Register now to get rid of these ads!

Shades of the Past is moving

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by HOTRODPRIMER, Jan 31, 2010.

1. Capt. Zorro

Capt. Zorro

I hate to hear about the change of location. I'm from up in that area originally and usually avoid it like the plague. You can get in by going up Middle Creek but still have to go through Sevierville if they don't get the bridge across Douglas lake on 92 fixed. You guy's coming in on 40E could get off at Newport and come down 411 and miss most of the Sevierville traffic.
    The parking lot in Sept. will be a killer, one of my buddies works part time EMS at Dollywood. Guess he'll get to earn his money this year. He told me a good one, during the off peak times they have a lot of honeymooner's and tour buses come in. He said one of his co-workers said we've only got two kinds of customers the "Newly Wed and Nearly Dead".

2. 29nash

29nash
    BANNED
    from colorado

Just my opinion, nobody making these decisions really care what the participants think anyhow, they welcome the agreements and ignore/rationalize the disagreements; did they poll past participants and give the results of that poll serious consideration?

If not, the changing of the location of a periodic show (where hundreds of participants look forward to next year), is almost always a downer. I could understand that only if the venue was being evicted by the property owner or banned by legislation.

Ego; Some people have such an ego that they can't cope with other egos. Competition and such. The less respect a person has for others, the more ego gets in the way. It's a two way street however you crack it.

3. Deuce Roadster

Deuce Roadster
    Member Emeritus

While in Pigein Forge this weekend ... I went to Dollywood Splash Country ( where the Shades of the Past will be holding the 2010 event )

[​IMG]

The event is SUPPOSED to be on lower side of the photo. The spectator parking is on the other side of the multi-lane road. So there will be SOME grass areas. The SHADES SAY there will be NO canopies on the pavement ... so the grass areas will be @ a preminum.

Deadline for pre-registration is

MAY the 15th ...

Getting in and out of the event SHOULD be easier ... because that hole it was in was almost a one lane path :D

I have not missed a one. This is number 28 for 2010.
    I will just have to see how it works OUT.
    The BEST part of the SHADES event is seeing old friends.

PS. That was the best part of 2010 NATS SOUTH ... this past weekend :D

4. Maybe Dollywood would be willing to host the "Harley Week" that Myrtle Beach ran out of town! :rolleyes:

5. uncle buck

uncle buck

sounds more like too many chiefs in the tribe to me.......

6. unkledaddy

unkledaddy

Dollywood? Why not have it across the street at Peckerwood?

7. fab32

fab32
    Member Emeritus

Ratster, Are you serious? Deuce owners with an attitude/ego? When did this start?:rolleyes: Like always, no one informed me..............hope it isn't a requirement as i've got 2 1/2 of the elitestmobiles (the third one has a big serving of Brookville so it really doesn't count). With the economy down I could probably get enough for them to build a pro-street Pinto (I've got enough ego to own one of those) and put one of my 600 HP Chevy engines in to keep my record of pissing off Ford owners intact. Just when I thought being 65 (almost 66) would let me slide down the road to the end in relative calm another speed bump appears.
    '32 owners..............egos................who would have ever guessed;).

Frank

8. Egos & attitudes are everywhere if that's what you're looking for. Some of the worst I've ever seen have belonged to people who are jealous of what others have. I went to the Southeastern Deuces show on Saturday last year & found DeuceRoadster, HotRodPrimer, and my uncle David. All very nice people.

September in TN on that lot....... sounds perfectly miserable. :rolleyes:

JH

Last edited: May 2, 2010
  9. Tacson

Tacson

To followup Harrison's comment the F100 Supernationals is in two weeks at the new Municipal Parking lot in Pigeon Forge. The parking lot naturally is asphalt and there are no trees. Sure it will be nice and toasty. Here is the parking lot

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: May 2, 2010
  10. Rich,surly you are not referring to me as having a big ego?:D

Jim,,you are right,,there are bad apples everywhere,,and BTW,,I had a EGGO for breakfast this morning!:D HRP

11. ratster

ratster

danny, randy, no i'm not talking about guys. but most guys with 32 fords think that cars like mine are not worth looking at.

jim, i'm not jealous of people who own 32 fords, you of all people know me, if i wanted a 32 ford i'd buy one maybey 2 of them lol

12. Rich,,sorry I missed ya this time,,I did talk to Jimmy,,you guys need to let him play with the Deuce guys,,,Ha,ha:D:D,HRP

13. I know YOU'RE not jealous. You don't have an attitude either. You're blessed, you know it, and you're thankful.

Some don't get it though... regardless of what they drive or hope to own.

JH

14. the-rodster

the-rodster

Jim, Rich, will you guys rub tanning oil on me???

[​IMG]

15. Deuce Roadster

Deuce Roadster
    Member Emeritus

:)

[​IMG]

And I am thinking I will be there ... looking and trying to educate myself a little more about the 1948/1952 F1 pickups. I been wanting another one ... for FAR TOO LONG . ;)

I really want a M47 ( Mercury )
    ( instead of the Ford )

[​IMG]