Register now to get rid of these ads!

Next build

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Chopperman, May 2, 2010.

1. Chopperman

Chopperman

OK - so I have decided after I finish the 55', I am building a streetable version of this...

2. woodman

woodman

Streetable meaning back street? I can't imagine the State of California allowing you to drive anything like that down their modern highways. I like the concept but government rules have ruined many a vision.

3. Chopperman

Chopperman

I've driven / rode worse and got away with it:cool:

4. Jay.S

Jay.S

Build it and do wheelies down the highway, and in front of the government office! So engine in the back?

5. Chopperman

Chopperman

for sure....:d

6. OahuEli

OahuEli
    from Hawaii

Cool, go for it! Gonna use a hemi? Post a thread so we can follow the build. I had a similar idea for an Econoline if I can ever find one. Already got a 429 on the engine stand.

7. captainjunk#2

captainjunk#2

i hope you do and post build photos

8. tommy

tommy
    Member Emeritus

Back in the late 60s one of the local guys built a mid engine V8 Corvair ramp side truck and drove it all over. it was cool because you could lower the side ramp and see the entire SBC.

The first wheel stander truck that I saw in person was at Cecil county dragaway. It was there for a test run and not a promotional thing. Nobody knew what was coming. We all soiled our underwear when that thing stood on the bumper and kept going. It didn't go all the way down the track. They were still learning how to control it. It was primered and not lettered so I don't know who it was. One of those things that you never forget.

9. AnimalAin

AnimalAin

Interesting idea, if not quite original. If it doesn't really require street manners, you could look in early '70s Street Rodder magazines. Tom McMullen built one, and it got quite a bit of coverage (it was his magazine at the time).

Building one that can actually turn decently or roll down the highway without too much drama might be a somewhat tougher engineering task.

10. Chopperman

Chopperman

Sounds like a DARE to me:)

11. motorhead711

motorhead711

Bitchin idea!! We need more "SCARY MACHINES" on the street like that!!!!! Long Live the Wheelstanders

12. onedge

onedge

I'm with you do it! Planning ahead.