Register now to get rid of these ads!

Chevy? Ford? Year helppp

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by No car!!!!!!, May 3, 2010.

1. No car!!!!!!

No car!!!!!!
    from Sumner,wa

I was told this was a 1933 chevy deck lid when I spent a large amount of money for it and ends up not fitting my car can anyone tell me what it is and year it would be a big help thanks.

Scott.

Attached Files:

2. eberhama

eberhama

Looks like a '34 Chevy Master decklid. I think(could be wrong) a '33 or '34 standard lid will be a sheetmetal skin nailed to a wood frame, and because of that, not many survive.

3. No car!!!!!!

No car!!!!!!
    from Sumner,wa

I have had alot of people tell me it was cause all the messurements are right for that year but idk about the shape.

4. ken1939

ken1939

I dont think thats a GM lid. Cant put my finger on what it is. The ferulle looks like a gm, but that shape has me stumped, as well as the inside panel...

5. No car!!!!!!

No car!!!!!!
    from Sumner,wa

I know what your talking about I have been doing some major studying on this thing and I was thinking cause I couldnt find a year of chevy that looked like it and I was think it was ford but idk it could be plymouth but idk thanks for looking and trying.

Scott

6. eberhama

eberhama

Upon further review, its not a '34. A '34 has a big dimple instead of a center hole in the inner structure. Maybe its a '35/36 chevy, or maybe another GM brand(buick/pontiac?)

7. Ghost28

Ghost28

Pretty sure it is Chevy. Prolly 35 master or standard, depending on the width an overall top to bottom length. I just installed one for a customer in a 35 3 window coupe.

8. No car!!!!!!

No car!!!!!!
    from Sumner,wa

Thats what im thinking its gota be 34 - 36 chevy cause everyone has told me now that its no ford so its gotta be some type on of a GM deck lid. Thanks.

9. eberhama

eberhama

10. No car!!!!!!

No car!!!!!!
    from Sumner,wa

11. smogmeister

smogmeister
    from Van Nuys

Dodge Bros. You can probably make it work, but it's alot of metal work.

12. No car!!!!!!

No car!!!!!!
    from Sumner,wa