Register now to get rid of these ads!

carb help in san diego.wheres good and bad?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by hombres ruin, Apr 17, 2010.

1. hombres ruin

hombres ruin

Guys. May need some carb help.Any decent people in san diego with some expertise in the subject? what about san diego carburetor.I have heard some good and bad.Anyone with some insight would be great!

2. kieran

kieran
    from San Diego

yes! san diego carburator off greenfield in el cajon treated me well

3. Sixdeuces

Sixdeuces
    from San Diego

Are you talking about the one over on University Ave. Almost in La Mesa? Had him take care of my ex wife's 64' Dart Carb. Came out perfect and didn't even need an adjustment after it was bolted on. The guy knows his stuff, and will let you know that he most likely knows more than you, but his work is quality, and his estimates are pretty much dead on.

4. hombres ruin

hombres ruin

Thanks guys.I needed some people who had some previous experience with them to give me a review of sorts.Its hard finding someone with good carb knowlege that doesnt rip you off.Just to clear it up,it the shop on university ave,right?.i dont think there is anything else.Anyone else in dago with their reviews?

5. There is only one person in all of So Cal who knows what the fuck he is doing. Get a hold of Rick Walker. You can get his cell number from Hughes automotive on Greenfield. Be very careful !! He will take no shit from anyone. He will throw you out of the shop if you give him any. You can talk to him and tell him your problem and if he wants to do it he will ask you to bring him the carb, Nor the car, Just the carb. He will ask you the cam and heads you have and what kind of motor. He will then tell you the price. If you don't like the price Toooo bad go some place else.
    He is the only man I have trusted for over 25 years with my rare Ford stuff
    Good Luck

6. hombres ruin

hombres ruin

fuzzy knight thanks for the contact but i think the car needs to come with in order to diagnose whats going on with the carbs.But i will contact him and see what he can do.I will give no shit i promise.

7. Redbows35panel

Redbows35panel

Just remember one thing about carburetors. They are just as capable of HATE as any woman you ever made mad.

8. hombres ruin

hombres ruin

redbows35panel,no truer words have been said my friend.Hell hath no fury like a holley scorned.

9. twolane

twolane

quick question for you guys... Called the carb shop up in Ontario and was quoted 150 - 220 to rebuild a quadrajet. Called SD carb and was quoted 350! What should I expect to pay for a rebuild, and is SD carb worth the extra cash?
    other than that i'd really like to talk to Rick Walker, but i'm a little nervous about calling him....

10. HEATHEN

HEATHEN
    from SIDNEY, NY

It depends on how extensive the "rebuild" is. Some people rebush the throttle shafts, replate the small parts, etc. If all they're going to do is soak it and put a kit in it, save yourself some $$$$ and do it at home.

11. 59mercsled

59mercsled

If you want to go up to Oceanside their is a carb shop (I think its called bobs carbs) righ behind smokies speed parts on coast highway. The guy that owns it has rebuilt 3 carbs for me for a fair price and he has like 30 years experience and he is a great old guy.