Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage ###Pasadena Reliability Run 2010,pic's###

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Bad Bob, May 1, 2010.

1. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

Thanks Don, I found the pictures of Ronnie's car on your sight. Didn't think anything as big and sexy as a '35 open car could go unnoticed!

2. superfan99

superfan99

I look forward to this run every year. Hav'nt missed one yet!

3. Cut55

Cut55
    from WA

Must have been complimentary wine and cheese at the Porsche event that day.

4. Cut55

Cut55
    from WA

Wow, that is a great photo! Reminds me of those Tex Smith photos in HRM when the LAR and BAR guys would road-trip to central CA. Tex would race ahead and stake-out a good spot to shoot from and wait for the caravan to approach. Nicely done Don!

5. Guess he doesn't own enough Roadster's to drive one :D

At least that appears to be a rare 1973 Carrera Sugar Scoop car.

6. HotrodVon

HotrodVon

What a wonderful run with great SoCal weather! The PRC sure did a fantastic job, Thanks Guys! I really enjoyed the drive up the hill with the switchbacks on the undivided road... made for a thrilling day in a hot rod roadster.

Can't believe I missed you Ryan... would of liked to talk.

[​IMG]

Keven

7. DRD57

DRD57

Ron Cole took most of the action shots from the passenger seat while I was driving.

8. TRuss

TRuss

If I could have my dream collection I don't think it would differ too greatly from Bruce's. I didn't mind seeing the GT 350 either. More importantly though, this whole event is simply amazing. Big thanks to everyone who has posted stories, photos and video. Thank you.

9. Awesome photo's bob!!! I must finish my roadster ahhhh!

10. scootermcrad

scootermcrad
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

WOW!!! Just awesome!!!

Great... Now I want a roadster. Hmmmph... Sigh...

Thank Bob and everyone else who posted pictures and videos! Just awesome!

11. KIRK!

KIRK!

LAME! Not enough rat rods!

12. JMPRO

JMPRO
    from So Cal

I have read the entire thread and your comment is the only negative one on it. Bruce Meyers is an all around good guy and a big fan of all kind of cars and has been for many years. Perhaps his choice of cars to drive that day was just to grab what ever was in front of his garage.
    [​IMG]
    And by the way , that Carrea RS is probably a $250,000.00 car that he drives regularly and its wicked fast. {but then its a factory hot rod}

13. I'm sure it was just meant to be "light humor",not nasty. Bruce is a great guy and loves talking Hotrods....ANY cars,for that matter!

14. Any chance of getting directions to the Restaurant?

15. Crankhole

Crankhole

Did they try to make anyone else pay for parking just to see the roadsters before the run?

16. Limey Steve

Limey Steve
    Alliance Vendor
    from Whittier

Bruce pushed the 34 "Roy Richter" car at the start as he was not running till he got to the front of the line, how many people in Bruce's position would volunteer to give a helping push ?
    Bruce is a Great guy .

17. CWPASADENA

CWPASADENA

We are a small club and for the past five Runs, we have not broken even with the expenses and the members were subsidizing the event. We could not continue on this way any more so to try not to go in the hole again this year, we asked for a DONATION for parking for those who were there to see the start of the event. A DONATION was not mandentory, it was voluntary. The very few who expressed any resistance at all were invited to go ahead and park and enjoy the event. By far, the majority understood and were glad to donate, several even put in way more then what we were suggesting.

We want to thank all who came to spectate and also those who did contribute. We need all the support we can get to be able to put on this event. Hopefully we can make next year's Relaibility Run even better.

Chris Wickersham,

President, Pasadena Roadster Club.

18. I didn't know that! I would have donated....I feel bad for not pitching in. Tell me where to send a donation and i'll send you guys some $$$$$

19. Cyclone Kevin

Cyclone Kevin
    Alliance Vendor

Yes Sam, It totally made my day! What a trip!!! Tim's a great steward for the tub! I hope that the thread does help the event and inspires other Hot Rodders to put a RR together where they can go execrcise their rods.
    Sorry that I missed you pulling out Tim, kinda got busy there at the end= :)

20. Cyclone Kevin

Cyclone Kevin
    Alliance Vendor

I 2nd that Chris, It's a pleasure to put this event on for our friends and I too that gets even better next year ;)
    Kevin Preciado
    Former VP-PRC.

Last edited: May 4, 2010
  21. Tank

Tank

Always beautiful stuff at this event! Never get tired of looking at pics from it.

22. Gaters

Gaters

23. All I see is a bunch of XXXX's! Where's the pic's pal?????

24. CWPASADENA

CWPASADENA

Bob;

I will tell you what, wait until next year and we will get your donation.

You have done way too much this year with all of your Awesome Pictures. This really adds to everything.

The Pasadena Roadster Club is not looking to make anything on the event. Our Pay Day starts early on the morning of The Run when all the GREAT Traditional Hot Rod Roadsters start to show up. All our Members have to work the event but one of these days, I may have to quit The Club so I can go on The Run Myself. It looks like way too much FUN.

Actually, we spend a lot of time in our own Roadsters working on the route. Early this year, we ran the Glendora Ridge Road when there was snow right up to the edge and at places across the road itself. The sun was out and it was one of the best drives I have ever had in a Hot Rod. Where else but Southern California???

Chris Wickersham
    President, Pasadena Roadster Club.

25. Okay...i'll make up for this year! I'm gonna try to get a "shotgun" ride for next year!!!! Then i'll get some REALLY COOL shots...

26. Gaters

Gaters

Sorry, I posted one of my pages too early and out of sequence. I had to delete it.

27. Gaters

Gaters

It was a busy weekend and posting later than I expected. Some of my pictures will more than likely duplicate some already posted.

I got there about 6:15am to take arrival photos and man was it cold (for So Cal anyway). The Pasadena Roadster Club was already under way with the registration table, entrance cones and banner, their club roadsters all lined up and about a dozen participant roadster already in line. As you will see in some of the photos, the morning sun had just begun to peak over the San Gabriel Mountains, which came out a bit later in a perfect pre-Summer force. The day couldn't have been more beautiful for this event.

I'd taken my roadster out just to tag along with the group as the Official Photographer for the event. Dennis was kind enough to set me up with my own PRC door placards. Never having been at this event I wasn't sure of how grueling the route would be on my 4-banger so I opted to trailer it out and take photos along the route to the point I felt comfortable. I met up with Billy and upon his arrival, he was missing his co-pilot and asked if I wanted to be his naviGATER for the day. How could I pass that up? I took a lot of pictures along the route sitting in the passenger seat of Hellmet's Calori Roadster, which was exhilarating in itself.

Let's go!

Although I'd taken early photos of the guest parking lot there where cool rides there too.

B-Bob's pickem up
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Those dag gum coupes!!
    [​IMG]

I won't go into all of the roadster shots I'd taken, you've seen em but here are a few of the early arrivals.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Richard Lacy's Roadster
    [​IMG]

Dennis's roadster
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

There were red shirts volunteers ready to help apply each arrivals door number as they lined up for the event.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

As each Hot Rodder arrived and parked it soon turned to friendly hello's and sharing the experience.
    [​IMG]

Coffee and Donut's at the ready.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Early arrival left time for cruisin
    [​IMG]

The stage is set
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 5, 2010
  28. Gaters

Gaters

A little history lesson.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Familiar faces.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

More arrivals
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Lining up.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Billy already causing trouble. Actually, these guys were pretty cool and stopped for us to take pictures.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I didn't recognize this guy with an "N" hat
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

29. Gaters

Gaters

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Dan didn't want to brag but he did the entire route doing a wheelie!! It was impressive.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I thought these were cool. WWI aircraft seats.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Most beautiful roadster 1953, if I remember right.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Bbbbbbbbbad...Bbbbbbbad to the Bob!
    [​IMG]

Pasadena Roadster Club President addresses the drivers at the driver's meeting.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Dennis set out the rules.
    [​IMG]

Lacey's co-pilot
    [​IMG]

30. Gaters

Gaters

Time to go!

Fearless leader at the ready. Shakin hands and takin names.[​IMG]

No better seat in the house. Here was my view for the entire route.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Billy, are we there yet?
    [​IMG]

JB and Ryan
    [​IMG]

Out the gate
    [​IMG]

Through town
    [​IMG]

Sending signals
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

First check point. All these folks are volunteers. THANK YOU!!!!!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Getting more rural
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Tunnel 2
    [​IMG]

Then IT HAPPENED!
    [​IMG]

We broke down. We'd stopped earlier in the route as the roadster started running a bit rough and wouldn't keep an idle. After we'd exited the second tunnel, we had a back fire back up through the carb and it blew the air screen out of the stack. We pulled over into the gravel to see what's up. I figured I take pictures of those going by. We had a few guys pull over to help and a lot of guys slowed to ask if we needed help. Some passed by gave us the finger and just kept going!!!! I was just kiddin about the last part.

Here I thought McFly had pulled over to help.
    [​IMG]

All they did was unzipped their McFly and let it McFly. Can you believe that!!!
    Then they just took off. HA! These guys stayed with us the entire way back. Thanks Guys!!
    [​IMG]

Last edited: May 3, 2010