cars on the track was just too cool.

Here's a handfull of the track pics, I uploaded about 550 pics total to my site and facebook pages, hope everyone that didn't go takes a peek and shows up next year!

Attached Files:

16. Primed 39

Primed 39

Thanks John I had a great time at your show. I will stop making fun of your hat because I burned the hell out of my head. Looking forward to 2011 VTF

17. hodges

hodges
    from Indiana

Little Car this is when she was still breathin and packin 4 ladys.
    Lefty your busted
    And look what I found a old Western Flyer this is goin to be fun

Attached Files:

18. lo-buk

lo-buk
    from kcmo

John, I thought you had a great show. My son Shawn and I had a great time and plan to be back next year.

19. coolstuff

coolstuff
    from Bettendorf

Yes - we have to address some issues about possible growth with the Speedway - if they cant play ball with us - then we have to figure out something..........................

20. hotrodjeep

hotrodjeep
    from Tama, Iowa

Were can I sign up to volenteer for 2011?
    And my goal is to get a drivers patch for 2011. I have to decide on the Model A or a Jeep.
    OHHHHHHHHHH the possibilities. (Maybe a mix of both;) )

Thanks John, we had a great time.

Jeff

Oh and who owned the chopped/stock appering A sedan in the spectator parking?
    Black with wire wheels?

21. Jaker

Jaker

John

Thank you for a terrific show experience.

Myself and fellow Cheaters had a great trip, and would be more than happy to work 'night security' again anytime. (Luckily nothing caught fire, blew up, and no break-ins!)

Please be sure to thank the speedway staff that were more than hospitable, not to mention Joyce's homemade pork tenderloin sandwich's were of the chain!

Jake

22. LITTLE CAR

LITTLE CAR

your pics are great!!!..the one of the girls in the back window is my screen saver!....THANKS!!

23. Coupe-De-CAB

Coupe-De-CAB
    from Nor Cal

Wow John,
    It looks like the 1st show was a huge success! what a blessing:)
    I'm very happy for you and your family for putting together such an awesome event. Hope there's a way i can make it out next year somehow.

Congrat's and it's great to see the transition to where you are now in the business from when we first met ...very nice!

More pics please:)

best wishes,
    cab

24. coolstuff

coolstuff
    from Bettendorf

Steve! Hey baby! It is weird to think about how we would see each other 15 years ago at the toy shows........
    The good Lord above has definitely placed a lot of good poeple in my path that have helped out in so many ways. Countless really.

It would be so amazing to have you here next year.

Let me know what I can do to help that become a reality!

25. scoop

scoop

John I had a good time,except for the sun and wind burn.Count on me volunteering next year.

26. coolstuff

coolstuff
    from Bettendorf

Scoop - we would love to have ya come back down and volunteer - the whole volunteer system needs some MAJOR work fer sure......
    some did not show up - others that did were never able to actually work cause we were already winding down.....
    we are gonna have to have someone that is in charge of the volunteers - and that is their sole responsibility.

I am sure I will seeya at the Cheaters show or Back to the 50s this summer

27. PUNK RODDER

PUNK RODDER
    from KC, MO.

John,

All of the PUNK RODS had a BLAST at your show!! Hats off to you, your wife and especially to Hannah (since this was all a coming together to have fun and support her needs) Also to all your volunteers for a very successful 1st time out doing a show!
    Don't sweat the small stuff as far as people being upset or not happy with some minescule things. You can't make everyone happy when you are putting on an event that incorporates so many people. The true hot rodders that were there will most likely agree that it was planned out very well.
    Just for kicks, here is a link to the video Roberto shot of me, Shawn and Frankie burning up the dirt track. Oh that was fun! I wasn't the fastest, but I ran the piss outta that little A and I know I WASN'T the slowest!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=baCOgHcHcBs

Take care buddy and we will all see you in Salina.

</EMBED>
    </EMBED>

Last edited: May 4, 2010
  28. COS

COS
    from KCMO

Ok now I have to post mine!! John that was a blast going around the ol dirt track!! Now I can say my suspension passed the dirt track treatment!!

From the stands.....

29. springer

springer

I have one question about the model contest. When I went to the Torque Fest site it said that the first 25 kids 11 and under would get a free model. My son was one of the first and he never got a model.What happened ?

30. Stick Shift

Stick Shift
    from LENA IL

Hey Springer send me your address I will take care of it. I know why that happened and can tell you. Plus I need your address. Was your son the one with the stock car? You guys took off before we could get ahold of you. Sorry about that. PM me please.

Last edited: May 4, 2010