Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Vintage Torque Fest 2010...pics inside...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Green49Ford, May 1, 2010.

1. Green49Ford

Green49Ford

We started out from Milwaukee on a 3 and 1/2 drive to Farley Iowa. 7 hours later we arrived in Farley Iowa to a small Hurricane. This didn't dampen our spirits or our dirinking ability!!!! I am not going to give you the whole story, but I will share my pics and some thoughts.
    First I want to thank Jon for putting on one hell of a first show! I would have never guessed that it was his first. Run very well!!! I hope that it the final tallies were well beyond your wildest dreams!!! We came down with a crew from the Cheaters of Milwaukee. I can't remember having such a great time with my friends. Thank you guys for that!! Everyone that I met at my photo booth, thanks for stopping by and talking!!! Well here are the pics!!!!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 1, 2014
  2. Green49Ford

Green49Ford

a few more before bed....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 1, 2014
  3. Green49Ford

Green49Ford

Good morning. Hope everyone got home!

4. 31modelo

31modelo

Great pics.You have anymore shots of the A sedan?

5. joebuick

joebuick

looks cool to bad i had to miss it It would have been great to see you guy

6. hotrodpodo

hotrodpodo

Nice pics Jack, thanks for postin'.:cool:

7. dirtbag13

dirtbag13

just got home ! had a good time

8. billys54

billys54

Thanks for the pics.

9. riverrat

riverrat

best show ive been to in 30 years.
    riverrat

10. PBR1844

PBR1844

Jack, your a hell of a shutter bug...Nice pics!! That was a awesome trip, could not have asked for a better time. Thanks to all the Cheaters that traveled along and put up with my overheating.

I want to say my thanks to John for his hospitality to the Cheaters and for putting on such a great show!! I hope the donations were plenty and best wishes to your daughter!! Thanks Again John and see ya next year!!!!!

11. Great Pics. We just got back to Michigan. It will be a few hours if not Monday before I post any pics.

12. CheaterRome

CheaterRome
    from URANUS

I had a great time as well , Jack sorry for the snoring during our late night Excursion. John WELLS ....hell of a show.....knocked it out of the park. When the cause is just and the show is for the right reasons (FUN) it is always the best.

A good time was had by all,especially the "Frat Rodders" whoever they were, late friday evening into saturday morning.

I would be more than stoked next time as well for another round of DJ.ing for the vendor and show car glitz area next time (Are my neons on ??????)

CheaterDan (aka) sweet touches or touchless tunnel.... rad time , One of the best model a hot rod coupes EVER built and had the chance to do exactly 46 mph on the interstate "errrr" turnpike with.

John wells for president.

OR for modeling the next fashion craze of migrant rice paddy farmers hats.

Rome

13. Those are some of the best event pics yet!! Great angles on the photos, hate I missed it... Thanks for posting!

14. Jaker

Jaker

where are the other 1,986 pictures?

good times, GREAT show!

15. Green49Ford

Green49Ford

Thanks for all the coments guys. Hopefully Jon is recovering at home. Well deserved!!
    Jack

16. Master of None

Master of None

Had a great time! Nice pictures and nice ride yourself, I spent more than a few minutes looking it over in the building.

17. Stick Shift

Stick Shift
    from LENA IL

Nice pics of a great show. Wish I could have spent more time checking out the stuff for sale in the building. I did not even get to the swap meet or the swap in Monticello on sunday either. I must be sick or something. What is wrong with me. lol

There seemed to be a lot of things to do at Torque Fest. Great first show for sure.

18. Greaser Bob

Greaser Bob

Great show-was kool wearing my TF t-shirt next day at Waterloo car show.Met/saw a few others w/tshirts and all said it was a blast as well! Master Of None-nice meeting ya and love the truck dude!!!

19. Great stuff....show us more!!

20. RalphyBoy161

RalphyBoy161

These shots are SWEET! thanx jack

21. NiteOwlChris

NiteOwlChris

you should show pics of your daughters play set

22. Porter Man

Porter Man
    Alliance Vendor
    from Mound, MN

Ditto, ditto, ditto! We had a great time and WOW, what a show! John & Kim were exceptional Hosts with the Mosts!! The Artist's designed Helmet idea was brilliant! So much talent and skill went into those pieces!! What a display!!! All the volunteers too! It wouldn't have been so smooth and organized without them! Thanks to everyone!
    I'll post more pix later!

Attached Files:

23. Stevie Nash

Stevie Nash

Great pics! Glad you made it all the way. I'm 70 miles away and didn't get my ass there...

24. Blades

Blades
    from Chicago

The show was great! Started out form Chicago at 10am and got there at 12pm. No, it wasn't that far. Car took a dump on the expressway. Blew a tire and the damned thing was so low that a truck had to recover it because I couldn't lift it on that windy ass day on the expressway. Went back home and got wifes daily and had a blast. The show was awesome and the cars were great. This is definatley something to return to next year.

Attached Files:

25. Tuck

Tuck
    Tech Editor
    from MINNESOTA
    1. Early Hemi Tech

Good seein you CHEATERS-

Jack you're pics are sweeeet...

Nobody took pics of that GREEN 32 five window inside??? That.... by far was my favorite hot rod there. The owner RULED-

26. Stick Shift

Stick Shift
    from LENA IL

Damn Tuck was there. I thought that was his Ranchero but did not see him. LOL

I got a bunch of pics of that 32 last year when I met the owner. He is a great guy. He told me the whole history of that car and how he chased it down after it was traded in (as a original stocker) at a car lot.

27. dustdevil

dustdevil
    from illinois

Great pics and great show. Nice to meet the cheater crew. You guys seem to know how to party! Will have to hang out next time. Lots of cool people and cars/bikes!! Looking forward to next year!:) Ha, ha on the fratrodders

28. dirtbag13

dirtbag13

i got some pics of it ! i'll ry to get them up today ! yeah that was a sweet ass ride

29. Dowies

Dowies

Great pictures Jack. The trip is still etched in my mind. No time for work this morning.

30. HemiDave

HemiDave
    from Austin, TX

Great pics!

Sorry I missed it. Gonna be there next year, though!

Hey John! Congrats on the show!!!

Dave